ZSR Forums
May 15, 2024, 04:55:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 937247 times)
bobemmo
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #585 on: August 10, 2012, 04:31:07 AM »

Whoa, I guess I'm pretty lucky.  The trick to do what I wanted was discovered just a few days before I wanted to use it... didn't think I'd find anything of relevance in the last few posts of the new trick thread so I didn't even bother looking Shocked

Thanks!
Groove Heaven
Deku Scrub

« Reply #586 on: August 22, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »

I'm learning the new MST route and I can't find any good videos or guides on crossing the gap in the Shadow Temple right before the last room with bombchus. I see people do that weird little megaflip to hover boot run to jumpslash thing, but I have no idea what's going on. Someone wanna link me to a video or explain? Thank you guys!
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #587 on: August 22, 2012, 12:56:56 AM »

I don't think there are any videos but I can explain it. What you do it you do a mega sidehop onto the broken pillar next to the door, but before you land you equip hoverboots. The recoil of the mega sidehop should be enough to get you across that gap if you jumpslash (idk if the jumpslash is required but it never hurts to do).

I'm gay
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #588 on: August 24, 2012, 12:29:31 AM »

I didn't know about this!! I just tried it now and got it to work. What you have to do is stand on the platform then perform a mega sidehop, then equip the Hover Boots and continue holding Z and forward (might be unnecessary). When you're almost done hovering just do a jumpslash.

Wouldn't a Damage Boost also work? It'll be harder to do with Bombchus but I'd imagine it could still work.

Alternatively, you can just angle the Bombchu so that it hits the Bomb Flowers in front of the statue.

Hello again. xD
Would anyone be able to tell me the frames I need to drop bomb and backflip for child kokiri hover? I can't find a vid that makes the frames apparent.
Also just to clarify something, are there any ways to kill Morpha as child that don't require getting magic meter?
As always, any help is much appreciated.

I know everyone knows about Bomb Hovers, but I found a very reliable way to pause buffer one. Obviously, this is only useful if you don't have a wall or the Hover Boots. This works the same way for both Child and Adult Link.

1. Stand completely still and pull out a bomb and wait until it turns red the 7th time. This includes the time right before the bomb starts blinking faster.
2. Advance frames until the bomb turns blue.
3. On the blue frame, hold R and down on the control stick.
4. Advance more frames until the bomb is at Link's feet. It should be red by this time (big and blue as Adult Link).
5. Backflip.

Video

Note that there's one frame of leeway sometimes. If you accidentally waited until the bomb was a frame below Link's feet and backflipped, it may work, but in some cases you'll get hurt by the explosion. Also, if you accidentally went to the 2nd frame the bomb was blue, wait until the bomb is one frame above Link's feet and backflip; it just might work.

I know other methods of hovering (sideflip bombchus, etc) are quicker, but this one has served me the best in many challenge runs, and I really don't like bombchu bowling.

EDIT: I'd also like some help on the gainer. Link always goes backwards even when I perform a backflip that isn't in Z-Target mode.

The original way I killed Morpha as a child was using Deku Stick jumpslashes in the water. As long as you can get Morpha out of the water or catch it when it jumps you can defeat it without Magic; the extra range on the Spin Attack with Magic just helps make this easier.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:48:07 AM by Kimimaru » Logged
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

OMG!!! SHIEK'S A CHICK!!!

Email
« Reply #589 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

15 pages of Q+A, and I really dont wanna look through each page to see if its been asked (which it probably has).
Anyways, noob comments aside, is there a real difference between a megaflip and a megasidehop? Ive done both and it looks like a megaflip goes further, but Im not sure. Is there a time where I would use a megasidehop vs. a megaflip?

What does the scouter say about Kzar's epic level?
It's...it's... it's over...um...sorry I'm not getting a reading...
XD
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #590 on: September 04, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »

Megaflips go higher and thus farther than mega sidehops and are mainly for traversing large gaps. Mega sidehops can also be used for getting past large gaps but are generally better for clipping into things. Mega sidehops are used for tricks like skipping Ruto's Letter, Fire Temple Boss Key skip, Spirit Temple Silver Block skip, and unloading B1 of the Deku Tree (this also can work with a megaflip if you angle it right). There are most likely some more that I'm missing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:36:44 PM by Kimimaru » Logged
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #591 on: September 05, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

Spirit Temple Silver Block Skip? I'll have to look into that. Maybe I can still follow my normal casual route without having to RBA special gaunts.

XD
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #592 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:36 AM »

The Hover Boots method is much easier and better since it doesn't require any explosives or pause buffering. If your casual route requires the Hover Boots, you might as well do that method. I think the mega sidehop method for the Silver Block Skip is only for low % MST (that's only where I used it, at least).
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #593 on: September 05, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

A low% MST? I'll have to try that someday. Though I'll guess in requires chus early (probably BotW) which I'm really bad at. I'll look at the route and I'll practice it all first lol.

As for my casual route, Hiver Boots are acquired, but RBAing special gaunts allows me to get 2x defense early. Tongue and they look cool

XD
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #594 on: September 06, 2012, 12:25:38 AM »

You can get double defense with just Hover Boots, a Sword, and a Shield via Recoil Boost.
Kzar5678
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #595 on: September 06, 2012, 12:47:58 AM »

I've never been able to make that clip Sad

XD
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #596 on: September 06, 2012, 01:24:04 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXdDkyEIqho Double defense with only isg, no need for hoverboots. Broke a sockfolder puzzle.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #597 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:21 PM »

How do you superslide off a chu? I see it all the time in TASes and it just looks like they shield drop it and then roll at it and stab it, but I can't seem to figure it out.
lilkcough1
Regular Guay

thanks to vosva for the pic

« Reply #598 on: September 11, 2012, 01:13:11 AM »

@Implicit: There's a reason you only see it in TASes.  To do a superslide, you need a grabbable object.  However, TASes don't use superslides.  They use what's called A-slides and Z-slides.  A-slide stands for analog/analogue or however it's spelled, slide.  Basically, Every 3 input frames, or 1 visual frame, they move the control stick to an extreme in one direction, then puts it back to neutral the next visual frame/3 input frames.  The Z-slide is similar, but you press the Z button instead of moving the control stick every 3 frames.  By doing these, you are able to maintain a constant speed as long as you don't mess up.  It's not worth even attempting on console though, as it's super precise and requires immense pause buffering.
Implicit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #599 on: September 11, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

Thanks, but what exactly is the thing they do with the chu then? Are they analogue sliding out of a chu explosion or something?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: