ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:08:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Written Route  (Read 9521 times)
smallace
Deku Scrub

« on: January 15, 2012, 02:02:57 AM »

Does anyone have a written route for a harp run? Or could someone who knows it well write one? it would be greatly appreciated.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »

The thing is, a written route would be insane to understand. BiTWarps and confusing to explain. I'll try.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:22:15 AM by Abahbob » Logged
smallace
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:07:25 AM »

I understand BiT Warping, So all you would have to say is something like
Enter Skyview Temple
Save
BiTWW Upper academy statue
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:22:20 AM »

old route was here
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:43:12 AM by Abahbob » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

This is called "written route" so Ill post here.
I think the any% RTA is incorrect where in the first visit to Lanayru, after bombing the lightning cave it says to just examine the bird statue by the electric spinny thingy that raises LMF, but shouldnt you save there? becauses that way the deathwarp goes there instead of way the hell on the other side of the desert. If either you abahbob, or testrunner could change that.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
smallace
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 01:06:51 AM »

if you try to deathwarp after the 3rd generator your taken to the entrance of the 3rd generator. if you leave and deathwarp you are taken back to the entrance. The only useful deathwarp is after the hook beetle.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 02:14:23 AM »

"•Save at statue to the right
 •Activate BiT via Bombs
 •BiTWarp Upper-Academy
 •Roll a Bomb toward the wall with the Lightning Node
 •Examine Statue near Combination Lock"
(I think this should be save not examine^^^)
"•Activate Water Node
 •Deathwarp"

This is what I'm referring to, I don't know it it's faster or not I'm just following their route. Deathwarping like this takes you back to "statue to the right" if you dont save at combo lock statue. Its small but I just wanted to point it out.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 02:01:43 AM »

Yea, I should really update the routes. Both the harp and any% routes are outdated. When I get the chance I'll revise it.

Also, I'm very sure about that deathwarp from the water to the lightning node. Saving takes roughly ~7 seconds and death will take about another 30~ sec. Which I feel like would be slower than just running back. It might be faster because it has a better stamina route, but not sure. I'll need to time it.

There are a lot of tricks that were found to be slower when I timed them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:33:55 PM by TestRunner » Logged

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »

Yea, I should really update the routes. Both the harp and any% routes are outdated. When I get the chance I'll revise it.

Also, I'm very sure about that deathwarp from the water to the lightning node. Saving takes roughly ~7 seconds and death will take about another 30~ sec. Which I feel like would be slower than just running back. It might be faster because it has a better stamina route, but not sure. I'll need to time it.

There are a lot of tricks that were found to be slower when I timed them.

What's new in the harp route? I've gotten ok at the current route on the ss page, but I'd like to know what the most up to date route is.

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:09:26 PM »

Most small optimization things. There's still a lot of stuff that needs to be timed. I'm going to try to update the route this weekend, I'll let you know when I do so.

TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:03 PM »

Most small optimization things. There's still a lot of stuff that needs to be timed. I'm going to try to update the route this weekend, I'll let you know when I do so.

Alright, thanks. Btw, is there any reason you can't use the statue in skyview after bitwarp to cancel bit the first time you go into the temple? Why do you have to go into the room with the hydras?
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »

Because then you are on the other side of the gate when you reload the room. So you can open the gate, nab the beetle, get the boss key, etc. If you reload from the statue you'll have to go through 4 extra rooms, or activate the bit again and re-enter from the hydras.

EDIT: Ok, I updated the route. I'm still not 100% sure about that Lanayru deathwarp after the water node. Also this route assumes you use the bottle whenever, but in any% you save it for koloktos. Although I guess you could use the bottle instead of lanayru deathwarp if you manage to keep it to there.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:11:21 PM by TestRunner » Logged

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 12:59:29 AM »

If you manage? It shouldn't be hard. Also, routes should be written to the hardest extreme. If it is possible, it should be in there. Just thinking about routes in OoT, it doesn't say grab a fairy when you are low on health. Also, sorry I've been gone, Ive been taking a ZSR break. Just gotta finish sunshine and prime2 and I'll be back to TAS. Also gonna help with SS again.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »

Well, I'm just not sure if the deathwarp is faster or not. Bottle doesn't matter, since there isn't really an optimal place to use it, just use it as needed. I was just saying that using the bottle MIGHT be faster than using the deathwarp, but if it comes down to it, it's better to use the bottle in Earth Temple if you need it, because that's be worst place to die. Also, note the bottle is easily skippable. Also, it is possible to skip the Faron fairy, but that means beating the entire segment with 0 damage; although that requires you to get the skyview HC which basically negates the time saved.

The route is not designed to be perfect, because frankly, the times are not competitive enough to have to rely on luck based routes. The point of the route is not to make World Records; the people who do that will probably know the route already (since there only like 3 people who are going for one). The route is there to teach people the route or to use as reference. Maybe if the times get really good (like sub 1:49) I'd update it.

Really I'd like to just time different strats/routes out, but I've been extremely busy. Maybe next week or the week after. I definitely will try to get stuff done before the Learning Session.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: