ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:15:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 227478 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »

GlitchesAndStuff & I found something interesting.
He earlier noticed that after a BiTWW in fire sanctuary, if he died, he got warped back to the statue he saved at before starting BiT.

I tested this with BiTW and found out that we actually can revert the BiTW.
If you BiTW to skyloft, and then kill yourself before entering a new zone, the game will teleport you back to the location you were at before the BiTW.

So basically, the game keeps the location you should respawn at through BiTW and BiTWW. It will obviously be overwritten as soon as you go to another location that sets the respawn location.

I am surprised that the game actually keeps the respawn location.

------

No useful BiTWW in skipper's retreat.
No useful BiTWW in Shipyard.
No useful BiTWW in pirate stronghold.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:38:27 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »

Daww cloudmax, I was just testing sand sea areas :/. Oh well now I don't have to finish.

Also, I have just one a few questions about the files used during BiT. You say that with no files selected it pulls info from file 3, or file 2 if 3 doesn't exist, or file 1 if 2 doesn't exist. You also say that if no files exist, it uses information from a BiT file? What do you mean by that? And how could there be no files? I realize you could use the menus to delete any existing files, but you have to first select them to delete them. I just want to clear that up because I don't fully understand the "BiT file" you mentioned.

-----

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:41:49 PM by Matt23488 » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »

Daww cloudmax, I was just testing sand sea areas :/. Oh well now I don't have to finish.

Also, I have just one a few questions about the files used during BiT. You say that with no files selected it pulls info from file 3, or file 2 if 3 doesn't exist, or file 1 if 2 doesn't exist. You also say that if no files exist, it uses information from a BiT file? What do you mean by that? And how could there be no files? I realize you could use the menus to delete any existing files, but you have to first select them to delete them. I just want to clear that up because I don't fully understand the "BiT file" you mentioned.

By BiT file I meant that it loads a "default" file. When you create a "BiT file" it has the creation date of year 2000, 00:00 playtime, etc.
If you do not have any existing files, it will load this default data.

And you can start BiT without having an actual save file.

Just start up the game, delete all files, create a new file, start BiT without ever saving. You won't have any save files since the game doesn't actually save that you are creating a file.

-----

I managed to lock my console.. kind off.. during BiT.
I were in BiT and loaded a file, then started to save right before the screen faded out. (I couldn't actually see that the saving process even started)
When the game had loaded, my home button were disabled permanently, I just got that disabled icon in the bottom of the screen.
I then tried to reset using the reset button on the wii. It didn't work either.
I now started to play again and noticed that after I had hit the reset button, all buttons on both controllers were disabled. The only thing I could do were move and swing my sword. The sound were also missing.
This is because the game is waiting to finish the saving process before it resets the game, but it disables everything before it actually reset.

You can still enter loading zones and such during this, the game still function properly, except for the missing sound and disabled buttons.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:12:55 PM by CloudMax » Logged

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »

The only one, you don't think the game randomly crashes because you just opened the path to the forest area? What if it's trying to load that cut scene over again, or at least randomly.
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »

The only one, you don't think the game randomly crashes because you just opened the path to the forest area? What if it's trying to load that cut scene over again, or at least randomly.

That doesn't seem likely, because the other two cutscenes only load when you bring up the file select screen. I also tested with most of the save files that are posted in the save stockpile thread, and they all freeze upon exiting a house at night. There is something else that we are not realizing just yet.

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »

Guys, I really want to organize all these warps, but please test all the statues. I would hate to say a warp doesn't work when a different statue leads to a big skip.

Also, here's the quickest place to start BiT in skyloft. Just watch beginning. http://www.twitch.tv/abahbob/b/304161304
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:16:24 PM by Abahbob » Logged
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 09:16:51 PM »

Forgot to mention this earlier, dying at night while back in time doesn’t crash the game.

If you select quit, the game goes to a black screen where you can do nothing, but it doesn’t actually crash; the home menu still works.

If you select continue, Link will come out of the house you left or appear at the last statue you saved at (if you save in skyloft at night), like when you normally die, but you are still back in time.

If you select continue and load a file at the same time, the file will load, and Link will come out of the house you left or appear at the last statue you saved (as above.) This is another slow way to use BiT to warp to skyloft. As CloudMax said, if you die in the actual file after this, continuing will take you back to where you actually last saved.

Trying to go back in time while back in time just brings up the normal title screen it seems.
cloneofshadow
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:39 AM »

This is weird.

I played all the way through the story UNTILyou have to follow Fi.  I performed BiT and went to get the GS.  I got the Sword from the Pedestal and the cutscene triggered giving me the Emerald Tablet..THen the cutscene restarted of m just entering the SotG with Link already having the GS. The cutscene just loops constantly.

Edit: Also after Fi re-tells me to re-draw the Sword the GS isn't in the Pedestal instead Like I already expained) I already have it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:00:29 AM by cloneofshadow » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2012, 01:05:36 AM »

This is known. Because of BiT, you are still in a somewhat unloaded BiT mode. After you draw the sword and the cutscene starts, you are in normal mode. It's similar to how in BiT you can enter a map fine, but when you leave the game crashes.
cloneofshadow
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »

So after the cutscene I get the Hero's Tunic and all and when I try to go to Faron Woods/Sealed grounds I can't call my Loftwing. She/He isn't even on the Down-DPAD either
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2012, 01:49:15 AM »

Just go into the statue and get the sword. Don't place the tablet or use skyward strike. Then talk with Groose. Then bird and race. Continue from there.

Also, check out my Skyloft route. Needs improvement, but its already faster than Paraxade's test run.
http://www.twitch.tv/abahbob/b/304272866
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »

To elaborate: If you place the Emerald Tablet before rescuing the Loftwing, the Loftwing is gone forever. So you don't want to do that. Although I'm not sure why you'd want to go through with the race after you get the bird. Unless you just mean the practice with Zelda?
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »

Hmm 2min saved. I wonder how many more can be saved with perfection.
That corrupted file will save 1min and 10sec(about) for the BIT part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrJNuUrPu4
So he could of done it 2min 49sec(youtube length).
This is impressive!
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »

Here is a video of the the Skyview trick I mentioned on page 2 for those who missed it, or simply want to see a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYMdKd4bts

You can read about it here:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/dungeon/skyview-temple

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »

Looking at the BiT section of the site - you can load the Stone of Trials from an existing file in BiT? Does that mean it's possible to access Sky Keep during BiT?

On an unrelated note, I've found that when I'm in BiT and attempt to jump off the ledge to get placed near the Goddess Statue, I often wind up crashing the game. I'm not sure about anything I'm doing differently; in the videos I've seen, no one else seems to have any issues with it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:49:05 PM by TheOthin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: