ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 227526 times)
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59:06 PM »

TheOthin, join the IRC. Here's a useful thing I got. http://www.twitch.tv/abahbob/b/303987352
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 12:06:49 AM »

Not sure what IRC you're referring to. Link please?

Awesome Eldin skip. Feels like this game is just going to start flying to pieces now. Wonder if there's any way this could work to help get into early Bokoblin Base...

I do think it's good to mention all the important stuff here, regardless.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 12:28:30 AM »

I was talking about irc.speeddemosarchive.com #zelda. But it's gone downhill...
Warchamp7
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 01:35:13 AM »

How are you going so fast during BiT Abahbob?

TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 01:50:12 AM »

He's using codes for testing; like speed boosts, moon jumps, etc.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Warchamp7
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »

Oh okay

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 01:54:13 AM »

Trying out wrong warping now, will edit as I test. Wrong warping can be done with any save file

Saved Location Warps to
BiT Map BiT Map
Pumpkin house in the sky OoB near ???, hit skyloft landing trigger. Land outside the Bazaar.
Sandship (first statue in the front end of the boat Spawn in the back of the boat, room with two different spots to shoot the timeshift stone on the mast. Puzzle elements are unloaded, leaving takes you back to the same room, saving at the bird statue takes you back to the same room, but only some elements are unloaded
Sky Keep All rooms in Sky Keep are treated as separate areas. Named by the exits they have
ES room Puts you hanging on a ledge, allows for map skip
NW room OoBs
NS room Sticks you next to a ladder in the conveyor belt part of the room
W Triforce room Drops you off in the middle of a patch of quicksand, can be escaped but perma stuck if you fail.
Save checkpoints Places where the game prompts you to save
After Goddess Sword Places you OoB south of the Knights Academy
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:44:30 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 02:32:15 AM »

Is it possible to make a tab for http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/ for BiT? If everyone recorded the BitWarps, I'm sure all the combinations could be cataloged.

EDIT: Thank you CloudMax
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:40:35 AM by TestRunner » Logged

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 03:29:35 AM »

After the race tomorrow, I will happily go through and BiT warp from every single bird statue in the game and catalog where they take you, if this isn't already in progress.

I haven’t gone through the whole sequence yet, but I’ve having a hard time getting BiT to work at all during the Bokoblin capture, mainly because of what I said before, dying takes you back to the cage, not a statue. I’m not sure if this is true the whole time, and I really can't remember if it is once you reach the cave.

Edit: Found some places where continuing doesn’t take you to a bird statue, but BiT does work. I’m not sure now why it doesn’t work in some places.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:53:43 AM by TheOnlyOne » Logged
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 05:05:38 AM »

Isnt there a bird statue close to the Earth temple place during the capture? I really thought there was.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 07:39:33 AM »

Did some testing, here's what I found

Ancient cistern: 1 statue puts you in mid air in the middle of the room, 2 are oob.  One of them is kinda close to the main room, and if we can somehow hit oob water from there it could pretty much skip half the dungeon, but it looks hopeless for now.

Eldin area: 1 just puts you in a useless spot/lets you get to the digging mitts cave early (must have to do with position).  The other 2 are oob, and 1 of them can put you directly on lava.  I also tried doing it during the item loss sequence.  You can run around the entire world with no items.  Super useful!  (/sarcasm)

Outside fire sanctuary: I was hoping one of them would put you past the fire wall blocking the sanc but they're all oob

Fire sanctuary: this one actually seems promising.  The statue near the plaza will just lead to an oob, but the other 2 statues will lead you to unloaded rooms about half way through the dungeon.  You're able to go through doors but a lot of walls, actors, and textures wont load.  I was able to get to 1 bird statue and saved hoping it could lead to a 2nd wrong warp but I just ended up in the unloaded room again.  If we're able to get to the statue near the boss door then I'm 99% sure we can get the bk skip.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:12:16 AM by mzxrules » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 11:16:01 AM »

And this warping is interesting. My guess is it's using the xyz position of the skyloft bird statue, but loading a different map.

If this is the case, can you warp to different places by saving at different skyloft statues?
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

If this is the case, can you warp to different places by saving at different skyloft statues?
yes.

New finds:
Deep woods (save at the ground floor outside academy statue) - takes us behind skyview temple, allowing us to see all those strange loaded actor issues.

Skyview temple (save at the other statue next to the stairs up to the goddess) - takes us to the main circular room with the beetle in the middle. Enemies and switches are unloaded until re-entry.

This could skip slingshot but CloudMax talks about this messed up skyview if you don't trigger that entrance switch. Still worth a try...

I'm going to do a complete playthrough testing BiTwarp in every map in every state of that map
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »

Lake Floria (outside ancient cistern): Knight Academy statue puts you inbounds a few feet away from the bird statue. The other two are random OoB spots.

Volcano Summit: Bazaar statue puts you inbounds at the beginning of the area (near the hill). Other two both put you out of bounds. Shame, I was hoping for early Fire Dragon. >.>

Also, I saved in the Ancient Cistern basement and did BiT wrong warp. I ended up back in the main room with no actors loaded. Weird :s
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:10:46 PM by Paraxade » Logged
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »

Eldin area: 1 just puts you in a useless spot/lets you get to the digging mitts cave early (must have to do with position).
So there's something else that can affect where you end up, then?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: