ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:09:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 227678 times)
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 06:16:25 PM »

CloudMax, I was mostly explaining the things you said in your timeline so they would make sense to people who hadn't seen it for themselves. I was going to mention that, but it looks like I forgot.

So you're saying, go BiT, revert to normal in the outer area, then just go see Groose and work from there getting the Training Sword along the way, only skipping to get into the Goddess Sword after rescuing the Loftwing? That does sound like it could be faster, although that depends on the applications of what Abahbob found.

If the - button doesn't work, it sounds like we need to get the original Adventure Pouch to use bottles later. Do we know if it's faster/possible to do the third BiT and get it later?

This might already be NewGame+, since it involves loading position and a glitched state from another file.

Hm... Looking at TestRunner's post, I'm wondering what applications the instant warp to Skyloft could have. You could skip a few cutscenes, and definitely screw things up if you warped in the middle of something like Bokoblin Base...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:18:56 PM by TheOthin » Logged
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 06:31:21 PM »

I haven't tested, but  think BiT Warping in the Bobokin base will result in a lock and unable to finish the Eldin song. But if it doesn't, and you can warp back down to any bird statue, you could probably skip any number of items.

Also, I dunno if it's NG+ cause you're using black files. All the manipulations are done with changes you made during the run. Although is it's true and we can find a way to keep all itemsat start, a NG+ run would be pretty hilarious.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »

That's what I meant, screw things up for the worse. But that would be damn interesting if you could skip more things... Seems like you might need most of those items regardless, but you could probably go back and get them more quickly later.

Using the blank file may or may not matter. It doesn't affect the time on the original file, so if we're going by that and excluding time spent on the BiT file, it probably doesn't matter that it's new.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:39:21 PM by TheOthin » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »

Bobokin base seems so unlikely. If you could warp down, wouldn't you warp into the normal map? I'll try that once I get there on my TS skip save.
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 06:41:08 PM »

Whatever we do, it seems like it's mostly going to be limited to Skyloft. Of course, Skyloft is where Sky Keep is...
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »

Yea, I guess you can also BitWarp from lavius.

Also lots of tricks for skipping random items? I smell a puzzle race.

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »

Anyone have a file where they have Sky Keep open or they've dropped it onto the Sealed Grounds? Seems worth looking into how BiT reacts to that.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 07:43:48 PM »

I seems that using a BiT to skip the pouch and shield is probably a poor idea. Both are pretty needed, and only a few room transitions and a Fi text are extra. The time is takes to BiT anyways, you probably get off the island slower.

Still unsure about skipping the Practice Sword, the times are pretty similar, but I think the BiT may be slower.

When you do BiT, and reload the file normally, you'll be placed in your room (you'll need to skip the four opening cutscenes, so useless on normal mode). This means that BitWarp is even easier, as you don't need to perform a BiT again to warp, just S+Q.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:50:40 PM by TestRunner » Logged

GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »

So I just found this strange glitch involving BiT which could lead to some breaks if people are willing to test.

It's basically a way to appear in strange places on the map when loading a file instead of at the save statue where saved. in maps with more than one save point, they will all warp you to the same places

I'm doing it by:
1)Having a save file on slot 1 saved in the map where I want to appear in the strange place.
2)Using a corrupt save file on slot save slot 3 with the corrupt heart, causing BiT from the instant death on file load
3)in BiT, load the 1st file and save at an owl statue in the same A press.

This is what I'm using to cause the glitch to happen, I'm not sure what is neccessary though.

so far I've tried (all using a save file currently at the earth temple besides the desert one):
Inside sealed grounds (normal) - appear OoB under the map (can't get in bounds)
Outsie sealed grounds (normal) - OoB under the map
Faron woods - appear in bounds next to the vine used to jump to The elder
Deep woods - Oob under the map
Main desert area (after upgrading beetle) - land in so me sink sand without a way to get to land
Earth temple - Land in lava and keep respawning and landing in it until death. Death takes link to the propper statue he should be at.
Skyview temple (first save statue) - in-between unloaded rooms. Got into OoB water once somehow in the 1st main room but couldn't get there again. Jumpslash from constant falling wil load two rooms beside you.
inside the digging mitts place -spawn pretty much above where the save statue is

try different save statues in temples because room loading will effect things, although you will always appear in the same spot on the map. I only tried the first two save statues in the earth temple so try more of those too.

The skyview one should skip the first two rooms as it warps you into the 3rd room, if only I can work out how to get into the OoB water again...

if you find anything or have questions, let me know.

Things I want to try:

-Eldin captured
-triforce place
-cistern
-loading off save prompts

Skips:

saving at first save statue in eldin - takes you right above the digging mitts place, skipping a big chunk of eldin (all of the lower part)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:07:59 PM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »

Heres a sweet skip. Do the thing GAS talked about at the first bird in Eldin. Skips straight into the little place with the mitts Cheesy
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »

It seems to me that there are some instances where BiT will not work. Three times I can remember, the cave in skyloft, Demise, and at the beginning of the bokoblin capture. The only thing these have in common is this: continuing doesn’t actually put you at a bird statue. It definitely needs to be tested in more places, but for now I’m going to say this: BiT won’t work if continuing will not put you at a bird statue.

And this warping is interesting. My guess is it's using the xyz position of the skyloft bird statue, but loading a different map.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »

Shit's getting fucking weird.

Ok here's what went down...

I had 3 saves, one a near completed save in slot one, the second was a newish hero save, and the third was a "new" save which originally had my newish hero save on it, but i copied it over to slot two and deleted slot 3.

With this configuration, I died and gameovered while in Title Screen BiT, then chose to continue. When I continued, bat's door by the graveyard opened up. I dropped down and went inside. Walking in I instantly received 5094 rupees... the EXACT NUMBER of rupees i had on FILE ONE.

Also, through some bizarre sequence of events, I've managed to corrupt file one so that it starts out IN BIT.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:49:35 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »

TheOnlyOne: Argh that's a shame. Definitely means BiT won't apply to AC big key. I was wondering why BiT was sometimes not working, but i guess it makes sense now (kind of).

mzxrules: Woah! I'm baffled... sounds like you somehow loaded from File 1 instead of File 3 in BiT.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »

To GAS's: It probably places you at at the 0,0,0 of each map? That seems like it could be. And holy balls batman, starts in BiT? does that mean the actual game is forward in time?  Cheesy

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 11:48:11 PM »

BiT as in the title screen version? Damn, this is all getting so weird. Anyone able to record this stuff? I can record, but not for the next few days.

Also, a couple of minor things I noticed; I'm probably not the first one. Talking to the potion lady without the Adventure Pouch, the conversation continues as usual where she gives you the Empty Bottle, but her text box is blank when you would get the potion, and talking to her again and again results in the same conversation. Going back after early Goddess Sword, I ran into the instructor guy who wants you to target him, but for some reason I couldn't target him. Eventually I just walked away, since he was only yelling at me to stay if I went near the boxes, which I didn't even have to go up. Also, after placing the tablet, I flew back over Skyloft and for some reason I couldn't land, even though the down arrow thingy appeared telling me I could. I was able to fall normally into Faron, then back onto Skyloft when I went back later.

Also, I was messing around and accidentally overwrote my first file by saving in BiT without having a file selected, but for some reason it overwrote it with the second file instead of the blank third one like the first post says. Anyone know why this might be?

I feel like we need a better way to tell the difference between the title screen BiT and the loading from a saved BiT. Maybe full BiT for the title screen one, partial BiT for the loaded one without the title screen? Thoughts on those names?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:54:34 PM by TheOthin » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: