Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 181760 times)

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
Re: BiT Research Topic
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2011, 06:04:40 PM »
Was all those rupees from a previous file?
I won't completly understand this until I get around to doing this entire glitch myself.

Offline Matt23488

• Regular Guay
  • Meh
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
Was all those rupees from a previous file?
I won't completly understand this until I get around to doing this entire glitch myself.

Yes, doing certain things during BiT update certain aspects of your inventory with the inventory of the file that BiT was activated on.

Offline Kronox

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2011, 08:10:44 PM »
So after watching TheOnlyOne stream i tried messing around with BiT... And i admit i re-did almost all the things you guys tried ( just for the sake of it) but there was ONE thing that doesn't seem to make sense at all

Loading a file while BiT just as the prompt is disappearing while going to sleep --> It loads, but you end up falling into the void BUT if you check your map you're clearly in the house were you slept on.

Also the color of the void depends if you are going from day to night. I found it interesting and i got a little obsessed with this one as it seems the game "registers and saves" your position while you sleep and go through doors.

Maybe different beds render different X,Y,Z coordinates just as it happens with bird statues (That's what i'm going to try next)

**Edit**

Tried that with all the beds i could find and the result was the same. Loaded equipment from file 3, but always ended up falling OOB while the maps shows the House were i slept (but there is no Link icon anywhere)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:31:48 PM by Kronox »

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I make videos of games that are done very fast.
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2011, 09:04:04 PM »
I believe it is something of the opposite of the BiTWW as we know it. It seems to load the room of the bed, with the coordinates of the save already made.

Offline TheOnlyOne

• Regular Guay
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
I figured the same thing and put it to the test. Saving at different statues in the file you load as you sleep indeed alters the position of Link in relation to the room. I managed to actually get him into the potion house (not OoB) by saving at the bazaar statue in skyloft. I canít see any use for this yet as youíre limited to skyloft houses, but weíll see.

Edit: It seems day vs. night alters the position as well.

Edit 2: Selecting day to day or night to night then loading during the fade out loads that file properly and spawns link in the house you slept in, regardless of where you saved.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:39:01 PM by TheOnlyOne »

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
That could be useful, as you don't need to save over the file to get back in skyloft. Now warping on any file works easier.

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »
I'm confused a bit.
You say your position is altered when you sleep in a bed?
So let's say you die purposely in Faron woods. There are 4 statues in Skyloft so that means your player can be warped to 4 different points. Now add in the night/bed factor and your player can be positioned at another point?
Or did I misunderstand?

Offline TheOnlyOne

• Regular Guay
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »
While back in time, if you sleep in a bed and load a file during the fade out, that file will actually load, and link will be in the map of the house you slept in. Linkís position in this map is based on the position he was in in whatever map that file had been saved in. This is usually out of bounds. However, if itís day and you sleep till day or night and you sleep till night, and load a file during the fade out, the file will load, and link will be in the house, not OoB. This is different from the BiT warping weíve been dealing with so far, and itís more or less unrelated (as there is no saving going on.)

By the way, you can do something similar with the hint stone by the training house at night while back in time. Load a file while saying youíd like some hints, and the list will come up. Exiting this list, you will see that the file has loaded normally, and you will be in front of the stone (or in that spot if it isnít actually there.)

These are alternate ways of warping to skyloft, I suppose, but theyíre slower than just warping to BiT skyloft with the Bazaar statue.

Hope that clears some things up.

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:54 AM »
This is something rather useless, but it is possible to mess up the button texts on menues during BiT.
If you interact with a statue during BiT and open up another menu in the file selection while it is loading, wrong button texts will be attached the the buttons.
Example:
Interact with a bird statue, and while the menu hasn't fully loaded yet, press the -/+ button on a file to bring up another menu.
The buttons will use the text from the last opened menu, on both of the menues, making it look all messed up.

It appears that the buttons still act the same, it is just a visual error, so I do not think it is useful at all.

______

During BiT, the game triggers the cutscenes that the currently selected save file have already "Unlocked".
I have explained this a several times, and I do not understand why people still hasn't figured it out.
If you do not have a file selected, the game uses save file number 3 and takes the information from it. if that file doesn't exist, it take file 2, if that one doesn't exit, it takes file 1, and if that one doesn't exist, it uses the information of a BiT file.
So you never have to think about "save file 3", you can choose which file it uses by simply having it selected in the file menu, I found this 2 days ago, and explained it a several times.

If you do not want to trigger any cutscenes, you just select a save file that has not yet came far enough into the game to have watched/unlocked these cutscenes.

This is why people say that different cutscenes randomly triggered in skyloft when they rolled into a tree, or turned a windmill, because they all had different information on save file 3, and when they said that it was random, it was simply because they had another save file selected in the menu without knowing about the effects it causes.

The game loads data this way for everything during BiT, it is the same when you enter a new area, it will load the area to look like the currently selected file. And it also works like this during BiTWW. It is basically how the game loads data during BiT.

Hope this helps.

______

I managed to activate a pillar of light during BiT, I entered the goddess statue, activated the triforce symbol, put the tablet in there, started the cutscene the game asked me if I wanted to save, but the file selecting screen was gone during this, so I could sadly not BiTWW using the cutscenes save it seems.
When link spawned in his room, the cutscene where he's equipping his tunic starts, and as soon as it ends and you get control over link, the game crash.

However, since the game allowed me to save, it was possible to BiTW to skyloft using the cutscenes save.

When I loaded up the file that I had done BiTW on, it started the cutscene in the academy where link equip the tunic (he does not actually equip the tunic if the file doesn't have it.). It also auto heal you so that you have full lives.

I was really hoping that I would be able to BiTWW.

-

I used the BiTW on a new BiT file (unused) and a few funny things happened.
I wake up in links room, when I exit it I get the pouch. Everyone in the academy acts as if I'm leaving skyloft (except for the beds. can't sleep in the academy).
Outside of skyloft it is like a totally new save file. I get the skyloft intro, the instructor wants me to go to him, and everything seems normal.
Except for a few things...
Both of the skyloft gates are open (they are trying to repair the gate while it is open, looks weird).
The Sparring hall is unlocked, so I could get the sword right away.

Everything else appears to be normal.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:12:46 AM by CloudMax »

Offline TheOnlyOne

• Regular Guay
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2012, 03:36:40 AM »
Wow CloudMax, I did the exact same thing. I had actually gone through the wing ceremony on the file I saved to, so I got the pouch and went outside, and as it turns out, the characters from the ceremony were all still standing there, and if I got close the instructor told me to run off the platform repeatedly until I turned around and went the other way. XD Jumping off skyloft and calling the bird started the race, but with the normal sky music. I also managed to get two Fis on the screen at the same time inside the goddess statueÖ Weird stuff, but all useless it seems. =/

I do have an important question that I hope someone can figure out an answer to. When you try to go outside at night while back in time, it usually loads nighttime skyloft the way it would be for the file that is ďloaded.Ē But on some occasions, they game crashes just like when you go outside during the day. I simply cannot figure out what causes this. My guess is it has something to do with the files themselves, but I havenít been able to see any pattern in when it will crash and when not. Does anyone know whatís up with this?

The reason we need to get this cleared up is because Iím pretty sure we could get into sky keep in BiT for another warp position (or more, my guess is only one though because the game would crash when the map comes up after moving the rooms, but who knows) by going in at night, but it keeps crashing on me when I leave the house. Iíve tried leaving with a file that just got the trial stone, one right after placing the stone, and a fresh file (save in front of academy at the start of the game) with the intent of loading nighttime skyloft with the fresh file, then selecting the file with the trial stone then placing it. I just find it strange because I had no problems leaving at night before I tried to pursue this.

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 05:10:25 AM »
GlitchesAndStuff & I found something interesting.
He earlier noticed that after a BiTWW in fire sanctuary, if he died, he got warped back to the statue he saved at before starting BiT.

I tested this with BiTW and found out that we actually can revert the BiTW.
If you BiTW to skyloft, and then kill yourself before entering a new zone, the game will teleport you back to the location you were at before the BiTW.

So basically, the game keeps the location you should respawn at through BiTW and BiTWW. It will obviously be overwritten as soon as you go to another location that sets the respawn location.

I am surprised that the game actually keeps the respawn location.

------

No useful BiTWW in skipper's retreat.
No useful BiTWW in Shipyard.
No useful BiTWW in pirate stronghold.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:38:27 AM by CloudMax »

Offline Matt23488

• Regular Guay
  • Meh
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
Daww cloudmax, I was just testing sand sea areas :/. Oh well now I don't have to finish.

Also, I have just one a few questions about the files used during BiT. You say that with no files selected it pulls info from file 3, or file 2 if 3 doesn't exist, or file 1 if 2 doesn't exist. You also say that if no files exist, it uses information from a BiT file? What do you mean by that? And how could there be no files? I realize you could use the menus to delete any existing files, but you have to first select them to delete them. I just want to clear that up because I don't fully understand the "BiT file" you mentioned.

-----

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:41:49 AM by Matt23488 »

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
Daww cloudmax, I was just testing sand sea areas :/. Oh well now I don't have to finish.

Also, I have just one a few questions about the files used during BiT. You say that with no files selected it pulls info from file 3, or file 2 if 3 doesn't exist, or file 1 if 2 doesn't exist. You also say that if no files exist, it uses information from a BiT file? What do you mean by that? And how could there be no files? I realize you could use the menus to delete any existing files, but you have to first select them to delete them. I just want to clear that up because I don't fully understand the "BiT file" you mentioned.

By BiT file I meant that it loads a "default" file. When you create a "BiT file" it has the creation date of year 2000, 00:00 playtime, etc.
If you do not have any existing files, it will load this default data.

And you can start BiT without having an actual save file.

Just start up the game, delete all files, create a new file, start BiT without ever saving. You won't have any save files since the game doesn't actually save that you are creating a file.

-----

I managed to lock my console.. kind off.. during BiT.
I were in BiT and loaded a file, then started to save right before the screen faded out. (I couldn't actually see that the saving process even started)
When the game had loaded, my home button were disabled permanently, I just got that disabled icon in the bottom of the screen.
I then tried to reset using the reset button on the wii. It didn't work either.
I now started to play again and noticed that after I had hit the reset button, all buttons on both controllers were disabled. The only thing I could do were move and swing my sword. The sound were also missing.
This is because the game is waiting to finish the saving process before it resets the game, but it disables everything before it actually reset.

You can still enter loading zones and such during this, the game still function properly, except for the missing sound and disabled buttons.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:12:55 AM by CloudMax »

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
The only one, you don't think the game randomly crashes because you just opened the path to the forest area? What if it's trying to load that cut scene over again, or at least randomly.

Offline Matt23488

• Regular Guay
  • Meh
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 11:28:41 AM »
The only one, you don't think the game randomly crashes because you just opened the path to the forest area? What if it's trying to load that cut scene over again, or at least randomly.

That doesn't seem likely, because the other two cutscenes only load when you bring up the file select screen. I also tested with most of the save files that are posted in the save stockpile thread, and they all freeze upon exiting a house at night. There is something else that we are not realizing just yet.

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
Guys, I really want to organize all these warps, but please test all the statues. I would hate to say a warp doesn't work when a different statue leads to a big skip.

Also, here's the quickest place to start BiT in skyloft. Just watch beginning. http://www.twitch.tv/abahbob/b/304161304
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:16:24 PM by Abahbob »

Offline TheOnlyOne

• Regular Guay
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 01:16:51 PM »
Forgot to mention this earlier, dying at night while back in time doesnít crash the game.

If you select quit, the game goes to a black screen where you can do nothing, but it doesnít actually crash; the home menu still works.

If you select continue, Link will come out of the house you left or appear at the last statue you saved at (if you save in skyloft at night), like when you normally die, but you are still back in time.

If you select continue and load a file at the same time, the file will load, and Link will come out of the house you left or appear at the last statue you saved (as above.) This is another slow way to use BiT to warp to skyloft. As CloudMax said, if you die in the actual file after this, continuing will take you back to where you actually last saved.

Trying to go back in time while back in time just brings up the normal title screen it seems.

Offline cloneofshadow

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »
This is weird.

I played all the way through the story UNTILyou have to follow Fi.  I performed BiT and went to get the GS.  I got the Sword from the Pedestal and the cutscene triggered giving me the Emerald Tablet..THen the cutscene restarted of m just entering the SotG with Link already having the GS. The cutscene just loops constantly.

Edit: Also after Fi re-tells me to re-draw the Sword the GS isn't in the Pedestal instead Like I already expained) I already have it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:00:29 PM by cloneofshadow »

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
This is known. Because of BiT, you are still in a somewhat unloaded BiT mode. After you draw the sword and the cutscene starts, you are in normal mode. It's similar to how in BiT you can enter a map fine, but when you leave the game crashes.

Offline cloneofshadow

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
So after the cutscene I get the Hero's Tunic and all and when I try to go to Faron Woods/Sealed grounds I can't call my Loftwing. She/He isn't even on the Down-DPAD either

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »
Just go into the statue and get the sword. Don't place the tablet or use skyward strike. Then talk with Groose. Then bird and race. Continue from there.

Also, check out my Skyloft route. Needs improvement, but its already faster than Paraxade's test run.
http://www.twitch.tv/abahbob/b/304272866

Offline TheOthin

• Regular Guay
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »
To elaborate: If you place the Emerald Tablet before rescuing the Loftwing, the Loftwing is gone forever. So you don't want to do that. Although I'm not sure why you'd want to go through with the race after you get the bird. Unless you just mean the practice with Zelda?

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
Hmm 2min saved. I wonder how many more can be saved with perfection.
That corrupted file will save 1min and 10sec(about) for the BIT part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrJNuUrPu4
So he could of done it 2min 49sec(youtube length).
This is impressive!

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »
Here is a video of the the Skyview trick I mentioned on page 2 for those who missed it, or simply want to see a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYMdKd4bts

You can read about it here:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/dungeon/skyview-temple

Offline TheOthin

• Regular Guay
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »
Looking at the BiT section of the site - you can load the Stone of Trials from an existing file in BiT? Does that mean it's possible to access Sky Keep during BiT?

On an unrelated note, I've found that when I'm in BiT and attempt to jump off the ledge to get placed near the Goddess Statue, I often wind up crashing the game. I'm not sure about anything I'm doing differently; in the videos I've seen, no one else seems to have any issues with it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:49:05 AM by TheOthin »

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2012, 12:08:38 PM »
Looking at the BiT section of the site - you can load the Stone of Trials from an existing file in BiT? Does that mean it's possible to access Sky Keep during BiT?

On an unrelated note, I've found that when I'm in BiT and attempt to jump off the ledge to get placed near the Goddess Statue, I often wind up crashing the game. I'm not sure about anything I'm doing differently; in the videos I've seen, no one else seems to have any issues with it.

The game crashes when you activate the stone of trials if I remember correctly. I can't remember exactly what happened.

Also, about the crashing, I have never experienced it myself, but people say that it happens when you press B while falling down there or something. Can't remember for sure.

Offline GlitchesAndStuff

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Feel free to ask me anything
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »
Here is a video of the the Skyview trick I mentioned on page 2 for those who missed it, or simply want to see a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYMdKd4bts

You can read about it here:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/ss/dungeon/skyview-temple
Not to be rude, but I believe I found that wrong warp first. Anyway, yeah there is a softlock if you press B to get back to the title screen on certain animations like falling off edges and sleeping.

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2012, 12:35:20 PM »
Not to be rude, but I believe I found that wrong warp first. Anyway, yeah there is a softlock if you press B to get back to the title screen on certain animations like falling off edges and sleeping.

You found the wrong warp, but if you watch the video, you'll see that I found a way to skip basically everything by reloading the area behind the barred gates.

Offline TheOthin

• Regular Guay
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »
CloudMax, when the site lists the fence hop method for early Lake Floria, you're credited for the trick, but Brickguy is also credited for getting the original fence hop that you expanded to skip directly to the waterfall. This seems like the same situation, but you're the only one credited for this skip on the site.

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
CloudMax, when the site lists the fence hop method for early Lake Floria, you're credited for the trick, but Brickguy is also credited for getting the original fence hop that you expanded to skip directly to the waterfall. This seems like the same situation, but you're the only one credited for this skip on the site.

That was because others didn't get credits for finding the wrong warps either from what I know of anyway.
It is like the regular wrong warps (not using BiT), I do not take credits for finding any of the warps, even though I tested almost all of the OoB warps in the entire game.
It is the same for the early BK in fire sanctuary. The finder of the actually warp didn't get credits, but the person who found a use for it did.
I am not the one who decides if this is the right or wrong way to do it, I just followed that mindset because it seemed logical to me, and because someone else also used it before me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:17:06 PM by CloudMax »

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »
That was because others didn't get credits for finding the wrong warps either from what I know of anyway.
It is like the regular wrong warps (not using BiT), I do not take credits for finding any of the warps, even though I tested almost all of the OoB warps in the entire game.
It is the same for the early BK in fire sanctuary. The finder of the actually warp didn't get credits, but the person who found a use for it did.
I am not the one who decides if this is the right or wrong way to do it, I just followed that mindset because it seemed logical to me, and because someone else also used it before me.
I only put Miles for early BK in the Fire Sanctuary because I didn't know who found the warp. If you know who found them, you should really put something on the page like, "wrong warp discovered by ___", or like I did with the skipping the scrapper escort when I said it was found by Paraxade & Kazooie. I just haven't looked that deeply into the posts to know. So please don't keep with that mindset Cloud. If you know who found the warp, post it on the page(s).
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »
Guys, I'm worried about Sailcloth skip. If you skip it, the doors in the academy won't unlock. Wouldn't this affect starting the info about Lavias? That would mean it would only be for harp runs. I'm getting to that part now, but if anyone has a save around there it would be helpful

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2012, 06:28:03 PM »
Any type of save file or a BIT version?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/saves

If the doors to the school is locked from the outside then why not use clawshot and enter Zelda's room. Assuming you can still get outside somehow.

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »
What i mean is this. When you finish the race and get the Sailcloth, all the internal doors unlock. If you skip all that, the only open doors are the bath, restroom, links room, and the headmaster's room. So that kills the Levias sequence when you need to talk with one of the Instructors. I'm on lvl 5 atm, almost there.

Offline Paraxade

• Special Guay
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »
Yeah, this whole thing explains why m2k2 stopped putting credit on the pages. It probably works better that way.

Offline TheOnlyOne

• Regular Guay
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »
Abahbob, something to try when you get there:

Place the emerald tablet while back in time. You can do this by going back in time with the file you want to progress, selecting a file that hasnít placed the tablet, then entering the goddess statue, then selecting a file with at least the goddess sword, then skyward strike the bird thing, and then place the tablet. You will get some cut scenes and it will prompt a save. Make sure the file youíre trying to progress in was selected before this prompt comes up.

You should have warped your file into the cutscene where link puts on his tunic. After the cutscene, you are in the academy in your room. I have no idea if the state of the academy will be of any use, but itís worth a try.

Oh, had another idea. Since you are saved in the academy, maybe you can BiTWW into other parts of the academy? Also worth a try. Even if something works out, it may really just be faster to get the sailcloth.

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »
The only event that affects the academy is the Race. Other events change actors, but nothing else changes the locks.

Offline KingOfHeart

• Special Guay
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »
Does clipping through the vines get you inside the school or is it all void?

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2012, 02:48:47 AM »
Wait, isn't the lower academy door still unlocked if you skip the sailcloth?
I am almost positive that it still was unlocked for me.

It locks itself during the Fi escort, but doesn't it stay unlocked if you skip the Fi sequence?
And isn't the lower academy door unlocked in the Skyloft Title map? If that's the case, then we won't have any problems either.

I only put Miles for early BK in the Fire Sanctuary because I didn't know who found the warp. If you know who found them, you should really put something on the page like, "wrong warp discovered by ___", or like I did with the skipping the scrapper escort when I said it was found by Paraxade & Kazooie. I just haven't looked that deeply into the posts to know. So please don't keep with that mindset Cloud. If you know who found the warp, post it on the page(s).
I'll add it in right away. But then I'd appreciate if I and kazooie will get credits for the OoB wrongwarps if they ever become useful aswell, since I spent an entire day testing almost every single one of them. ^^

It was ZFG that found the fire sanctuary warp, at least he was the first person to mention it that I know off, and he posted a video of it.
Glitchesandstuff found the skyview warp.

This is something I found out while doing some testing with BiTWW and OoB WW today:
Fire Sanctuary is split into 3 sections.

Section 1:
The first room in the dungeon.

Section 2:
The Boss Door Area, including the room to the north west.
All rooms from the mouth up to the boss key.

Section 3:
All other areas in the entire dungeon.
Note that all the bridges is a part of this section.

When you BiTWW in a dungeon, which section you were in before the warp decide which section of the dungeon it loads.

In Fire sanctuary you will load section 3 if you saved at section 3.
If you saved at section 1, you will load section 2.
If you saved at section 2, you will load section 2.

When you BiTWW, the actors in the room will only be loaded if you saved in that room before activating BiTWW.
When you're in a section with missing actors, you have to reload the current room to make them appear. You can do this by exiting and entering it again, or save & quit, then load the file again.

An example of this is when we get BK early in Fire sanctuary. We save in a room in section 1 and BiTWW, so the actors will be missing. then we have to reload the area to make the actors load properly, so that we can continue to the boss key.

We can also skip a few rooms before the mogma mitts in fire sanctuary by doing BiTWW from the statue after the 1st room.

This is the same for all dungeons. I've not documented the sections for any other dungeons yet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:58:04 AM by CloudMax »

Offline TheOnlyOne

• Regular Guay
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2012, 05:42:34 AM »
He isnít saying you canít get into the academy, heís saying you canít get into the room of the instructor who teaches you the spiral charge.

Unless some sidequest event unlocks his door (doubtful) the only potential way into his room would be a BiTWW. We might have to get the sailcloth afterall. =/