ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:22:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 227482 times)
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »

Okay, I realized that.... I guess I'll start a new file on file 3. I had my 100% file copied onto all 3 files. File 3 was saved with one heart for quick death, file 1 was used as a backup, and file 2 was the file I was manipulating with BiT. Thanks.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »

Miles found a way to get the Fire Sanctuary boss key early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om3M1yC6Ta4
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »

Nice! I didn't think to try that, I thought that the blue platform wouldn't load unless you were "in the room" where the boss door is.

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2011, 10:44:26 PM »

Nice, I wish he would of kept the video going and show him getting the boss key.
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »

Okay, for those who can leave a house at night and the game not freeze, but you have opened the thunderhead or the graveyard door, I have figured out how to still use the fourth statue to BiTWarp. Here's how:

Note that this will probably only work for BiTWarping on file 2 (you'll understand why after you read this or try it out).

Since the thunderhead cutscene only starts when you press A and bring up the file select screen, you must not touch A after leaving the cave until you are close enough to "talk" to the statue. This will bring up the statue's prompt and the file select screen at the same time, and the cutscene will not activate. Now press down on the d-pad to center the cursor. This should put the pointer on file 2 and deselect any options from the statue's dialog. From here you can press A to select file 2, then move the control stick like normal to load and save at the same time.

EDIT:

I made a video showing how this is performed and it is uploading to YouTube now. I will post the link on this post when it is finished.

EDIT 2:

The video is uploaded here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 01:54:57 AM by Matt23488 » Logged

KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »

Was all those rupees from a previous file?
I won't completly understand this until I get around to doing this entire glitch myself.
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »

Was all those rupees from a previous file?
I won't completly understand this until I get around to doing this entire glitch myself.

Yes, doing certain things during BiT update certain aspects of your inventory with the inventory of the file that BiT was activated on.

Kronox
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2012, 04:10:44 AM »

So after watching TheOnlyOne stream i tried messing around with BiT... And i admit i re-did almost all the things you guys tried ( just for the sake of it) but there was ONE thing that doesn't seem to make sense at all

Loading a file while BiT just as the prompt is disappearing while going to sleep --> It loads, but you end up falling into the void BUT if you check your map you're clearly in the house were you slept on.

Also the color of the void depends if you are going from day to night. I found it interesting and i got a little obsessed with this one as it seems the game "registers and saves" your position while you sleep and go through doors.

Maybe different beds render different X,Y,Z coordinates just as it happens with bird statues (That's what i'm going to try next)

**Edit**

Tried that with all the beds i could find and the result was the same. Loaded equipment from file 3, but always ended up falling OOB while the maps shows the House were i slept (but there is no Link icon anywhere)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:31:48 AM by Kronox » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2012, 05:04:04 AM »

I believe it is something of the opposite of the BiTWW as we know it. It seems to load the room of the bed, with the coordinates of the save already made.
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2012, 05:19:30 AM »

I figured the same thing and put it to the test. Saving at different statues in the file you load as you sleep indeed alters the position of Link in relation to the room. I managed to actually get him into the potion house (not OoB) by saving at the bazaar statue in skyloft. I can’t see any use for this yet as you’re limited to skyloft houses, but we’ll see.

Edit: It seems day vs. night alters the position as well.

Edit 2: Selecting day to day or night to night then loading during the fade out loads that file properly and spawns link in the house you slept in, regardless of where you saved.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:39:01 AM by TheOnlyOne » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2012, 05:43:52 AM »

That could be useful, as you don't need to save over the file to get back in skyloft. Now warping on any file works easier.
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2012, 08:41:38 AM »

I'm confused a bit.
You say your position is altered when you sleep in a bed?
So let's say you die purposely in Faron woods. There are 4 statues in Skyloft so that means your player can be warped to 4 different points. Now add in the night/bed factor and your player can be positioned at another point?
Or did I misunderstand?
TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »

While back in time, if you sleep in a bed and load a file during the fade out, that file will actually load, and link will be in the map of the house you slept in. Link’s position in this map is based on the position he was in in whatever map that file had been saved in. This is usually out of bounds. However, if it’s day and you sleep till day or night and you sleep till night, and load a file during the fade out, the file will load, and link will be in the house, not OoB. This is different from the BiT warping we’ve been dealing with so far, and it’s more or less unrelated (as there is no saving going on.)

By the way, you can do something similar with the hint stone by the training house at night while back in time. Load a file while saying you’d like some hints, and the list will come up. Exiting this list, you will see that the file has loaded normally, and you will be in front of the stone (or in that spot if it isn’t actually there.)

These are alternate ways of warping to skyloft, I suppose, but they’re slower than just warping to BiT skyloft with the Bazaar statue.

Hope that clears some things up.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »

This is something rather useless, but it is possible to mess up the button texts on menues during BiT.
If you interact with a statue during BiT and open up another menu in the file selection while it is loading, wrong button texts will be attached the the buttons.
Example:
Interact with a bird statue, and while the menu hasn't fully loaded yet, press the -/+ button on a file to bring up another menu.
The buttons will use the text from the last opened menu, on both of the menues, making it look all messed up.

It appears that the buttons still act the same, it is just a visual error, so I do not think it is useful at all.

______

During BiT, the game triggers the cutscenes that the currently selected save file have already "Unlocked".
I have explained this a several times, and I do not understand why people still hasn't figured it out.
If you do not have a file selected, the game uses save file number 3 and takes the information from it. if that file doesn't exist, it take file 2, if that one doesn't exit, it takes file 1, and if that one doesn't exist, it uses the information of a BiT file.
So you never have to think about "save file 3", you can choose which file it uses by simply having it selected in the file menu, I found this 2 days ago, and explained it a several times.

If you do not want to trigger any cutscenes, you just select a save file that has not yet came far enough into the game to have watched/unlocked these cutscenes.

This is why people say that different cutscenes randomly triggered in skyloft when they rolled into a tree, or turned a windmill, because they all had different information on save file 3, and when they said that it was random, it was simply because they had another save file selected in the menu without knowing about the effects it causes.

The game loads data this way for everything during BiT, it is the same when you enter a new area, it will load the area to look like the currently selected file. And it also works like this during BiTWW. It is basically how the game loads data during BiT.

Hope this helps.

______

I managed to activate a pillar of light during BiT, I entered the goddess statue, activated the triforce symbol, put the tablet in there, started the cutscene the game asked me if I wanted to save, but the file selecting screen was gone during this, so I could sadly not BiTWW using the cutscenes save it seems.
When link spawned in his room, the cutscene where he's equipping his tunic starts, and as soon as it ends and you get control over link, the game crash.

However, since the game allowed me to save, it was possible to BiTW to skyloft using the cutscenes save.

When I loaded up the file that I had done BiTW on, it started the cutscene in the academy where link equip the tunic (he does not actually equip the tunic if the file doesn't have it.). It also auto heal you so that you have full lives.

I was really hoping that I would be able to BiTWW.

-

I used the BiTW on a new BiT file (unused) and a few funny things happened.
I wake up in links room, when I exit it I get the pouch. Everyone in the academy acts as if I'm leaving skyloft (except for the beds. can't sleep in the academy).
Outside of skyloft it is like a totally new save file. I get the skyloft intro, the instructor wants me to go to him, and everything seems normal.
Except for a few things...
Both of the skyloft gates are open (they are trying to repair the gate while it is open, looks weird).
The Sparring hall is unlocked, so I could get the sword right away.

Everything else appears to be normal.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:12:46 PM by CloudMax » Logged

TheOnlyOne
Regular Guay

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »

Wow CloudMax, I did the exact same thing. I had actually gone through the wing ceremony on the file I saved to, so I got the pouch and went outside, and as it turns out, the characters from the ceremony were all still standing there, and if I got close the instructor told me to run off the platform repeatedly until I turned around and went the other way. XD Jumping off skyloft and calling the bird started the race, but with the normal sky music. I also managed to get two Fis on the screen at the same time inside the goddess statue… Weird stuff, but all useless it seems. =/

I do have an important question that I hope someone can figure out an answer to. When you try to go outside at night while back in time, it usually loads nighttime skyloft the way it would be for the file that is “loaded.” But on some occasions, they game crashes just like when you go outside during the day. I simply cannot figure out what causes this. My guess is it has something to do with the files themselves, but I haven’t been able to see any pattern in when it will crash and when not. Does anyone know what’s up with this?

The reason we need to get this cleared up is because I’m pretty sure we could get into sky keep in BiT for another warp position (or more, my guess is only one though because the game would crash when the map comes up after moving the rooms, but who knows) by going in at night, but it keeps crashing on me when I leave the house. I’ve tried leaving with a file that just got the trial stone, one right after placing the stone, and a fresh file (save in front of academy at the start of the game) with the intent of loading nighttime skyloft with the fresh file, then selecting the file with the trial stone then placing it. I just find it strange because I had no problems leaving at night before I tried to pursue this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: