ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:19:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 227671 times)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2012, 04:29:54 AM »

Maybe, not necessarily. The condition may be nothing. Also you there is no way to "glitch through the clouds", as the loading zone does not exist.

<Triforce3250> You're my hero mode
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2012, 05:00:30 AM »

Yeah, pretty much what TestRunner said. In BiT Skyloft if you fly around, you can actually see the holes and go through the clouds. The triggers do not exist until the tablet is placed. Even if you could go early, it wouldn't be Faron 0. Placing the tablet is like opening a door. It doesn't change where the light takes you.
kenshen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »

i know i was thinking of bit loading and ww if you could just bitload a corrupted save before skyview then ww there after a few attempts of corrupting then saving just the right data you might get there
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »

Doubt it. The possibility that you could get there using that is ridiculous. The possibility that it exists is even lower. Although there are multiple verisons of Sacred Grounds, I still doubt that a "0" exists.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »

Gotta bring the SS Forum back alive.

Airikita uploaded this, but hasn't posted about this. So I feel like posting about it. This is pretty interesting. The application of this isn't very useful, but it may be interesting in other places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aysmloHUTfM

Ask her about it, I don't know the exact details. Something about loading a file onto another file, but apparently different than BiTLoading. She managed to get to Sealed Grounds with Practice Sword. She had a phone call at the end and had to stop recording.
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

Yea this is basically Early Light Pillars. There are a couple other ways to do this, but it's cool to see it done without bombs. I messed with this before for funzies. You get dead ended when you need to charge a skyward strike in the sealed grounds. I was hoping to at least skip Fi, but nope, she's still there. What a troll she is.

Once again, this is bitLoading. Not sure what Airikita thinks bitLoading is, but now I wonder what it means too... Also she really needs to test on hero mode, I don't know how she puts up with all that text.

Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2012, 02:52:58 AM »

I researched BiT for SS, and I've been on my own kind of "hunt" for different results with the same method/concept the BiT uses.

I came up with reverse-BiT by doing certain cutscenes in Skyloft during BiT and loading a game at the same time.

However, at first I came up with the death warp in the BiT cave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeLddWeJXaQ

This wasn't accidental, I figured since Link appears in the BiT as a result of him respawning, so why not make him respawn in a file that I can open?

I expanded more, finding that doing this same concept when cutscenes started, I could trigger the Sky Keep early:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AvSRXgWsK0

Which was really tricky since, if you time it wrong, you can either crash the game or just load the file with no results.

However, I also loaded a BiTLoaded map with glitchy sounds. At first I thought the timing was off, but I tested it again.

Apparently Sky Keep will only open if the file you OPEN starts with a cutscene.

Which is why a new game works, because it starts with Link's nightmare.

So I tested a new theory... skipping the Goddess Sword and opening the portal to Faron.

I tried at it a bunch of times, but I ended up back at Skyloft. However, a closer look... I did it at night (by sleeping in a bed during BiT) and my other file was in Daytime. So when I loaded the file, BiT was loading the map, however it was not loading the cutscene to opening the portal.

I saw bats flying in front of the Goddess Statue in daytime with the gate shut... BATS IN DAY TIME!!!

That clued me in that the scene was loading in Skyloft (to open the portal), but the file I loaded had to be SAVED before a CUTSCENE.

So what did I do? Saved AFTER flying with Zelda before the cutscene with Groose at the Wing Ceremony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aysmloHUTfM

I tested out other cutscenes during getting the Goddess Sword. If I started a file while starting the cutscene where Fi handed me the Tablet, I get the Ancient Tablet, but the Goddess Sword would be gone FOREVER!

I also had some random OoB moments where I would fall infinitely in the position that I saved in Skyloft.

Why would I skip the Goddess Sword? For fun. But I was stopped at the Evil Aura and couldn't do a thing with the toy sword.

(Recently TestRunner has told me that these findings are old, but I've been doing my own glitch hunt without knowing anything about it. I find it helps me find more breakthroughs)
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2012, 04:50:24 AM »

This has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'll repost for Airikita's sake. So, if you try to load a CS onto a file from BiT then you'll be warped to the Follow Fi sequence Skyloft but it's day time. Kind of weird, not much sense to it. But if your file is saved at a Cutscene, then the file will be loaded proper.

You can place any of the three tablets, thus causing the Light Pillars to open early by loading them from BiT. Although trying to place a real tablets on your file out of order will result in a crash (usually). You can also open skykeep just as you showed. Unfortunately, these BitLoading glitches are generally not allowed in a standard SpeedRun since you need to use pre-prepared files. Everything you use must be done/made during the run. You could of course have a special category that allows this though.

Luckily there is a way to cause the Opening the Thunderhead CS to start without any premade files (saves about 30 min), so it's allowed in speedruns. It would be great if we could find a way to open skykeep early without premade files (as it would save about an hour) but I don't think it's likely since the thunderhead CS is triggered very differently. But it's BiT, who knows what magic is lying in wait.

Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »

There is something else I've been looking at... If you have a file saved in a location (in my case, I used my completed game saved in Hylia's Realm), and save in BiT map, you will start at the BiT map if you load that file.

However, if you die (kill yourself) in Skyloft on that file, you WON'T respawn in Skyloft, instead you will respawn back at the save point BEFORE saving in BiT.

Technically the save in BiT doesn't seem to count as a true save.

So, in my completed file, when I died in BiT Skyloft playing my completed file, I ended up back in Hylia's Realm.

I tried dying by loading my completed file in BiT before dying, but it will only crash. So it doesn't seem to work during BiT itself.

Perhaps if you save in Skyloft during day it may not crash? Or perhaps it is the loading from dying in Skyloft BiT that causes this to crash?

I wonder what would happen if you saved before a cs, saved in Skyloft BiT, and died in that file...
TestRunner
Regular Guay

Skyward Sword Editor

« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »

So when you perform either a BitSave or a BitWarp, the game does not update your "death respawn location", aka "checkpoint". Your checkpoint is updated everytime you enter an area loading zone, save normally, and a few other special places. So if you die, you respawn at your last checkpoint. But BitSave and BitWarp do not update that. So if you die after performing one, you'll appear at your last checkpoint (which is the last time you saved before BiT). However, if you enter a building then the checkpoint is updated, so if try to kill yourself then you'll respawn in the building. It's good to know, since it's a good way to "undo" a BitSave or BitWarp.

So, the BiTSkyloft is a little funky. It's the area that plays during the title screen. As such, there is no map. Tring to load the area proper will result in a crash (by either entering/exiting a building or by dying and respawning). The night version of skyloft is however the normal skyloft map, so it can be loaded properly. All the buildings and caves and goddess statues don't crash either, as they are normal maps.

You should probably check out the ZSR page if you haven't before. It doesn't go into some details of a lot of things, but you may find if helpful: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/SS. You could also read through this entire thread, since a lot of stuff is documented over time here.

Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #370 on: June 17, 2012, 04:50:06 AM »

Uh... can someone explain this BiT mishap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS1GXF0FNPk
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »

It's worth mentioning that the "it works after the save prompt because a cutscene is scripted to trigger when you load the file" theory is BS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPbq-MK3Weg

That same thing can be done on every single save prompt. The game is not scripted to trigger cutscenes when you load the file, it spawns you inside cutscene triggers.

So, the BiTSkyloft is a little funky. It's the area that plays during the title screen. As such, there is no map. Tring to load the area proper will result in a crash (by either entering/exiting a building or by dying and respawning). The night version of skyloft is however the normal skyloft map, so it can be loaded properly. All the buildings and caves and goddess statues don't crash either, as they are normal maps.

Not sure what you meant here but there is a map (Skyloft), just with a weird state for the title screen applied to it. If you went to a different area and then went back, it would try to load day Skyloft; that's what makes it crash, for some reason.
Airikita
Deku Scrub

« Reply #372 on: June 18, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »

New breakthrough/theory: is Skyloft BiT the REAL Skyloft, or the psuedo-Skyloft you see in the skies when flying your Loftwing???

Video: http://youtu.be/B9t8YjJkNRQ

With my new discovery - loading a map in BiT psuedo-Skyloft, it's clear that this isn't really Skyloft you're on, but the Sky itself!

Surely you can't go to the Lumpy Pumpkin or the color island, but technically I should be able to fly my Loftwing below the clouds! However, loading a map from my complete file has actually loaded the sky when it should have loaded Skyloft-only!

Technically, think of it - no people, and the mirror is down. Possibly the ONLY reason you see the full Skyloft at night is because, when you leave a house, you're ACTUALLY ENTERING SKYLOFT!

The only reason Lumpy Pumpkin is notloaded is that it "thinks" you're actually in Skyloft, so it loads the statues, but the people actors are still missing, including the knights. Also, note that the birds flying above Skyloft only appear when you're in the sky.

So, you're not really in Skyloft.

Also, when you save at a save point, and start a file and it's all bright, remember this: the intro that you play on a new file? The cutscene where Zelda hands the letter to her bird looks EXACTLY like the Skyloft you see when you save at a save point in BiT and start your file!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:54:21 PM by Airikita » Logged
kenshen
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »

New breakthrough/theory: is Skyloft BiT the REAL Skyloft, or the psuedo-Skyloft you see in the skies when flying your Loftwing???

Video: http://youtu.be/B9t8YjJkNRQ

With my new discovery - loading a map in BiT psuedo-Skyloft, it's clear that this isn't really Skyloft you're on, but the Sky itself!

Surely you can't go to the Lumpy Pumpkin or the color island, but technically I should be able to fly my Loftwing below the clouds! However, loading a map from my complete file has actually loaded the sky when it should have loaded Skyloft-only!

Technically, think of it - no people, and the mirror is down. Possibly the ONLY reason you see the full Skyloft at night is because, when you leave a house, you're ACTUALLY ENTERING SKYLOFT!

The only reason Lumpy Pumpkin is notloaded is that it "thinks" you're actually in Skyloft, so it loads the statues, but the people actors are still missing, including the knights. Also, note that the birds flying above Skyloft only appear when you're in the sky.

So, you're not really in Skyloft.

Also, when you save at a save point, and start a file and it's all bright, remember this: the intro that you play on a new file? The cutscene where Zelda hands the letter to her bird looks EXACTLY like the Skyloft you see when you save at a save point in BiT and start your file!

just watched video down button on the d pad is locked by the file load screen to be center the cursor that's why you cant press dpad down have you tried with the forest column of light? that's earlier and might work better
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #374 on: June 19, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »

BiT Skyloft is the Skyloft from the title screen. It's not the on from the sky. There are videos of people gltiching and landing on the skyloft in the sky. It's a separate map, that's why the other islands don't really exist.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28
  Print  

Jump to: