ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 09:15:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: BiT Research Topic  (Read 232545 times)
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2012, 02:28:59 AM »

Have you tried TP BiT?
Just tried, and it didn't work, but i've never done it before, so i may have timed it wrong. I could try it in dolphin with savestates tomorrow, but in don't expect anything different, since unlike the retail version, the demo's title screen is just a generic picture of the sky.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:31:10 AM by ahou » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2012, 02:38:57 AM »

If the title screen is literally an image, then BiT shouldn't work. But you never know
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2012, 02:49:23 AM »

Sorry, it's not a still image. It's a picture of the sky, with clouds moving across. But yeah, i highly doubt it'd work.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2012, 03:42:34 AM »

Sounds like it will. We just need to find a place for it. I saw a video and it seems like it uses the same engine for most things.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

What does the screen look like as it transfers from death to start menu again?

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2012, 04:57:13 AM »

Normal dying fade out crap. After its black, it takes a while. It then fades back into the title screen file select.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2012, 05:50:49 AM »

More things.

I discovered how to wrong warp to different points of the sky. To do so, simply obtain the ability to fly by saving over a file with the ability to summon a loftwing (should be a file that already has the goddess sword legitimately), then jump off the platform and start playing an existing game. The timing for this is very broad, but if you're late it will crash the game.

The coordinate in the sky is dependent on what bird statue you previously saved at. One cool thing about this is that if you save at like the pumpkin bird statue, you'll end up at the same spot, but the sky theme will play as long as you don't jump off of anything.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2012, 05:56:39 AM »

Can anyone make the Left on D-Pad to walk through walls and air, but for the Demo? I really want to explore a bit, but the only code that lets you explore Skyloft causes no events to work.

Actually, it would also work to add an activator to the current walk while in the "bird racing" level. Just make it so that it is only activated when holding down something on d-pad.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:20:37 AM by Abahbob » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »

I discovered something new.

The cutscenes that play in Skyloft are NOT determined solely by what cutscenes have already played in the file. There is another factor to this.

Here's exactly what I did on my Hero save in slot 3. I started off at skyloft's bird statue and killed myself, activating BiT. When I rolled into the bug tree, the bats door opening cutscene occured. I then moved to the bird statue outside of the earth temple and saved/killed myself. This time when I rolled into the tree I got both the bats cutscene AND the opening of the thunderhead cloud cutscene!

sounds interesting...

Something that I experienced the other day was the cutscenes playing as soon as I selected the file without saving or picking up fruit, This is probably already known but I don't look much into BiTE, when I saved again on that file though, it didn't happen again... I was selecting a file saved in BiT skyloft
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Can this be used to get into thunder head early?
I just realized something. Besides Skyloft there is a statue on punkin island and inside thunder head, can both theses statues be reached and used like the other statues?
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »

Well I doubt that they would work. Or well atleast. Skyloft is it's own map, so the statues have separate coordinates from pumpkin and thunderhead. Once we get away from Skyloft with the title screen open, then we can wonder about these things. 
KingOfHeart
Special Guay

« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »

Just for fun, anyone with action replay want to test this?
I seen someone run across the sky with no bird so I know this is at least possible.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »

Well, no. If you run from skyloft, you will stay in skyloft map. So unless you magically get into beedles ship and sleep, you cant exit skyloft.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »

Ahabob, you can get into the sky map if you save over a file that has a bird, but haven't gotten the goddess sword. If you try and fly here during bit, you can get to the sky by heading into a loading trigger somewhere around the east side of Skyloft. This takes you to either the Loftwing practice or Wing Ceremony thing depending on how far in the game you are.

So, if you can figure out (or already know) how to gain back control after the thunderhead cutscene plays, and can clip out of the practice area, you could possibly reach the thunderhead couldn't you?

sounds interesting...

Something that I experienced the other day was the cutscenes playing as soon as I selected the file without saving or picking up fruit, This is probably already known but I don't look much into BiTE, when I saved again on that file though, it didn't happen again... I was selecting a file saved in BiT skyloft

I've never experienced a cutscene playing just by selecting the file from the file select. From my experience...

Rolling into the tree by the bug kid always plays cutscenes related to file 3.
I can activate cutscenes fairly consistently by going up to a bird statue and not saving. What file is selected here determines what cutscene plays.
Saving the game seems to "lock-in" a file.
Dying and continuing, or entering skyloft at night seems to re-activate any cutscenes that play.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2012, 02:46:29 AM »

Sorry mzx, said that wrong. Clipping out of the training sequence would be really sweet.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: