ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:58:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Seg'd Test Run - FINISHED: 6:23:20  (Read 282976 times)
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2012, 03:51:33 AM »

Finished watching the remaining segments. You did _awesome_ work with this Para, congrats.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »

congrats parax on beating the game this fast.

good to see the game reduced to speedrunnable times. sub 6 looks possible with more speed tricks and with BiT looks pretty easy to do.
surprising that this game ended up being shorter than TWW (considering the early runs of the game)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:30:24 PM by UchihaSasuke » Logged

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Swiffy
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2012, 04:50:56 AM »

I don't really have the means to watch this run right now, so I have a quick question. Is there any reason you need any rupees throughout this run? I've read that upgrading the beetle was worthwhile, but any use for rupees otherwise?
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2012, 03:08:30 AM »

I don't really have the means to watch this run right now, so I have a quick question. Is there any reason you need any rupees throughout this run? I've read that upgrading the beetle was worthwhile, but any use for rupees otherwise?

The Beetle upgrade is the only thing he needs rupees for. In a 100% run you would need rupees for other things(to play the pumpkin arrow shooting game, to get a bug net, etc), but if they ever actually need a large amount of rupees then they could just go to the nightshop and sell stuff.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »

^ It makes no sense to me to go way out of your way to visit the night shop so you can sit through long dialogue for rupees when there's tons of them right in the way and you don't even need that many anyway.
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »

^ It makes no sense to me to go way out of your way to visit the night shop so you can sit through long dialogue for rupees when there's tons of them right in the way and you don't even need that many anyway.

Obviously in an %any run where there's hardly any rupees to collect the night shop's dialogue is way too long. In a 100% run though, based on the definition, you would potentially need an enormous amount of rupees for all the wallets, medals, upgrades, etc, and in hero mode you can fill up a wallet of any size with one visit just because you can start out with as many goddess plumes/gold skulls/etc as you need. It may not work out that going to the shop at any point in that route would make sense, but it may possibly be worth it if, for instance, you max out your wallet, use all that money to purchase wallet upgrades, and while in town visit night shop to fill up that wallet and then purchase more items, or do some other thing in order to eliminate making multiple trips.
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »

About Skykeep, I assume you've done your best to find best route, but it seems to me the rearrangement is a bit excessive. Maybe since you do it fast, I probably move the rooms a lot more around.
Since this time being achieved on hero mode, I'm curious just how much time the cutscenes would take. Would be quite some part of the whole playing time.
And how is the playlist doing?
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »

I have just watched half the run and I just wondered: Why only let the stamina gauge refill up to ~1/4? There's a refraction period after you stop sprinting before it refills so to minimize the percentual time there's a refraction I'd assume you should let it fill as much as possible before next sprint. At least when you're running a long way...

Am I missing something?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2012, 12:09:40 AM »

I have just watched half the run and I just wondered: Why only let the stamina gauge refill up to ~1/4? There's a refraction period after you stop sprinting before it refills so to minimize the percentual time there's a refraction I'd assume you should let it fill as much as possible before next sprint. At least when you're running a long way...

Am I missing something?

The stamina meter goes down more slowly once it gets down to the last 1/4. If you notice when you first start running the stamina meter goes down fairly quickly, but once you get down to the last 1/4 the speed of its decreasing slows down.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »

ArthurDent: I just used the same route mzx posted a while back, tried for a little bit to see if I could find any faster route but I gave up. All the rearrangement and backtracking is necessary so I can skip the earth temple room.

And playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0E92D59C0C1A3A35
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »

The stamina meter goes down more slowly once it gets down to the last 1/4. If you notice when you first start running the stamina meter goes down fairly quickly, but once you get down to the last 1/4 the speed of its decreasing slows down.

I was sceptical so I decided to do some sciency-stuff. I ran the distance from the rail to the shattered mirror thing (twilight? Idk no spoilers please) in the temple of time 3 times using 2 methods: Stamina meter completely fill up and fill up 1/4th.

Results:
1:37.7 for letting the stamina meter fill up completely between dashes
1:37.0 for letting the stamina meter fill up 1/4th between dashes

Conclusion: The difference was 0.7 seconds which I would deem is within the margin of error (5 turns). Therefore, dashes should be planned out in advance to fit the appropriate terrain (climbing, platforms, pushing, whatever) but favouring a special type of dashing wouldn't really matter...

But I guess you already knew that :p.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:41:26 PM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »

ArthurDent: I just used the same route mzx posted a while back, tried for a little bit to see if I could find any faster route but I gave up. All the rearrangement and backtracking is necessary so I can skip the earth temple room.

And playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0E92D59C0C1A3A35

That's good, I watched through it again and saw it made sense, the room route looked clearly good to me. If something looks strange i a speed run it's probably there for a reason, I just wanted to make sure it was optimal.

And now it's a night with your SS run.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
  Print  

Jump to: