ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:41:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% Seg'd Test Run - FINISHED: 6:23:20  (Read 282975 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »

Press B right after firing. Very simple trick.

Segment 68
Segment 69
Segment 70
Segment 71
Segment 72
Segment 73
Segment 74
Segment 75
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:09:01 AM by Paraxade » Logged
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »

Segment 52 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwXUCPVTxw&feature=related#t=2m31s:
It's pretty easy to actually just throw one of the water plants at the frog's mouth from the below it without going all the way up to the platform. Just grab a plant next to the fiery door, walk up and throw it upwards a bit, the water doesn't have to hit directly on the mouth the hitbox for it is pretty generous.
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »

Sky Keep was entertaining.

Also, lol at all the retards asking you how your beetle is upgraded.

Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 03:56:35 AM »

In segment 74 its possible to defeat the big shield monsters faster by nudging them off the ledge. Its a tricky maneuvre which involves hanging off the ledge and knocking them off via a collision boost.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2012, 05:42:37 AM »

Hakutri: Cool, I'll try that out soon and add it to the list.

Mitjitsu: Any chance you can get a video?

Segment 76
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:45 AM »

Oh okay, didnt notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also thought, that Sensorbar isnt needed. I played without it and didnt notice any difference, so i thought its not necessary at all. Wrong again Cheesy.

Well the sensor bar's only function is that it is constantly recalibrating the Wii remote as your hands shift position, the sensor bar has no affect other than that on your movement and pointing which is controlled entirely by the Wii motion+ and the sensors in the Wii remote. Things like pointing at the screen are gauged entirely by how much your Wii remote is tilted in relation to its "neutral position" which the sensor bar gauges and readjusts. That is why if you are facing left the sensor bar will determine that to be your new "neutral position" to be facing left, and then as you tilt the Wii remote up/down/left/right the cursor on the screen moves in that direction even though the actual controller is pointing in a different direction. Occasionally the sensor bar doesn't readjust quickly enough or has issues, in which case you can recalibrate it manually(minus on d-pad) but other than that there is no need for it.

Hurray, part 76 is here! Good job with the test run so far it's been really entertaining
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:55:43 AM by Hakutri » Logged
fury
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »

Home stretch! Great stuff

How'd you get that beetle upgrade? Tongue

Well the sensor bar's only function is that it is constantly recalibrating the Wii remote as your hands shift position, the sensor bar has no affect other than that on your movement and pointing which is controlled entirely by the Wii motion+ and the sensors in the Wii remote. Things like pointing at the screen are gauged entirely by how much your Wii remote is tilted in relation to its "neutral position" which the sensor bar gauges and readjusts. That is why if you are facing left the sensor bar will determine that to be your new "neutral position" to be facing left, and then as you tilt the Wii remote up/down/left/right the cursor on the screen moves in that direction even though the actual controller is pointing in a different direction. Occasionally the sensor bar doesn't readjust quickly enough or has issues, in which case you can recalibrate it manually(minus on d-pad) but other than that there is no need for it.
Is there a way to do that minus button centering with the sword? Hitting minus on the aiming screen for the beetle or something is easy and quick so I don't mind having to do it as often as I do, but it doesn't seem to center the sword. When the sword is out of whack, the only way I've found is I have to point at the sensor bar, keep it steady, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, ah, there, finally the thing centers the sword. And by that time I'm usually hit 2-3 times while waiting for my sword to right itself.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my Wiimote is an original Wiimote with the addon Motion Plus. Are the new Wiimote Plus integrated remotes better at keeping calibration? (I really don't want to spend another $40 just to find out)
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »

Mitjitsu: Any chance you can get a video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW9ucysnCRg&feature=youtu.be

If you really wanna be pro, you might want to try and knock both of them off the ledge by using the ledge shield boost. Sadly, I was only able to do it once in a timely manner withing my 2 hous of attempts and ran out of memory midway through capturing that attempt.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my Wiimote is an original Wiimote with the addon Motion Plus. Are the new Wiimote Plus integrated remotes better at keeping calibration? (I really don't want to spend another $40 just to find out)

This could be the issue, I have been using the gold Wii Remote + that came with the game, and when I point at the sensor bar, it is pretty much instantaneous calibration.

And yes, pressing minus while aiming or on the map screen doesn't fix the sword, which is annoying :/

Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2012, 06:09:35 PM »

I don't know any way around not being able too press minus because of Fi talking. Normally if I need to I just press C to go into first person and then press minus quickly and then go out of 1st person with a sword swing. Alternatively you could always pause the game and recalibrate it(but seriously, no one would go through the trouble). I have heard people say there may be an issue with the motion add-on to the pre Wiimotion+ controllers, but I don't have any evidence backing that and don't know if I buy some of the stories, but there could possibly be a problem with it.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »

Final Segment: 77

6:23:20
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:23:19 AM by Paraxade » Logged
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:54 PM »

Congrats Smiley great tiem
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2012, 11:26:54 PM »

Congrats. Are you planning on using BiT in future runs?
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »

Congratulations with your world record! I've not been to youtube for some days, and I got a nice suprise that you finished it. It's amazing to see sub 7, that's 1h47m shorter than the live run! Only 2 monhs afte the game came and it's done in such a time.
do you have a playlist of all the segments?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »

not so far, youtube won't load my playlists. hopefully i'll get one soon.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: