ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:34:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% definition  (Read 60976 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Large_Dildo
Regular Guay

per....so......na

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 08:37:24 AM »

Also, isn't the purpose of 100% to make a huge category where you do most of the stuff in the game?
That's a vague way of defining it. 100% means to complete all significant goals. Things like walking on every pixel or entering every door are obviously excluded because they don't have an effect on the actual gameplay.
Lets just put it this way:
I bring a friend home and tell him that I have 100% in a game.
We start up the game and he checks that map and asks "what are those purple dots?".
I'd answer, "it is chests you can unlock throughout the game, but I haven't opened them, because they do not contain anything useful".
Any person I know would instantly say that I do not have 100% in the game, because I avoid opening these special chests that are marked on the map, simply because I do not find the content useful.
First of all, lets not let casual players decide on the requirements of a speedrun category. They really don't matter in this case. Secondly,  collecting the rupee chests without a need for them is literally pointless. It'd be like breaking every pot or reading every sign. In no other games has been collecting excess rupees been a requirement of 100% and there is little reason to start now. I know that previously the 100% categories were defined with somewhat questionable reasoning, but they all avoid redundancy. That's not a tradition that would be good to break here.

So, from a casual gamers perspective, it would be a part of 100%, no doubt. And for my own personal file, it is a must for the file to be considered 100%.
But when it comes to the 100% definition, the rules will always be different.
casual gamers don't have a centralized definition of this speedrun category. We're safe for now.

And one last time: I am not saying that we should or shouldn't open them. I am just putting it out there so that people can think about it, because some people clearly doesn't. Some people just think "this is not fun and it takes a long time, and therefore we won't do it".
I don't want them to be included because they're pointless, not because of how fun it is.

I believe in true bromance

[13:33] <Greg> LD I love u
[13:33] <Greg> !!!!!!
[13:33] <Large_Dildo> suck my dick
[13:33] <Greg> yes!!!!
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »

I have a question regarding the goddess cubes in the pause menu.
When you've found all it says that there isn't any cubes left.
Was this done on a file where all chests were opened?

Because on a file that hasn't taken all cubes/chest it tells you that it allows you to dowse for the cubes AND chests, which it does.
Maybe it tells you that there stilla re chests left that hasn't been opened if you haven't opened all?
This would make a big difference in whether or not all the chests should be opened.
If it is mentioned in both the pause menu and on the map, I think we should open them. If not, then we don't.
Because if it turns out that it tells you that there still is chests left to be opened, it would be similar to how you get the last 50 golden skulltulas in OoT.
Both will give you the useless rewards of rupees, but we still get them because it is displayed within the status menu.

I do not see how anyone could avoid this fact. So someone who have a file with all cubes unlocked that still have chests that hasn't been opened yet should check this.

EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »

Yeah, all the chests were open. As I said in the original post mentioning the dowsing thing, I'm not sure if the tracker includes the chests or not. Someone should check this out for sure.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »

I'll test this on my hero mode file, gimme a bit
Note: hero mode giving you full skyward strike is unbelievably broken, you can grab so many of these from far away lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:10:35 PM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 01:12:20 PM »

Note: hero mode giving you full skyward strike is unbelievably broken, you can grab so many of these from far away lol

I got a question to ask about that.

How many "levels" of skyward strike are there ? From what i've read there's only two (basic one you have through the first two thirds of normal mode, and advanced one you have in the end, and during whole hero mode), but i've seen on a video someone charging it instantly, while on my hero file I still have to wait a bit (like .2 second), is there a third level you unlock further in the hero mode ? Which would be instant and have even more range ? Cause the one I have still has limited range too.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:46 PM »

I got a question to ask about that.

How many "levels" of skyward strike are there ? From what i've read there's only two (basic one you have through the first two thirds of normal mode, and advanced one you have in the end, and during whole hero mode), but i've seen on a video someone charging it instantly, while on my hero file I still have to wait a bit (like .2 second), is there a third level you unlock further in the hero mode ? Which would be instant and have even more range ? Cause the one I have still has limited range too.

Hero mode always have the longest and strongest skyward strike possible.
In hero mode you get instant skyward strike where you normally would get the improved skyward strike.

Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »

Okay that's what I thought, so there are 2 powers and 3 speeds to it.
You first have power 1 - speed 1, then power 2 - speed 2
And in hero mode you have power 2 - speed 2 then you unlock power 2 - speed 3 if I'm right :p

I was surprised to see TheOnly0 instant skyward strike in the end of his hero mode, as I haven't finished mine atm (I can only play on week ends as my Wii is at my parents' -.-), thanks for the info.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »

All B items and their upgrades
All medals
8 pouches
All HC's and HP's
5 bottles
Hylian Shield
9900 wallet
Dowsing slots full

Let's all just settle on that and be done with it Tongue.

PS: I did not know that you needed the two HC medals to have 20 HC's... I thought they'd be 2 extras, making 22 total. In that case all medals is ibviously the way to go.. and I've had all HP's all this time thinking I had 8 more to find lol.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:41:26 PM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 05:48:35 PM »

I just collected all the Cubes, and it doesn't update what it says at all. Collecting the chests..

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.