ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% definition  (Read 60835 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:53:52 AM »

I've been curious how 100% would be defined in this game. These seem like a given for any 100%:

-All items
-All heart pieces/heart containers
-All main wallet upgrades/gratitude crystals

Then these all seem like they could feasibly be part of the definition to me:

-All primary item upgrades
-All medals
-All empty bottles
-All goddess cubes/goddess cube chests
-All pouch slots
-Beedle wallet upgrades
-Hylian Shield

My personal idea of 100% includes all of those, but it's obviously up for debate. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:56:33 AM by Paraxade » Logged
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:54:35 AM »

I also believe that the things you listed should be the 100% definition.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:56:45 AM »

oh i forgot hylian shield. added to the first post.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:57:10 AM »

I think:

-All 20 heart containers (via collecting all HP's and HC's)
-All B items with all upgrades applied
-Bomb bag, seed bag, quiver with max upgrades
-Largest wallet with the +900 upgrade
-All bottles
-Hylian Shield
-8 pouch slots

Maybe all medals but to me, they're only used to achieve to above things. They don't really allow Link to do/use anything new.

I strongly disagree with having to trigger and open all goddess cubes/chests. Some of them have 2 of the same medal, most of them are just rupees.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:15:49 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:12:10 AM »

6 pouch slots? why 6? that seems arbitrary when there's a total of 8...

20 heart containers is kinda weird to me because of the two heart medals... if you require the two heart medals do you also require all the other medals? or if you do require the two heart medals, do you just have to collect them, or do you also have to equip them? like i said, it's kinda weird. the one that makes the most sense to me is you have to collect it but you don't necessarily have to equip it (which is part of all medals).

i disagree with needing bomb bag/seed bag/quiver. those items are disposable, there's an infinite number of them, you can sell them at the item check... it just doesn't fit for me.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:14:31 AM »

I meant 8 pouches sry.

And by 20 heart containers I meant via HC and HP collecting only.

I see no reason at all not to buy and upgrade the seed bag, bomb bag, and quiver. They are upgradable and have always been in 100% runs in past Zelda's. Just because you can buy more than one, doesn't matter. You can have multiple of the same medal too. Sellability is not really relevent either imo.

I can dig why you'd want 1 of each medal, but all goddess cubes/chest gets a big thumbs down from me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:24:18 AM by aleckermit » Logged

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:33:48 AM »

i disagree with it because they're disposable items. if we're going to require buying and upgrading those then we need to require buying and upgrading the wooden/iron/sacred shields too, and that just seems dumb to me.

it's different imo in other zelda games where they're limited, permanent collectibles. similarly, the reason i was thinking all medals is because they're limited.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:05 AM »

The wooden, iron, and sacred shields are step-up items to the final Hylian Shield, so of course tehy are skipped.. just like the goron bracelet is skipped in OoT because there's a better final item that does the same thing.

The seed bag, bomb bag, and quiver do not lead to a better item. You buy them, upgrade them and they're are as good as they can be. They work exactly like past upgradable ammo-holders except that you can have more than one and you can sell them.

As for disposability, you can easily lose a tunic or shield in OoT after already getting them, but they're still required for 100%.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:51:01 AM by aleckermit » Logged

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 07:01:05 AM »

Final word: I'm happy with whatever definition that's decided as long as godess cubes/chests are not all required and that only 1 of each medal is needed.

EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »

Personally I mostly agree with Paraxade. Anything you can get an unlimited number of should not count (anything buyable at the bazaar, basically). That is the reason for not getting the other shields, not because they step-up into the Hylian Shield (they don't). I would say get all the medals too as they are a limited resource.

I do not agree with opening all the goddess chests. However we should hit all the cubes.

Someone should check if you can sell the Hylian Shield and then get it again from Lanayru. If so I would say it doesn't count either (though obviously we would want -a- shield for speed purposes).
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:24:41 AM »

I'd personally say that goddess cubes should be required in a 100% run.
Sure, some people hate activating them.
But getting all the cubes can be compared with getting all the skulltulas in OoT.
It'd just be stupid not to get them. They are a big part of the game.
Maybe not opening all the chests, but you should activate them in my opinion.

It'd also make routes and such more interesting, as we probably would end up finding tricks related to getting cubes faster, which I'm really looking forward too.

Heart container medals should also be required. I would never in my life accept a zelda file as 100% if two heart containers are missing. No matter what.

I am not to sure about collecting all medals though. Normally I'd say that it is required, since they are limited items that can't be sold to the bank, etc. which means that they are collectables. And I usually go by the rule that all collectables are required for a 100%.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:32:30 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »

What about dungeon maps? They are also limited items that can't be sold or disposed of. I myself don't think that it is needed in a 100% run but I wanted to mention it since it wasn't brought up yet.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »

What about dungeon maps? They are also limited items that can't be sold or disposed of. I myself don't think that it is needed in a 100% run but I wanted to mention it since it wasn't brought up yet.
That is actually a valid point.
You can skip about half of every dungeon by skipping the dungeon maps.
This is because in the first playthrough you "need" them to progress. They're actually helpful this time around.
I am not sure about adding them in 100% either. But sure, I'd actually say that we should get them, but I know that most people will be against this.
It is just that we skip so much of the dungeons by skipping the maps, and that just feels wrong to me.

However, most OoT players are used to skipping as much as possible, so I can understand if people do not want to collect maps and such.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »

Activating all cubes makes nooooo sense. We should only activate and open the chests that contain required items for 100%. If we decided to open them all, so much time would be spent just opening unneeded rupee chests, there's sooooo many rupees throughout the game in the overworld and in dungeons along the way to all destinations that we can get instead. We'll most likely be getting 50r from every boss fight when playing through boss battles for the heart piece and Hylian Shield alone (~650r total?).

I can agree on no ammo-carrying upgrades though, since the majority seems to agree with parax.

I still think 1 of each medal is the way to go. To me the game is giving you 2 routes to obtain the HC and rupee medal: If you have a lot of money you can buy them from beetle, if you want to go the more exploritory route you can find them in goddess chests. When I got both pairs of each finally, it felt redundant.

Absolutely no to maps IMO.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:42:48 PM by aleckermit » Logged

Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »

(hi, kinda new here, I wanted to register for some time but I didnt have anything to post :p)

I think one medal of each should be enough, but goddess cubes should all be activated, not necessarily open the goddess chests, just activate the damn cubes. Should not take a huge time since you visit every area where they are and you re visit them also. Unless some major skip glitch is found it's only a bit of time loss and more route planning, I think it would be more entertaining.

About maps, I see no point in getting all of them, it's just a help... It's like saying you'd need to finish the game with 5 bottles with healing potions ++ in them... Plus it could make a dungeon way longer if some glitch to skip a big chunk of it was to be found.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: