ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 04:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What recording equipment do you guys use??  (Read 6358 times)
Childlink9999
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »

I've heard DVD recorders are pretty good and I've tried capture cards and the quality was pretty bad, are there any specific DVD recorders you would recommend or any other type of recording equipment??
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:52:23 AM »

The DVD recorder I use is a Magnavox MWR 10D6.  Its worked great for a few years, but most people seem to be moving to capture cards like Dazzle DVC100, though you'll need splitters to play on your TV and record on your computer at the same time.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:01:31 AM »

if you're lucky, you can skip the splitter if you find a composite cable that has the s-video output too. those cables are rare.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Childlink9999
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »

Ah okay thanks yeah i'll get the capture card as it's alot cheaper lol
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:16:11 PM »

If you're just streaming or recording for fun, capture cards are the way to go. DVD recorders might be better if you're intending to submit a run to SDA, or something along those lines. Some capture cards tend to drop alot of frames, unless you've got a beefy computer.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Childlink9999
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »

Yeah i'm going for a serious run actually so unless there's a capture card up to SDA quality i'll get a DVD recorder... on that note kind of off topic but is there anything i need to do to prove it's not cheating or anything i.e prove it's not on an emulator??
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »

Usually it's very easy to tell if you're using an emulator, especially for N64 games. Cheating will usually be caught by the verifiers if there is any (there rarely is any).

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
DJS
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »

you probably got your answer already.
but, i use a easycap, running nate (of sda)'s custom made driver (& recording software) called norichan. then to stream it, i just screen caption in xsplit the preview window + crop the borders.

im a torch slug
TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:54:09 AM »

Just borrowing this thread a little...

Would you recommend a Dazzle or an EzCap? Is the lag too great so you have to use a splitter or is it fine to just go directly from console -> computer?

Also I have Win7 64 bit. It has to work with my system so any recommendations would be great..

Right now I'm also thinking about Hauppauge WinTV USB-Live2. Any experience with it?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:08:51 AM by TimpZ » Logged

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »

Easycap has some massive compatibility issues with win7 64 bit from my experience, and Dazzle is way better anyway, so I would say just go with Dazzle.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
DJS
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »

if you can just go with the dazzle.
as ing said, easycap does have some compatibility issues with windows 7 (i moved over from the custom driver to a original one, took me like 1 hour to find one that works.)
but if you use the custom driver "norichan", its really simple installation on any os.

but yeah, if you can go with the dazzle (im not sure which dazzle though, iirc dvc100 is the only good one)

im a torch slug
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: