ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:25:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Ocarina Codes  (Read 18630 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »

THANK YOU. This will make non-hero mode runs through the game a lot better.

Except normal mode never will be able to skip the cutscenes up to the first bird statue, unless you use the ocarina code.
So, a RTA can't make use of this code. And a segmented run would not play in normal mode.

Hero mode will always be the best category to speedrun, unless we find some serious sequence break that is exclusive to normal mode.

Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »

I wasn't talking about speedruns, I guess I shouldn't have used the word "run" Tongue.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 08:00:54 PM »

Would it be possible to upgrade the walk on air code so that you can increase/decrease your height while you're walking?
That'd be great! It would allow me to test some wrong warps easier, and it would make my life so much easier. Tongue

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 08:09:47 PM »

should we start a homebrew/gecko thread?

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 10:08:53 PM »

should we start a homebrew/gecko thread?

This IS that thread, lol.

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:48 AM »

Where's the no Fi code?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »

Where's the no Fi code?

No idea if it is supposed to be a joke or not. but:
That code may actually be easy to create if it works like I think it does.
When you loose your sword during the bokoblin base, Fi can't interact with you.
And at the beginning of the game, unless you have the skyward sword, she can't either.

I also think that I didn't unlock Fi when I got the skyward sword early with the clip code. (Unless Fi follows you into the room with the sword, you won't unlock her.) Which would mean that the flag for Fi is stored separately.
I can't remember if it still triggered the Fi conversations when you enter triggers, but I do not think it did.

So maybe there's just a flag that checks whether or not you've unlocked Fi. If that's the case, it should be cake for them to create a code that permanently removes Fi.

Also, when you're in a silent realm it temporarily disables Fi, but you still technically have the Sword, it is just disabled.

A code to skip Fi conversations would be fun. I wonder what stuff would be skipped if you didn't have her.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:39:38 AM by CloudMax » Logged

TheOthin
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »

Wait, Fi won't appear if you get the Goddess Sword the wrong way? Have you tried playing past that point as normal afterwards? Does she stay gone if you do?

If so, and we can find a way to get this for real, it would solve a lot of issues.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:57:45 AM by TheOthin » Logged
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 06:51:09 PM »

Here's a video demonstration of all the codes I made if anyone cares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDkCl7UAxUY
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:20:14 PM by THENINTENDOLUMINARY » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »

How does the game-breaking bug fix work? Does it just activate the flame sequences?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »

THENINTENDOLUMINARY, This should be possible, but I suspect that it can be quite a tricky task.
Would you possibly be able to create a code that somehow allows us to see our current XYZ coordinates on the screen?
There is codes to store coordinates for warping and such, but we're obviously not able to see them.

Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »

THENINTENDOLUMINARY, This should be possible, but I suspect that it can be quite a tricky task.
Would you possibly be able to create a code that somehow allows us to see our current XYZ coordinates on the screen?
There is codes to store coordinates for warping and such, but we're obviously not able to see them.

That would be very nice, we could at least tell us if BiTWW copies the coordinates or some sort of math that is related to it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: