ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:38:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious Treasure Chest in Fire Dragon's Room  (Read 19628 times)
Matt23488
Regular Guay

Meh

Email
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:53:19 AM »

So I found this treasure chest while glitch hunting using Ocarina cheats, and it is unopenable with the current cheats, since the ground isn't solid. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyQhqanjG8M

Parax said that thenintendoluminary could possibly create a "walk on air" ocarina cheat. If you could, that would be great. Obviously this chest will never be openable in a normal game (at least it seems that way), but I think all of us are curious as to what it contains.

swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:58:57 AM »

lol thats mad

im really curious now.
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »

Wow that is great! Maybe it contains some great item like odd mushroom in oot Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »

Wow that is great! Maybe it contains some great item like odd mushroom in oot Smiley

Maybe it contains a fishing rod!
RBA, here we come!
lol

But seriously, I really want to know what that chest contains now.. If it is possible to open it that is.

EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:35:19 AM »

wow that is sick. i'm so curious...
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 06:55:45 AM »

I have a few ideas for how to hack such a code, It'll try tomorrow 
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 08:15:54 AM »

I have a few ideas for how to hack such a code, It'll try tomorrow  

You have to be the most awesome hacker I've ever met.
Most people I know do not really do things on request, they just do what they feel like. :p

This is a request for you:
Could you make a code so that you can skip all cutscenes? Even on a blank file. So you just start up a new file and it lets you skip all the cutscenes.
You should note that it isn't hero mode that gives you the ability to skip all cutscenes.
You can skip all the cutscenes because you've seen them before on the same file slot when you first played through the game in normal mode.
(Which means that the code that turns your save into a hero file won'r let you skip cutscenes).
If you could create such a hack, that would be great!

I have a feeling that it could be quite a big task though.

Also, could you possible create a code that permanently unlocks the bomb bag, and only the bomb bag?
The same goes for the harp. I want a code that unlocks it. I know that having the harp probably wont let you progress in the game, it is the actual cutscene that gives you the harp that lets you progress, but that doesn't matter!

There is a code for Gust Bellows\Beetle\SlingShot. These are all items you get up until the harp. All items except for bombs & harp that is.
This has annoyed me for a while, because sometimes when I go to for example AC to test stuff, I do it on a brand new file. But I do not have a code available that gives me the items that you should have at that point, which makes my videos look suspicious. People may start to question me why I do not have the proper items.

And this should be very easy for you: Create a code that makes it so that I always have 9 bombs. It is like the infinite bombs hack, except you have 9 bombs instead of 99. This is way better, because if you always have 9 bombs, you're able to put bombs in your bag (because it isn't full). When you have 99 bombs you've reached the limit, and the game prevents you from putting them away, which is very annoying. Tongue

I bet I could even do it myself by just changing the HEX value in the current infinite bomb code, but I personally think it would be a better idea to have it available in the official geckocodes list.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:12:54 AM by CloudMax » Logged

THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »

walk on air toggle 1+2
28599D0C 00000300
0433F9EC 4BFE7945
CC000000 00000001
0433F9EC 60000000
E0000000 80008000
off by default
I updated the walk through walls code to include this as well

There's another harp in the chest

cutscene skip sounds like it'd be easy but I could be wrong

I can't just change a value and submit it to geckocodes as a new code but this'll do what you want

00955EC6 00000004
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:26:29 PM by THENINTENDOLUMINARY » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »

There's another harp in the chest

cutscene skip sounds like it'd be easy but I could be wrong

Ehhh o.0
Harp.. in the chest.. what the heck.. T___T'

That was the last item I expected to find in the chest.
Oh well.

And I really hope you get the cutscene skip code to work. =3

penduin
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »

Do you suppose there's a hidden harp-containing chest in each of the rooms where Link learns a new song?

It makes a bit of sense in that the same you-got-an-item scene gets triggered.  Why would that require the presence of an actual treasure chest?  Well, perhaps that animation, sparkle, and fanfare get loaded when entering any room containing that treasure chest object type, and it's just a shortcut the developers took so that when the level designers put rooms together, there would be no need to go back through and manually set up lists of which assets to load or free for each room.

None of this is much help for speed-running, but now I'm curious.  Has anyone looked for or found similar impossible treasure chests in the other places where songs or song fragments are learned?
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 09:14:32 PM »

If I'm not mistaken (and I might be, because I just finished recollecting all my items, haven't visited the dragon yet) that's right after recollecting your items. Maybe originally you lost your harp also, and the dragon would give it back to you, and teach you part of the song.
Hitaka
Regular Guay

Phoenix

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »

What does it say when you open the chest? Is it the "You got the harp, no time to admire it" from when you get it originally?

Life itself is that which is eternal.
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »

There's a textbox with no text
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 02:16:38 AM »

The walk on air code is incredibly useful, but if you're walking around out of bounds and fall down you get stuck infinite falling. Any idea how to fix that? :x Sorry for all the requests lol.
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:30:06 AM »

I've been trying to fix it ever since I made the code, I'm trying to make it so you can hold a button to land on nothing while falling

for now just don't toggle it off or stop holding left when your over a void
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: