ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:42:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyward Sword game breaking glitch  (Read 11678 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« on: November 28, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »

some people at NeoGAF have encountered a game breaking bug in SS.
here's a quote from the thread other there:

It's been discussed once on our forums when someone encountered the bug, but now it seems to spread pretty much everywhere. There is a game breaking bug in Skyward Sword that causes the game to not trigger an event during the Song of the Hero quest, which prevents you from finishing the game and forces you to start anew.

The bug can occur with either the Faron or Eldin part of the quests. If you do the Thunder Dragon first, there is a chance the events at the Sealed Grounds and Eldin Volcano won't trigger at all.

It's unclear why the issue occurs, and the only knows prerequisite is that you do the Thunder Dragon at Lanayru first.

It might not be a bug that occurs 100% of the time. But it's pretty late in the game (almost at the end) and it sucks to have to restart a new game after 25-30 hours. I tried to reproduced the bug myself using a backup save file but it didn't occurred.

If you encountered the bug and have any info, please share them.

so, basically, nintendo was so focused on stopping Sequece Breaks that they let a nasty bug that actually affects casual players past the final testing phase and now people are going to shit bricks in the last segments of the game until the cause of the glitch is found.

it would be good if someone here encountered the glitch and found a way to solve it. SBing solved the cannon glitch in TP after all.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:01:43 AM »

I found this yesterday and we've discussed it over IRC a little.

To me it seems like it's a very real possibility due to the fact that the game logic gets a bit complex at that point in the game. Basically, you can pick which part of the song you want to tackle but once you start a segment, you're blocked off from starting the other segments until you complete it.

I've already asked a guy for a stuck save, hoping to hear back from him soon.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:08:26 AM »

I came up with the idea it has something to do with the timeshift stone. Msot of us who didn't experience the problem either didn't do lanayru first or 2nd (i have done it first twice but with no issue) and probably just left after reviving him. I thought that, if you do him first, the 'objective'/requirement of that song piece is reviving lanayru. So i believe it's possible that, if you revive him and get the piece of the song, but then for some reason, hit the timeshift stone in to the present (where lanayru no longer exists) it prevents Eldin/Faron scenes from beginning.

people who complete lanayru last will not experience this issue due to the last trigger of this portion being Impa recognising the master sword.

However, if the objective of Lanayru's piece is indeed 'revive him' then the game may not recognise the piece as complete if you leave while he is dead.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:21:57 AM »

^ That seems like something that would've affected far more people. Plus it seems like it'd have such a simple fix (go hit the timeshift stone). It's probably something else... not a bad theory though.
swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 05:30:17 AM »

You are probably right, but you never know. How many people completed Lanayru first or second, and how many people also hit the timeshift stone after reviving him? It just doesn't seem like something anybody would do, there is no purpose in hitting it again.

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »

the cause of the glitch has been found

it was the goron that is just before lanayru gorge. don't talk to golo and you should be safe in a playthough or a speedrun.

GORON MASK LOL

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2