ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:38:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest version for speedrunning?  (Read 12487 times)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« on: November 27, 2011, 12:43:42 AM »

Yo, I'm thinking of maybe running this game and I'd like to know what the fastest version is for speedrunning. Is it the GBA version or the SNES one? It seems like it's GBA, considering that GBA seems a lot more broken, but I'd like to get confirmation on that.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »

SNES or VC are the fastest.
You can finish the game in something like 5min.
On GBA I got 35min or so, because the glitch to get under the map can only be done after you get palms.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »

Sorry, I should have specified. I'm talking about without OOB (the definition of a run without 5 minute glitch).

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »

Japanese SNES 1.0 is confirmed fastest Ing, apart from that I THINK the fastest version is GBA but I'm not sure on that.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 02:43:20 AM »

SNES version is faster, GBA may have fast text, but it also has the HORRENDUS intro. And anything like Death Mountain Descent, or well, ANY trick that goes in a place not meant to be is oob. It's not like 3d oob. Kryssstal knows the most about ALTTP afaik though. JP 1.0 is ideal.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 03:32:56 AM »

Actually, you CAN skip the intro by starting a new game on a file you've already completed.

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 08:25:45 PM »

Well the text for getting your sword from your uncle (? I havent played i in forever) is super slow too while he's dying. They felt the need to.. accentuate it :V
There might be other text like that, but that's one instance I know where it's a couple seconds slower

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 07:34:04 AM »

The text is faster in general in the whole game for the GBA version. That saves a couple of minutes for sure.
There are some other downsides with the GBA version however. You can't run into puts with the Master Sword, as that will break them, so the timesaver in Ganon's Tower before the Big Key can't be done.

I haven't really cared to time how much they differ, considering I don't like the GBA version at all.

May the Triforce be with you.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »

You can't run into pots with the Golden Sword, as that will break them, so the timesaver in Ganon's Tower before the Big Key can't be done.

fixed

Crystal texts on GBA version is much faster (but ING knows that from the private IRC chat).

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Tompa
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 06:25:32 AM »

Oh, sorry Greeny. I guess I haven't played the GBA version in too long. Good thing there's always an expert around!

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »

No difference between PAL and NTSC-U then?

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Tompa
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »

NTSC is obviously faster than PAL, but that wasn't what the discussion was about afterall.
For the GBA version however, I'm not certain if the US or the EU version is faster, or if there are even differences in the two. Greenalink probably knows more about that.

TimpZ
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »

Idk... are you saying my PAL SNES also runs at 50Hz while american SNES:s run at 60Hz? I presume there's some region-specific glitches too then?

I hate PAL...

But when did "version" and "region" become separate things? I thought PAL-games were different versions of NTSC-games or the other way around.

Why does adult Link have an earring?
Quote from: CinnabonChan
Because Rauru's a pervert. Leave a priest alone with a young boy in a seven year coma, who gradually grows into a handsome young man?

Yeah, that will end well. I'm pretty sure Rauru has a stack of kinky outfits he dressed Link in
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: