ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:11:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Boss Battles and Silent Realm Time Trials  (Read 83539 times)
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:04 AM »

I improved a couple things while visiting my sisters (they wanted me to show off), no vids though, I need to re-improve all these ones anyway:

Ghirahim (2) 17:16 (still not best strat!)
Imprisoned (1) 1:00:39
Demise 27:49

I wouldn't bother with these for the rankings you guys keep on this site, just consider (the first one anyway) the new time to beat.

With regards to Ghirahim (1), sub 8 should be feasable, in the video above, the attacks used in phase 2 weren't optimal (too many spins!), also in another mid decimal 8 run (by Sirhu) more time can be saved by jumping/running towards him right before the mid battle cutscene.

I also want to improve my Horde Battle, it looks kind of atrocious in hindsight.

Won't have a chance to until the new year though, my sisters begged to borrow my game for awhile. Gives all you guys a chance to catch up a bit!
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »

I've been trying something completely ridiculous with Imprisoned 1. I think it MIGHT be doable, and it would save a bit, but my skills can't compete with the times you guys get. Thus, even if I managed, I couldn't really tell if it was faster

The thing I've tried is that after the second set of hits, you jump back to the center of the Sealed Grounds, and use the middle hole to fly all the way up to the air, (With that steamhole, you can then steer your falling) and try to fall on the head of the Imprisoned just at the cutscene where the sealing spike rises up from his head again.

The issue is that it would require timing and your placing before the cutscene to be nigh perfect. So far I've alway just missed the head, and I'm not even sure if the game allows this. An alternative is to fall around the area you would normally run to, and jump from there at a decent timing.

If it would allow it, you ould basically get to start right beside the sealing spike, and then hit it down thrice, saving a seond or two.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »

Just for the record, Moldarach takes exactly the same number of hits in LMF as in boss rush.

edit: The Imprisoned 1 - 0:55.59
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:08:55 PM by Paraxade » Logged
Xelna
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »

Faron Silent Realm 2:01.26 lost like 0.75 this is getting pretty close.
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2012, 11:25:12 PM »

There is another strategy to beat imprisioned(1), which involves using the central jet stream to land directly on him between phases. Its not any faster but looks cooler IMO.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
Hakutri
Deku Scrub

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 04:58:23 AM »

During the Imprisoned(2) if you choose to go for feet then you can leave his back heel for last, strike it twice to weaken it, then when you are sufficiently behind him finish the heel off with an arrow and when he falls down his head will be by you, skipping having to otherwise run around his body.
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »

During the Imprisoned(2) if you choose to go for feet then you can leave his back heel for last, strike it twice to weaken it, then when you are sufficiently behind him finish the heel off with an arrow and when he falls down his head will be by you, skipping having to otherwise run around his body.

You can actually outright kill each toe with a single charged shot from an arrow. There's possibly a faster strat in there than the one I used for 1:08, can't really test it now, my game is still out on a loaner. My thoughts regarding this are, phase 1- as is (deliberately slow, skipping ledge grab), but try and be thrown off to the front of him (rare), phase 2- use nunchuk c charged arrows to kill all the front toes, run between his legs to the rear, use arrows to kill final toes; phase 3- Groose shenanigans. Actually, the way the outlined method is playing inside my head at this moment might push sub 1 minute depending on how everything lines up position wise in phase 3. Won't be faster outside of the boss rush, since you'll have an extra cutscene when he falls from lack of feet, and a longer one after phase 2 as he gets up and prepares to slither for awhile.

I'm also now thinking Imp3 might be faster with arrows in phase 1, mainly since you'd be in better position to run for the spike in phase 2, this also needs testing I can't do right now, and also won't be faster in a full run due to extra cutscene of him falling/longer one where he has to get up before starting to fly.

Also recently had an idea with Koloktos where (in phase 2) on the final hit of a greatsword combo you also detonate a bomb which, if both the last hit and the damage from the bomb can both count, is enough to skip the last repeat of the motions (since you only need one greatsword hit the final time for the kill (3-3-1)).
Emperor91
Deku Scrub

Speedrunner and high-score player

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

Ghirahim(1) - 8.29

My best first phase is 3.23, gotten sub 3.30 several times. Miles have better last hit, I have never successed do it that fastly unfortunately, otherwise I might be able to get sub 8 seconds  Wink

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:44 PM »

On Imprisoned 3, after you hit him with the groosenator in the second cycle the cutscene warps you so your position doesn't matter.
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2012, 05:47:09 PM »

On Imprisoned 3, after you hit him with the groosenator in the second cycle the cutscene warps you so your position doesn't matter.

Right.

Alternate idea: use the large geyser in phase 2, possibly preserving the unused bomb for phase 3.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2012, 07:15:14 PM »

Pretty sure Groose never has a bomb in cycle 3 whether you use the cycle 2 one or not. Imprisoned 3 is a pretty heavily scripted fight. :/
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2012, 04:35:55 AM »

Finally got my game back...

Some new ones:

Ghirahim (1) 8:06 (gunning for under 8, I've already ruined a few sub 8 pace runs. was 3:33 at cutscene here, I have had 3:16 a few times. Also, accidental vertical spin.)
Ghirahim (2) 16:43 (too much luck involved, but 13:xx is possible)
Imprisoned (3) 59:39 (used para's new strat. Sucked balls at the spikes but ehh new best)

All 3 are improvable, so no vids for now. I have 8:06 on video, if I eventually fail and subsequently give up at 7:xx I'll upload that.

EDIT:  Link to 8:06. My first combo in phase two was awful, and phase 1 was 2 time units off my consistent best. 7:7x sounds reasonable for a max on this guy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:12:44 PM by Jackimus » Logged
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 06:57:31 AM »

^ Just so you know, I have 57.09 imprisoned 3. I think I have lower as well (55?) but that's the only time I know for sure I got... I'll check my save and see if I bothered saving any times Tongue
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:06 AM »

Ghirahim (2) 14:06

Nearly perfect fight.

Yeah para, if you happen to know what the time to beat on imprisoned 3 is that'd be great for when I attempt him seriously.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2012, 08:21:11 AM »

Yeah, I checked and I don't have it saved. My apologies :/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: