ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:29:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Boss Battles and Silent Realm Time Trials  (Read 83491 times)
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 05:40:09 AM »

Horde Battle 1:23:93

Someone on youtube tipped me off that you can jump over the barrier in Horde Battle where 3 moblins spawn. Well, I did him one better and jumped off the edge (you land right by the Stalfos). The run is obviously not perfect, but when you're ignoring hundreds of very pissed off bokoblins, you take what you can get.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 04:13:42 AM »

Jackimus, how the hell do you hit Scaldera's eye without stunning him with bombs? I can do it but it just doesn't work half the time and I cannot figure out why. I need to figure out a strat for my test run.
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 05:04:28 AM »

Already you need to stand at a fairly specific angle and time the overhead swing just so- in terms of distance and as he comes down for the chomp. It also might not work without the Master Sword, the much shorter Goddess blade may not reach. Try jump-attacks? overhand spin attack? Also, I'm 99% positive the eye doesn't exist until you've fed him at least one bomb.

Also,

Ghirahim (3) 44:89

Really happy with this one, although I missed a jump at the way beginning of the fight.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 05:09:57 AM »

It works fine with the goddess sword, you can use a skyward strike instead of a direct sword hit. it just plain doesn't hit half the time :/ It hits the rock and breaks without hitting him, even if it hits right on the eye. It's really confusing.
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 05:24:38 AM »

hmm, maybe the skyward strike has a tighter window of availability that flat out swinging the sword? I'm not sure what to tell you honestly, outside of it being an admittedly tough move to pull off consistently. My boy's just about at that guy on his save file, I can try messing around with it there and see if I can find any timing trick or something to help you nail it with more frequency. Obviously, it doesn't help matters that him dousing his flames seems to happen at a randomly determined interval.

Oh, speaking of that, since I forgot to mention it last post, that may be it. You can't strike the eye while he's on fire. I hope the solution to your difficulty is this simple.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2011, 05:27:44 AM »

It's not, I noticed already you can't hit the eye when its on fire.

I did figure out a couple things... namely, skyward strikes seem to do way more damage than normal goddess sword swings. also, you can drop a bomb in front of him so the skyward strike hits the bomb before it hits him which stuns him again and makes him immediately try to suck on another bomb... seems like it might be helpful for the second phase
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »

strikes doing more makes sense since you start with full strike in hero mode.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »

Jackimus, I worked it out and finished the scaldera segment, so don't worry about it.
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »

Oh yeah, can't believe I haven't linked this...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/61263712

(enemy HP table and damage values)

There are some mild inaccuracies, but for the most part it's quite solid. Helpful for planning attack combos and such, I know I made use of this in several fights (in others though, number of hits is what matters, not damage so this is useless).

For example, you can see that in Hero Mode a skyward strike will do as much damage to Scaldera as attack to spin. I know you have a reasonable amount of time to get some hits in, so you probably should be able to charge skyward strikes and use those while he's stunned too. I can't confirm anything with the skyward spin, but if that gets a damage boost too, you can (in theory) kill him almost as fast as you could in the boss rush.
Tamis
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 05:19:22 PM »

So according to this :

Moldarach (Fight #1, Head): 16 HP
Goddess Sword (Skyward Strike, Hero Mode): 16 damage

You could insta kill moldarach's eye with a skyward strike ?
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure Moldarach always takes the same number of hits regardless of the sword you're using so he's probably wrong there. can't be 100% for sure though
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »

That's one of the inaccuracies, moldarach is hits, and not damage (5,7, and 4, every time). I COULD BE WRONG I GUESS, if they gave him different rules in the storyline fights, but it's definitely hits in the time trials, try using spins on his claws and you'll see what I mean.

Also something is seriously messed with the HP values that guy gave to Koloktos, because the Master sword absolutely does not do as much damage as a Koloktos great sword (bombs do however, though I have not made use of this in a useful fashion to date). Phase 1 number is also seemingly way off.
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »

Imprisoned (2) 1:08:89

This is another good strat, which is probably ideal for a full run, since it skips him grabbing the ledge (cutscene) and the 1st dialog with Groose is shorter as well. Though, I imagine the timing in phase 1 will be much trickier without the clock on-screen. (Jump right after 23 secs, swing first time right after 25 secs).
Jackimus
Regular Guay

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

Random observation: Only .x3, .x6 and .x9 seem to be possible decimals.
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »

Here is Ghirahim 1 in 8.39 by Miles
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdlzsBbDbCY

May the Triforce be with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: