ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:19:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Boss Battles and Silent Realm Time Trials  (Read 83498 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« on: November 16, 2011, 06:19:20 AM »

So this game has boss battles mode like OoT 3D, found in Lanayru Gorge by talking to the thunder dragon after healing him.  It's a bit more annoying than OoT 3D though because you can't quit in the middle without dying and there's a lot of text before each battle.  There's also time trials for the silent realm tears.  Post your best times for any of them here.

Mine:
Ghirahim (1) - 29.96
Scaldera - 1:22.13
Moldarach - 1:13.23
The Imprisoned (1) - 1:38.96
Koloktos - 2:36.96
Tentalus - 3:28.99
Ghirahim (2) - 1:44.76
The Imprisoned (2) - 2:05.73
The Imprisoned (3) - 1:18.73
Horde Battle - 3:03.56
Ghirahim (3) 2:47.76

Faron Woods Silent Realm - 4:42.03
Eldin Volcano Silent Realm -
Lanayru Desert Silent Realm -
Skyloft Silent Realm -

We'll probably get a leaderboard up soon.  So post your best times!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:27:28 AM by mzxrules » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »

Sweet. I've played against a few bosses when I attempted to get hylian shield (I failed), I'll get my times up when I get home from school!
I can see that I've beaten your time on at least 2 bosses. (I've only played against 6 of the bosses so far)

And silent realm is awesome. I do not see why so many hate it. When I streamed people were like "ohh, I'm happy I'm not the one playing now" as soon as I reached a trial. :p

Also, in the hero trial you get to play against the last boss aswell, right? I've not completed the game on hero yet, so I'm not sure. (I've mainly focused on getting 100% on my first save. I miss 4 heart pieces (or 1 medal) and 10(?) "starbits").

Edit:
I just came home, did a run to get hylian shield and here is my records for the bosses I played against, most of them were first try:
Ghirahim (1) - 34.?? (I did not read the entire time before continuing, but it is bad anyways, so I'll try to improve it)
Scaldera - 37.29
Koloktos - 2:34.06
Molderach - 1:14.79
Tentalus - 2:45.33
Ghirahim (2) - 1:17.93
The Imprisoned (1) - 2:00.13
The Imprisoned (2) - 2:12.46

I'll update with more times later.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:59:47 PM by CloudMax » Logged

EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »

I love the Silent Realm, it gets a lot of undeserved flak imo. As a plot device I think it's pretty weak, but the actual task itself is quite fun, I'm glad it made it in as a time trial.
Btw, you don't get to play the final boss in the hero trial. However that might not be the case on a ng+ file, who knows.

Anyway, might as well post my times. Battles aren't optimised at all, just did a runthrough now for the sake of checking the times (please let me know if you can check them without actually entering the battles srsly). Silent Realm ones are a little practiced.

Ghirahim 1 - 0:23.16
Scaldera - 0:42.06
Moldarach - 1:20.59
The Imprisoned 1 - 2:00.29
Koloktos - 3:15.03
Tentalus - 3:42.96
Ghirahim 2 - 0:57.93
The Imprisoned 2 - 3:40.79
The Imprisoned 3 - 2:59.99
Horde Battle - 3:09.43
Ghirahim 3 - 2:54.79

Faron Realm - 2:44.73
Eldin Realm - 5:10.96
Lanayru Realm - 3:05.49
Skyloft Realm - 3:44.26

I would like to get into running this game. However for the time being I'm learning OOT for a marathon. I should post around here more, though. x_x

edit: updated lanayru realm
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:31:39 AM by EA » Logged
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »

there should be a note somewhere stating that hero mode erases your savefile and you need to backup it before beating the game if you intend to play more of that file. (guess who fell for it?)

btw, i just noticed the boss that was possesing the flying fish is absent. they should have included that guy instead of 3 Ghirahim battles.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:48:17 PM by UchihaSasuke » Logged

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 01:41:46 PM »

there should be a note somewhere stating that hero mode erases your savefile and you need to backup it before beating the game if you intend to play more of that file. (guess who fell for it?)

It does tell you that you will overwrite your file and start all over if you choose to play in hero mode.
I had to say no when they asked if I wanted to start hero mode, then copy my file, and then beat the boss again so that I could start hero mode and keep my original file.

Ghirahim (1) - 18.09
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:10:38 PM by CloudMax » Logged

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

still, it is done in a kinda dick move. they should have done like Wind Waker where the game lets you save to a different slot.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »

still, it is done in a kinda dick move. they should have done like Wind Waker where the game lets you save to a different slot.

Yes, nintendo were stupid this time. They did many stupid things in this game. (that isn't related to the actual gameplay).
For example: Defeat ghirahim in boss battle.
You want to play against ghirahim again.
You'll have to go through over 1 minute of conversation with the thunder dragon just to reset.

And I ask myself, why the HELL did they design it that way?
The thunder dragon ask you useless questions, tell you useless things, and not to mention that navigating in the menu is just generally slow.
It is so damn slow that I even requested some kind of code to decrease the amount of time it takes to start a boss battle over at the wiird forums, where they create "cheat codes".

And why didn't they make the game so that when you've seen a cutscene once on your console, you're able to skip it on any save file, including a standard one. This would force you to watch them once. That should be enough.

These are some things that doesn't affect gameplay, but it just slows everything down, and they could've done something to prevent it.

Ghirahim (1) - 16.59
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:07:35 PM by CloudMax » Logged

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »

worse is that they did better with OoT 3D.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »

Final boss - 47.49 (this fight is only possible on hero mode)

Edit: Faron tears in 2:10.33
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:47:08 AM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »

Tentalus - 2:19.16
I used the trick I found earlier where you jump down into the water to skip the snake sequence of the boss. (Time it right and you save a lot of time)

EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 09:51:17 AM »

Lanayru Realm in 3:05.49
Not convinced both vines are faster than the slope when climbing the center, but it does look faster on the map. :/
Burning Death
Deku Scrub

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »

I don't know if I should post it here or in tricks & discovery...I'll do it here Wink: You can use potions before talking to the Thunder Dragon and you will still have the effect of the potions while in battle!

For example the horde battle will get so much easier and faster this way...just "run & gun" down while you have stamina+ and guardian+ potions active, got 2:3x on Hero Mode Roll Eyes. This fight was my main problem in the boss rush on Hero Mode, btw not worth the playthrough after all, you'll only get 9,900 rupees after defeating all 12 bosses, though. If you drink the potions, while having a potion medal in your inventory the effect will last 9 minutes, about 5 fights invulnerability.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:29:50 PM by Burning Death » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 09:29:14 PM »

I don't know if I should post it here or in tricks & discovery...I'll do it here Wink: You can use potions before talking to the Thunder Dragon and you will still have the effect of the potions while in battle!

For example the horde battle will get so much easier and faster this way...just "run & gun" down while you have stamina+ and guardian+ potions active, got 2:3x on Hero Mode Roll Eyes. This fight was my main problem in the boss rush on Hero Mode, btw not worth the playthrough after all, you'll only get 9,900 rupees after defeating all 12 bosses, though. If you drink the potions, while having a potion medal in your inventory the effect will last 9 minutes, about 5 fights invulnerability.

wtf... Doesn't that mean stamina potion in silent realm? That is like cheating. Almost feels like timestop in OoT3D, lol.
I hate it when such things happen.
This will make the silent realm A LOT less interesting. The stamina is one of the key features of the silent realms.

Potions in boss battle is useless though (except for stamina), since you're not supposed to get hurt, lol.

Scaldera - 0:35.79
Koloktos - 2:34.06
Moldarach - 1:14.79
Tentalus - 2:19.16
Ghirahim (1) - 0:16.59
Ghirahim (2) - 0:49.43
Ghirahim (3) - 1:25.93
The Imprisoned (1) - 1:54.79
The Imprisoned (2) - 2:12.46
The Imprisoned (3) - 1:29.13
Horde Battle -
Final Boss -

Faron Realm - 2:33.66
Eldin Realm -
Lanayru Realm -
Skyloft Realm - 2:46.46 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREkE-fO2FA

Everything without the use of stupid potions...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:27:38 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Burning Death
Deku Scrub

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 11:35:06 PM »

Calm down! Just works for the battles, not silent realms Wink.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »

Calm down! Just works for the battles, not silent realms Wink.
Thank god. :|
I got scared like hell for a minute.
Good thing is that potions is almost useless in boss battle, unless those where you gain time on running a lot. (like the imprisoned).

_____

I wrote a silent realm tips guide earlier today, and noticed one key feature that not even I used: Run on water. This opened up a lot of different possibilities.
So I did some testing on the skyloft silent realm and came up with 2 improvements for the route, one which changed things around quite a bit.
I ended up getting 2:42 and 2:41 for each of the 2 new routes I found. The 2:41 time included me falling into the void once, which doesn't really help.
I didn't use the timesaver I found earlier, as it were test runs.
I should be able to get somewhere around 2:30! =)

Skyloft Realm: 2:41.19

Skyloft Realm: 2:39.26 http://www.twitch.tv/cloudmax94/b/300666778

_____

I requested Skyward sword over at Cyberscore. (boss battles, silent realm, clean cut & pumpkin pull) for those who have an account over there. Here is a link to the game: http://cyberscore.me.uk/game-tloz-ss.php.
At least that will give us some place to show our times/scores until we fix it here on ZSR. And it may cause others to join the competition. :p

Someone should really add SS to ZSR. I could help creating pages for it (the sequence break, including all 3 methods. Clawshot clip. Alecs timesaver in the fire dungeon. My timesaver in the skyloft silent realm trial. etc.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:50:31 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: