ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 444217 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »

Ok so I think it's possible to skip the Isle of Songs puzzle with moving the platforms around.

Land on the platform and then push the center structure once, then jump off, call your loftwing, and fly to the left. You'll be able to land on the outermost platform as it circles the island (clipping the fence) and stand at the edge right as it passes by the crawlspace, which you should be able to enter with a roll. The problem is the platform moves so damn fast and the hole is so small that the timing has to be basically perfect to pull it off. If anyone can do it be my guest, just keep in mind I spent several hours straight on this and couldn't get it.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2011, 10:41:24 AM »

Ok so I think it's possible to skip the Isle of Songs puzzle with moving the platforms around.

Land on the platform and then push the center structure once, then jump off, call your loftwing, and fly to the left. You'll be able to land on the outermost platform as it circles the island (clipping the fence) and stand at the edge right as it passes by the crawlspace, which you should be able to enter with a roll. The problem is the platform moves so damn fast and the hole is so small that the timing has to be basically perfect to pull it off. If anyone can do it be my guest, just keep in mind I spent several hours straight on this and couldn't get it.

This would be so hard, there's no point in even doing it in a single segment.
Imagine having to do that every time you go there, lol!

And in the long run, I'm not even sure if you gain any time, because the puzzle is very easy and you solve it quite fast.
It should be faster to solve it once than having to pull some other trick off everytime you visit the place, don't you agree?

____

A very small timesaver in LMF. It was actually the first trick I found yesterday, but I decided not to make a video of off it for some reason.
In the room with the gust bellows when you jump between the platforms, the distance makes it so that you grab the ledge between every platform, which takes quite some time.

If you perform a manual jump and then time your jumpslash, you will land on the next platform without grabbing the ledges. If you do it on just 1 platform it barely saves any time at all, but if you use it throughout the entire room it should save a couple of seconds. It is better than nothing.
Maybe I'll make a short YT video just to demonstrate it. It's nothing major, but it is useful & easy, so why not make use of it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:07:44 AM by CloudMax » Logged

swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »

When I was watching this, I started thinking. You remember how somebody was standing on the pillar to the right of the waterfal trying to clip out of bounds and was then told water does not extend OoB too far in skyward sword? Maybe stand on the pillar to the right, toss a bomb on to the ledge next to the waterfall (if it reaches) and try that?

It's not much, but should shoot your bombs with the slingshot more. It would've made blowing up the rocks in that crawlspace timesaver few seconds faster. I'm sure I'll hear a, 'yeah we know, we just didnt do it for the sake of example or w/e though' Tongue
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:12:22 PM by swordsaint » Logged
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »

A very small timesaver in LMF. It was actually the first trick I found yesterday, but I decided not to make a video of off it for some reason.
In the room with the gust bellows when you jump between the platforms, the distance makes it so that you grab the ledge between every platform, which takes quite some time.

If you perform a manual jump and then time your jumpslash, you will land on the next platform without grabbing the ledges. If you do it on just 1 platform it barely saves any time at all, but if you use it throughout the entire room it should save a couple of seconds. It is better than nothing.
Maybe I'll make a short YT video just to demonstrate it. It's nothing major, but it is useful & easy, so why not make use of it.

This is true like, everywhere. Pretty much anywhere that an autojump results in Link having to climb up a bit, this works. The only place I can think of off the top of my head is jumping across the short gaps near the bird statue at Lanayru Gorge (probably since I was just there and it's fresh on my mind), but it's present pretty much everywhere in the whole game.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

I mentioned the manual jump JS in the irc a few days ago but its not really that much of a timesaver.  In most cases the time you take to set it up, even if its barely anything at all, can cancel out the time it takes to jump climb up because climbing up isn't very slow itself.

Something I forgot to mention last night - in LMF, save at the bird statue near the boss door before doing the standing on mine cart trick, then deathwarp back after the boss key.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2011, 06:48:56 PM »

When I was watching this, I started thinking. You remember how somebody was standing on the pillar to the right of the waterfal trying to clip out of bounds and was then told water does not extend OoB too far in skyward sword? Maybe stand on the pillar to the right, toss a bomb on to the ledge next to the waterfall (if it reaches) and try that?

You can't pull out bombs on that ledge.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2011, 06:59:58 PM »

Something I forgot to mention last night - in LMF, save at the bird statue near the boss door before doing the standing on mine cart trick, then deathwarp back after the boss key.
I've already said that a few times in the IRC, and I mentioned it in my big post with the 2 tricks & the 2 deathwarps. =)
It is a decent timesaver.

I were going to record it, but I failed to deathwarp (I ran out of bombs when I had 1 heart left), so I never did.

I mentioned the manual jump JS in the irc a few days ago but its not really that much of a timesaver.  In most cases the time you take to set it up, even if its barely anything at all, can cancel out the time it takes to jump climb up because climbing up isn't very slow itself.
That is true.
The thing is that in the gust bellows room, you do it like 6-7 times in a row, and it takes no time at all to set it up, it came naturally to me.
So it is actually a decent timesaver for that room in specific. As it is used so many times, plus it is very easy & fast to pull off.

small vine timesaver in Skyview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE48zlXcVkQ

Like I said in the YT comment, that trick was even being used in the demo when people was running it. I myself quit using it because I jumped into the corner half of the times. And I did not really enjoy having to reset at the boss key.

I guess it is also worth mentioning that in the main circle shaped room when you walk over the rope, you can make it over without having to kill any of the monsters if you sprint over without loosing any balance. This is also a trick I used in the demo.

When you push the block in the room with a eye, you do not have to move the box all the way to the center, you can decrease the amount of pushes to the right down from 8 to 7 and still be able to defeat the eye. A very very small timesaver, but it is something.

And there is probably a few more small timesavers that I forgot.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:08:09 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

if you go in and out of ancient cistern then the game won't spawn the waterfall blocking the entrance. so that means if we can get in before the scale, we can skip the sacred water.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »

Small trick in skyview 2 in case we can't skip sacred water: if you enter the right room where the key is buried from the upper entrance (that you get to with the vines) and exit that way, you can skip one of the moles text.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »

I was making a small route for Ancient Cistern early and stuff ahead of discovering any use to it but it will always lead to dead ends.

- I'm sure we all know we won't be able to complete the Ancient Cistern without Water dragon's scale. (For now)

- We can't get Whip, because we need to flip the lillypad to get underwater and we need to Spin Attack to break the wooden blockades. UNLESS we can get to the small key chest by somehow jumpslashing from the Geyser that is near the ledge of the chest, though i have tried this and have gotten no luck.

- The only thing this will benefit is skipping Sacred Water ( I think this is why everybody is trying to get Ancient Cistern early)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* Also, if we are able to get Whip early, won't we be able to finish the Ancient Cistern without diving? We get the whip, open the geyser that leads to that switch that lower and raises the Statue's head. Flip the switch, go underground, get BK early, death to entrance. Then just raise the head, Insert BK, those 4 switches, Koloktos, and finally Farore's Flame!

(Although in order for this to happen, we might be at another dead end. We need the Farore's Courage song for Water Dragon's Scale for TadTones. If we do complete Ancient Cistern then won't we just be taught Nayru's Wisdom if we go back to Isle of Songs? And in order to learn Farore's Flame, we need the Harp, making us complete the LMF.)

(We can find a Gate of Time early and get Harp, and skip half of LMF. We just need Harp and Gust Bellows for ThunderHead / Isle of Songs.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
**Also, theres a Koloktos trick, when you rip off the four arms in the FIRST cycle, let him hit you once and quickly hit his weak point as fast and much as you can. This will damage him enough to trigger the 2nd phase of him.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:02:32 PM by HeyListen » Logged
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:47 PM »

Small trick in skyview 2 in case we can't skip sacred water: if you enter the right room where the key is buried from the upper entrance (that you get to with the vines) and exit that way, you can skip one of the moles text.

Better trick: you can go in the lower entrance and then climb on the stuff to the right to skip the text anyway. You still have to leave through the higher entrance afaik though.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:31 AM »

* Also, if we are able to get Whip early, won't we be able to finish the Ancient Cistern without diving? We get the whip, open the geyser that leads to that switch that lower and raises the Statue's head. Flip the switch, go underground, get BK early, death to entrance. Then just raise the head, Insert BK, those 4 switches, Koloktos, and finally Farore's Flame!
You're forgetting a few rooms that do need diving (stopping the waterfall in front of the mouth and going from there).  However, if we can find an oob in the main room (or clawshots early) then we can get to the rope from oob and get to the basement/bk early.

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2011, 12:36:11 AM »

You're forgetting a few rooms that do need diving (stopping the waterfall in front of the mouth and going from there).  However, if we can find an oob in the main room (or clawshots early) then we can get to the rope from oob and get to the basement/bk early.
I forgot about the waterfall :/ it does block the switch, so we can't do that.. Also, clawshots early is highly unlikely, due to the fact you learn Nayru's Wisdom AFTER you obtain Farore's Flame.
swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2011, 07:09:18 AM »

really minor time saver i havent seen around yet
when collecting eldins piece of the song of the hero, while getting all of your stuff back. Immediately after you get your stuff back, you can escape the pit without needing to blow up the rocks at the top of the sand hill. You can dash up on the left side of the rocks and just jump over them. Smiley

you dont even need to go to the top left right next to the rocks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:14:01 AM by swordsaint » Logged
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2011, 09:44:55 AM »

asdgjalekgjelarhj;hj

someone else pull this off please ffs
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: