ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:07:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 444241 times)
Ansem
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »

Have you guys seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEHh5XS3sD4

It seems he landed on the loading zone for the islands.

I've been trying to replicate it but haven't gotten it to work yet. Since there is nothing of him getting there either its: 1. Really luck based or 2. he used a cheat to get there from riding his loftwing.
If it can be replicated easily maybe it can be used to land on the loading zones for the beams of light leading to the surface, possibly allowing you to get to surface areas early.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »

Skyloft silent realm timesaver trick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUqyFkKN_-c

Very useful for time trial. May not be as useful in a speedrun.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:23:06 AM by CloudMax » Logged

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »

So I think I found a stamina glitch in lanayru desert but I'm not exactly sure how it happened.  I was trying to get to the east side early with some kind of stamina abuse for running over the desert, and one time when I sunk when I came up I noticed my stamina meter was refilling and I could still run (can't remember if I could sprint, wasn't recording and didn't notice it until right before it was filled).  Normally you just respawn with a fill stamina meter.  I was also experimenting with using the nearby timeshift stone to refill stamina (which doesn't work) and I can't remember exactly if I tried it that time or not but it could also be a cause of it.  My little brother also told me he got a similar glitch a few days ago in skyview temple by climbing vines as soon as his stamina went out, which leads me to believe stamina running out being interrupted will activate this glitch.  I've been trying to replicate it for about an hour with no success but it would be cool if other people tried too.  First to get it and make it to the east side early gets an internet high five from me.

Edit: To clarify, this is running in the quicksand to the right near where the timeshift stone and the robot that upgraded your beetle are.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:40:13 AM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:07 AM »

Skip the two snail platforms in the first quicksand area in Lanayru Desert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=255IM5NTzeg&feature=feedu

The quicksand area just after this one seems to have a mandatory snail platform, you just barely can't make it to the second ground platform. Even with a jump + JS before landing in the sand it's too far away. Maybe TAS-only.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:23:25 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 02:51:27 AM »

Accidentally found a significant sequence break in Ancient Cistern.

If you get into the chamber where the boss key is (center of the room), but the statue is pulled down a level, you can get up on the ledge in the center by slashing one of the zombies close to the wall and using a finishing strike. With it you can go straight to the rope climbing segment with the zombies.

Possibly more important, you can get an incredible amount of height with a Finishing Strike jump.

I re-cleared the basement to make sure that I didn't miss anything important, and I think it'd save ~4-5 mins in a run.

Now back to finishing the game.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 03:56:08 AM »

Trick in ancient cistern but mzx's trick would save more time.  Might as well post it anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msww6BWbQQQ

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 07:23:04 AM »

Accidentally found a significant sequence break in Ancient Cistern.

If you get into the chamber where the boss key is (center of the room), but the statue is pulled down a level, you can get up on the ledge in the center by slashing one of the zombies close to the wall and using a finishing strike. With it you can go straight to the rope climbing segment with the zombies.

Possibly more important, you can get an incredible amount of height with a Finishing Strike jump.

Do you think this could maybe work in the desert? There are past Boklins near the cages in the beginning area and the time cirscle extends to the wall at one spot. That would save quite a lot of time.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2011, 07:40:17 AM »

Do you think this could maybe work in the desert? There are past Boklins near the cages in the beginning area and the time cirscle extends to the wall at one spot. That would save quite a lot of time.

Of everything we've tried, we didn't try finishing strike. Odd. Especially since we've talked quite a lot about the finishing strikes possibilities earlier.
I'll look into it later today.

Also, mzxrules, you do not think that it would be possible to clip under the statue somewhere, somehow? It may be some odd spot OoB around it that doesn't have proper collision. Just a thought. May not be possible though. Can't really remember exactly what the area looks like.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2011, 07:47:08 AM »

Of everything we've tried, we didn't try finishing strike. Odd. Especially since we've talked quite a lot about the finishing strikes possibilities earlier.
I'll look into it later today.

I actually thought about throwing Boklins onto the sands and using finishing strike to get close to the other side. But that didn't work, since in the part of the game where it would be usefull, there are only past Boklins there and the time circle naturally doesn't reach the sand.
I did not expect that you can reach that much height...

Btw. just noticed that chests with treasures are random. I just opened the chest on top of the mines 3 times and got 3 different items (godess thingy, blue feather and golden skull)

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2011, 08:49:23 PM »

I have also been testing this game few times now. Dungeon before temple of time and after that dungeon cutscnenes where zelda give you harp and escape to the past. I got to loading zone leading out of dungeon with cheats and confirmed that cutscenes indeed works and game goes on normally. That would same some time if we could find our way there somehow throught wall. But likely we need that dungeon item somewhere in the game later (forgot what item it was in third dungeon).

Also I tested you can do early dungeons and loading zones are there. You don't need to do that stupid quest stuff if we can somehow skip them.

Just pointing things out. If this game have some breaking glitches this would be good game to speedrun.

The cheat you used wouldn't happen to have been my walk through walls code would it?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »

The cheat you used wouldn't happen to have been my walk through walls code would it?

How can we even trust that you are wiiztec?
Not to be rude or anything, but there is a lot of people who like to mess around by tricking others into thinking that they are someone that they're really not.

And yes, it would be your code, if you're wiiztec. That is off-topic though.

_____

I found a way to get to the boss key chest in Ancient Cistern early, without the use of finishing blow. All you do is a jump (a tricky one).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKGBJ6UZAc

Note that we found out that dying will remove the key. So death warp is not possible.
We'll either have to find a way out, or we'll take the rope and get the statue away.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:12:36 PM by CloudMax » Logged

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »

Easiest way so far to do Cistern BK early (but more importantly atm it's the best method for doing mzx's rope early trick which skips most of the basement. Early BK is not yet useful because we can't get out of the pit):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHMVitDjvI&feature=channel_video_title

Read description. This method of reaching ledges should work in a lot of places.

Also, here's the final blow method of doing the BK Early, not a good method for this trick but it might work for getting to ledges where there's no other option:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQw_jgoL784
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:21:37 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »

Here is the Ancient Cistern basement skip I discovered. I need to test BiT more to see if I can get it to not crash the game.

Also, BiT is in Skyward Sword.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »

How can we even trust that you are wiiztec?
Not to be rude or anything, but there is a lot of people who like to mess around by tricking others into thinking that they are someone that they're really not.

And yes, it would be your code, if you're wiiztec. That is off-topic though.

It's good to know that my codes are being used to help speedrunners discover potential sequence breaks, if you really want proof that I am who I am you can PM me on wiird
TomNook120
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »

I just found that side of lake floria you dive to with OoB by myself
But of course, it's been discovered already. What I'm wondering is this, since the map is absolutely filled out, are the bird statues all discovered as well?

I'm not very far in the game at all, only have had about 4 hours to play. But it doesn't mean I don't want to sequence break, cause it's fun as all hell. If the dive ability is close to the lake floria OoB entrance, I could dive down there, find a bird statue, and potentially fly everywhere and not even find all those Kiwiki's yet

So far i love the game though
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: