ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 444162 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:29:28 AM »

Wait until you get later into the game, it gets much better.

Also, i think I have a good fast strategy for the final boss (spoilers) - On his first phase, when he does his 2 way swing, shield both times and then slash him 2 times.  He'll repeat the attack and you can repeat slashing him, and continue the cycle until his 2nd phase.  Sometimes he'll break the cycle but it usually works.  Not sure how useful that would be in a real speedrun because you probably wont have a good shield (or a shield at all?)

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Burning Death
Deku Scrub

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »

A speedrun on Hero mode has to be a New Game+ categorie, because you keep all your collectible items which can be used to upgrade your weapons, gadgets & potions AND to make unlimited money by selling them.

I didn't notice any big speedrun tricks in my 1st playthrough, though...I only respawned on a 'not supposed to get on' rock wall after jumping into the fire by accident at the very beginning of Eldin Volcano, useless in this area but maybe re-creatable in more useful locations, dunno.

Oh, and for my live stream of my 2nd playthrough, this time on hard mode: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword---playthrough
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:18:50 AM by Burning Death » Logged
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »

I have also been testing this game few times now. Dungeon before temple of time and after that dungeon cutscnenes where zelda give you harp and escape to the past. I got to loading zone leading out of dungeon with cheats and confirmed that cutscenes indeed works and game goes on normally. That would same some time if we could find our way there somehow throught wall. But likely we need that dungeon item somewhere in the game later (forgot what item it was in third dungeon).

Also I tested you can do early dungeons and loading zones are there. You don't need to do that stupid quest stuff if we can somehow skip them.

Just pointing things out. If this game have some breaking glitches this would be good game to speedrun.

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »

Also, i think I have a good fast strategy for the final boss (spoilers) - On his first phase, when he does his 2 way swing, shield both times and then slash him 2 times.  He'll repeat the attack and you can repeat slashing him, and continue the cycle until his 2nd phase.  Sometimes he'll break the cycle but it usually works.  Not sure how useful that would be in a real speedrun because you probably wont have a good shield (or a shield at all?)
(spoilers) - I always only shielded 1 time during the first phase, and attacked twice directly after. It works just as well as when you shield twice. It is also possible to hit in between his attacks & your shielding to make it even faster, but that is more difficult. You can beat this boss very, very fast. But it gets more difficult if you want to do it faster.
Also, in hero mode (newgame+ category) you'd start with all the resources from your previous file, so you'd be able to upgrade all your items to the last level instantly after you get them. Which means that you'd be able to get goddess shield before the last boss without any problems. This is only on hero mode though. Unless people find a very good way to farm the resources during the actual run/route, we probably wont have a shield available that doesn't break I think.

Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 05:18:53 PM »

Lake Floria early frome me. This neat little trick also leads to oob in Faron Woods. I don't know yet what this skip will do. But I'm almost sure you can skipping climbing to big tree and going to lake floria normal way. So this maybe saves alot of time. Happy watching! Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbcUMFv3jI

EDIT: I also found this from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vbv1XE1p-Q&feature=related

This trick let you get to the normal side of lake floria but you get stuck there if you don't have dive ability. I tested this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:42:06 PM by Kazooie » Logged

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »

Lake Floria early frome me. This neat little trick also leads to oob in Faron Woods. I don't know yet what this skip will do. But I'm almost sure you can skipping climbing to big tree and going to lake floria normal way. So this maybe saves alot of time. Happy watching! Cheesy

This trick let you get to the normal side of lake floria but you get stuck there if you don't have dive ability. I tested this.

Seriously. That's just awesome.

I was starting to doubt that there would be such breaks since I couldn't figure out a single place in the game that is possible to access early because you're not allowed to get even remotely close to the area. I didn't even think about Lake Floria.

What makes it so weird is that you do not really perform any kind of glitch. You just run over a wall and boom, you're able to get OoB. (with the help of a jumpslash ofc) xD

Also, I am very interested in the second video. I have done the part that is in the video myself (but I used moonjump to get out of bounds, just to prove that it would be possible to get to the lake if somehow managed to get got OoB, but I never managed to.) So the important part of the trick is missing, the video only display the part that anyone could figure out how, since you can get there by hanging on the edge instead of walking on the fence. You can even walk right next to the fence most of the way. So there is multiple ways of getting there from OoB, And all of them are quite logical. =/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:29:51 AM by CloudMax » Logged

Burning Death
Deku Scrub

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 07:37:34 PM »

Awesome! I just tested this a bit myself on my Hero Mode savefile where I luckily saved just before the first silent realm.

Get into Lake Floria before you get the Water Dragon's Scale: The temple will be open, but you can't access it because you can't spin jump out of the water and the Water Dragon is not in her kettle....
Get into Lake Floria after you get the Water Dragon's Scale: The temple will be blocked by the waterfall (which strangely appears now...) but now the Water Dragon is in her kettle and you could talk to her like you've gone the normal way and she tells you what you have to do for her...

So yes, you skip the Great Tree and the normal way to access Lake Floria Smiley!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:39:13 PM by Burning Death » Logged
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »

That is very good to hear you can skip that stupid big tree climbing and going to lake floria normal way. This trick will definitely save some time then!

You also said water fall wasn't there. If we can get access to fouth dungeon early somehow. We might be able to get whip early because you only need sword in that dungeon to get it. Idk does it have any use if you can get that. It would be also great if we can beat dungeon without diving ability, what would that lead to?

EDIT:
I also tried this and confirmed what Burning Death said. So we can skip big tree climbing and normal way to lake floria, which is slower. Idk how much time this saves in speedrun.

I also tested early whip with leviation code. In dungeon we need get one small key which is on small ledge in the chest. You can't get to the chect normal way because there is tree barriers underwater and we don't have spin ability. So only way to get that key is somehow make longer jump to ledge from above of chest or bomb boost ourself up there somehow. If we can that key and somehow also get inside of temple we would have whip early. Then idk does it have any use yet....
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:19:30 PM by Kazooie » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »

I've been messing around with cheats to see if I could find something.
Clipping through the door in the past wont take you to the area of the last boss. You have to interact with the door.
And if you clip through the small door that leads to the forest while you're in the past, it takes you back to the future, as if you entered the gate of time. It is odd. I have no idea why there is even a loading zone there. Because there isn't supposed to be one. Doors only take you to different areas when you interact with them they do not have loading zones behind them.
When you're in a trial (silent realm), all loading zones gets removed.

I'm also very, very close to finding a way to get OoB in the south section of the faron woods, which allows you to get to lake Floria early through the normal path. (Not the back entrance). Maybe it isn't possible, maybe it is. It feels like it is possible, but it is damn difficult if it turns out to be possible. (You jump onto a tree from a stone fence, to the left of the Lake Floria entrance, and then jump from the tree to get OoB.)
Problem is, I managed to jump onto a branch, but I slide down from it. If I can get to the center of the tree somehow before sliding down from the branch, I would be able to get OoB.
I've been really, really close a few times, I once managed to do a second jump after landing on the branch, but it resulted in me jumping past the tree.

I have no idea if is even useful since we have Kazooie's trick already. But maybe it could end up being useful for something else.

You can't get the bottle from the potion shop before you have your bag either (I got into the bazaar with the clip cheat). The conversation will get bugged.
If you try to buy a item (like the shield) before you have a bag, nothing happens.
So trying to get an item before you get the bag does not seem to be possible at all.
And many other weird things...
(It is possible to get goddess sword early with the clip cheat, but it will make it impossible to get the bird later on, so you're stuck on skyloft.)
So I can't seem to find any real possible sequence breaks, even with the use of cheats. Not yet anyways.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:06:39 PM by CloudMax » Logged

EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »

I wonder if it's possible to get the sacred water needed for the dragon before she says she needs it?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »

I wonder if it's possible to get the sacred water needed for the dragon before she says she needs it?

I have a feeling that you'll just get regular water from the same spot if you try to get it early.
I'll check during my next playthrough though!

There is a few other thing's I'm gonna try aswell (related to the water dragon)

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 06:29:35 PM »

I checked the sacred water thing yesterday, it's normal water until you actually talk to the water dragon.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »

Here is a alternate method for Floria Waterfall early that I found.
It is much faster than Kazooies method, and it is extremely easy to pull off.
It uses Brickguy360Gs trick to get up onto the fence, so he deserves full credits for that part.
When I were up on the fence, I noticed that it was possible to get OoB with the use of a second jumpslash towards the hill.
Note: A jumpslash is not required. A good angled autojump gives you enough distance & height. The jumpslash just make it easier.
With a few practice jumps, you can easily do it without a jumpslash, making this a few seconds faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EScZ7IPlf6w

I re-recorded it without a jumpslash since I figured that it was pointless. The jump is extremely easy if you know how to do it.

Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 02:36:35 PM »

I also have some information what I have tested with cheats so far. You can get to fire dragon early with levitation and with infinite healt codes. And suprise cutscnenes works and you get part of the hero song of the hero, and even without harp. After cutscenes mountain is back normal but will have that actor set what is made for the last part of the game after you normally get song of the hero. There is flying things what you can clawshot and there are harder enemies as well.

Door to second temple is closed if you haven't opened it yet. One interesting point is you can get adventure pouch chest from the chest. Normally you get rest of your items there. This time it act like you get normal adventure pouch set and only thing what  I noticed if you have anything in bottle, they will get empty. Sadly you can't do SB with this. Fi tells you about getting last parts of song of the hero but if you go to other areas nothing happens, they are normal.

If this trick would be possible we need to get past Fi text barrier before loading zone. If you can jump far enough you will get to loading point. Then second part is to get fire dragon loading zone somehow. And you run out of hearts at this point anyway. Maybe in future with some awesome new tricks.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:38:42 PM by Kazooie » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 03:30:37 PM »

I also have some information what I have tested with cheats so far. You can get to fire dragon early with levitation and with infinite healt codes. And suprise cutscnenes works and you get part of the hero song of the hero, and even without harp. After cutscenes mountain is back normal but will have that actor set what is made for the last part of the game after you normally get song of the hero. There is flying things what you can clawshot and there are harder enemies as well.

Door to second temple is closed if you haven't opened it yet. One interesting point is you can get adventure pouch chest from the chest. Normally you get rest of your items there. This time it act like you get normal adventure pouch set and only thing what  I noticed if you have anything in bottle, they will get empty. Sadly you can't do SB with this. Fi tells you about getting last parts of song of the hero but if you go to other areas nothing happens, they are normal.

If this trick would be possible we need to get past Fi text barrier before loading zone. If you can jump far enough you will get to loading point. Then second part is to get fire dragon loading zone somehow. And you run out of hearts at this point anyway. Maybe in future with some awesome new tricks.

Well, what if you try to get the dragon early, right after you get the earrings? This would make it so that you do not need to worry about that.
What we need is a way to get over to the dragon early, and that would be a major break. It would let us skip the sequence where you loose all your items. Doing it before you get the earrings is not that likely.

I wonder what happens if you get 9 pouch slots. Probably nothing.. but still...

Will you still be able to dig up the 5 key parts if you visit the dragon before, or will the digging spots go away?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: