ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:55:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: SS: Trick Research & Discovery  (Read 444239 times)
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2011, 05:32:54 AM »

Getting into Deep Woods without the slingshot, useless as of right now because there are still two crystal switches we can't hit without the slingshot - right outside the dungeon and over the statue in the right room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmuJz3wn2Bg

we are going to have to hit the switch outside the dungeon, going in from OoB won't work because for some reason it makes the dungeon screwy and the door leading to the main room is missing...

Also just for the record you can skip cutscenes in a normal mode file, so hero mode is not the only option for speedruns. My current file is on normal with skippable cutscenes. Granted I got mine from using codes, but according to Miles you can skip any cutscene you've already seen (beat the final boss and watch the ending then reload the save without saving and you can skip the ending cutscenes apparently), so worst case you have to play through the whole thing from a new file without saving. <.<
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:36:11 AM by Paraxade » Logged
swordsaint
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2011, 05:54:16 AM »

That's not too bad. It would be more bareable if we had more than 4 save files though, but I'm sure most of you will be able to get through the game fairly quick really soon. So I dunno, have 1 Hero mode 100% save (after 100% standard mode on the same file), have a start file of hero mode after finishing it once, and a start file of normal mode after finishing it once.
TomNook120
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2011, 06:13:10 AM »

While playing with skips and reseting, I noticed that even if you haven't saved, you can skip the cutscenes viewed before reseting. So if a person where to speedrun full game, would it be a good idea to play through the game (no saves), reset, then record their run with full skip ability? One last practice is never such a bad idea before a run either.

Just a thought. I'm sure better means exist. I'm not positive either that if you start a file and reset without any saves at all would work with the skip cutscenes
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »

The annoying part is less playing the whole game and more having to watch every single cutscene. There's a lot of them. :/
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »

Almost skipped part of Fire Sanctuary, but can't get it to work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKO8314LjKM

Not sure why the blue thing won't appear. I guess Link has to be skydiving for it to work. :/
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »

Really minor trick in Skyview Temple that im not gonna bother making a video of. In the right room after you crawl into the room that has the crystal switch in it, you can shoot at the switch, then turn around and reenter the crawl tunnel before the slingshot hits the switch. That lets you crawl back out of the room instead of having to climb the vines up to the higher tunnel. Dunno if it's faster.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »

Paraxade, thanks to you, I got this awesome idea last night for a decent timesaver (about a minute or two) in the deep woods.
It uses the same technique as your deep woods early, but it is A LOT more difficult. it requires the correct angle, height & position.
It was extremely hard for me to get it the very first time, actually took me over an hour because of bad luck.

This is the trick, quoted from my description with added details:
By hitting the goddess cube from down below (In deep woods) you'll trigger the conversation with the goron (teaching you about the goddess cube), resulting in link getting teleported up the ledge.
This will allow you to skip most of deep woods, saving about 1-2 minutes. This trick is quite difficult to pull off (like I explained above).
You have to target the Bokoblin so that the skyward strike is directed slightly upwards instead of just straight ahead.
If you stand at the correct distance and get the correct angle, the skyward strike will be able to hit the cube (, trigger the cutscene, and port link up).

http://www.twitch.tv/cloudmax94/b/300898881

This video is being uploaded to youtube aswell.

Samura1man
Regular Guay

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsSyC2IhR4

Possible way to Ancient Cistern without Water Dragon's Scale?

I tried many hours with this, but no results or anything.
But I still believe it's possible to find a way to Ancient Cistern.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvsSyC2IhR4

Possible way to Ancient Cistern without Water Dragon's Scale?

I tried many hours with this, but no results or anything.
But I still believe it's possible to find a way to Ancient Cistern.

Well, sadly, getting OoB wouldn't let you enter the temple. the water does not continue OoB in this game, like it does in OoT for example.
Well, there is a very, very small amount of water OoB. You can't get up to the temple entrance, and you can not swim to the loading zone.
=/
This has all been tested with clip hack.

THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »

Almost skipped part of Fire Sanctuary, but can't get it to work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKO8314LjKM

Not sure why the blue thing won't appear. I guess Link has to be skydiving for it to work. :/

That's the wrong one, facing that way you're supposed to take the one on the left
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2011, 01:36:48 PM »

That's the wrong one, facing that way you're supposed to take the one on the left

He is entering the correct one.
It is to the left when you are facing the correct direction.

You enter the one with closed eyes, just like he did.

THENINTENDOLUMINARY
Regular Guay

AKA wiiztec

Email
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »

I could have sworn I went to the left one the first time and just fell into the lava

btw it doesn't work because it's in a different loading area

also if you could somehow get to the bird statue over there it would take you to the boss room when you select to the sky
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:21:23 PM by THENINTENDOLUMINARY » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »

I could have sworn I went to the left one the first time and just fell into the lava

btw it doesn't work because it's in a different loading area

also if you could somehow get to the bird statue over there it would take you to the boss room when you select to the sky

That is actually true when I think about it.
They are different areas.

I once moonjumped over and tried to open a door. The door just took me to a unloaded room.

However, as we know from earlier tests, interacting with a bird statue in a unloaded area will unlock the real statue.

And yes, wrongwarp on that statue takes you to boss room.

That is the 2nd wrongwarp we've found so far that doesn't crash the game.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:47:18 PM by CloudMax » Logged

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »

Damn Cloud, very nice Deep Woods trick, I actually thought of that but couldn't find a way to do it (didn't think of using the bokoblin for some reason).
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »

Really hard trick in Eldin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2APdS-bJr70
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: