ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:38:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commentary for the Any% Wii run by Chimpas?  (Read 6286 times)
onfallowground
Deku Scrub

« on: December 24, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »

Hey all. Obviously new to the TP sequence breaking world, I would love some commentary for the Chimpas run. Is it available somewhere? I've always loved hearing Jiano and Pokey's commentary for the Majoras Mask runs and things like that.

I've read all the techniques and strategies this site has to offer, and I still can't make sense of some of Chimpas' route while watching the video.

If there isn't commentary available, can someone explain a few things?

The one I'm curious about right now, is why does he do that little section of the lakebed temple, grab the oocoooocococoo and leave to go collect the tears? If the tears are necessary, why temple first?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

On the Gamecube version you have to enter Lakebed Temple while in the Twilight, as this is the only way to do so without obtaining the Zora Armor. The Wii version has Midna diving though, so it's probably done for convenience.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »

I doubt Chimpas did commentary for his run, sorry.  Embarrassed
When (if) Rob finishes his single segment run, a couple of us are going to do commentary on that one though.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 03:16:05 AM »

Yeah I'm hoping we can do commentary when/if I finish my RTA run too.

To answer your question: On the Wii, Lakebed can be done at pretty much any time thanks to Midna/bottle diving. The reason he does it so early is probably just for convenience like MZX said. The reason you need Ooccoo is to steal the bomb bag, which is needed for finishing Lakebed. In the Wii route, you can easily get Ooccoo from the temple and come back after you've stolen the bomb bag. On GCN though, you need to either rupee dive into Lakebed (way too hard for anything except segmented or TAS) before unfreezing the river or get Ooccoo from Snowpeak using the map glitch to get there right after collecting tears.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:24:25 AM by ING-X » Logged

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 01:11:26 AM »

Hey all. Obviously new to the TP sequence breaking world, I would love some commentary for the Chimpas run. Is it available somewhere? I've always loved hearing Jiano and Pokey's commentary for the Majoras Mask runs and things like that.

I've read all the techniques and strategies this site has to offer, and I still can't make sense of some of Chimpas' route while watching the video.

If there isn't commentary available, can someone explain a few things?

The one I'm curious about right now, is why does he do that little section of the lakebed temple, grab the oocoooocococoo and leave to go collect the tears? If the tears are necessary, why temple first?

The run is right here, I did not comment it but you can check the rout at the wiki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvoHgR8GfvY&list=PL605FFD4E1C7BF9C8

Just
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 01:46:40 AM »

When (if) Rob finishes his single segment run, a couple of us are going to do commentary on that one though.

Is that still going to happen? I would love to watch it.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 01:51:36 AM »

Is that still going to happen? I would love to watch it.
I ended up beating Rob's run by alot but I never did commentary on the video because I'm lazy.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Just
Deku Scrub

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:37 AM »

I ended up beating Rob's run by alot but I never did commentary on the video because I'm lazy.
Wow i just looked at when that was posted. Didn't realize it was over a year ago. TP sec of these forums are like almost completely dead lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: