ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:28:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: A separated category for it?
Yes
No
Pancakes
Waffles

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd Hero max%  (Read 6781 times)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« on: September 16, 2011, 04:52:43 AM »

It does require game modification, which rules it out automatically. But that is only to begin the game and not during gameplay. It is not used beneficially and is only to access the mode. Can a separated category be made for this? If a formal run of this bizarre mode isn't allowed, it might as well be for fun. It does require us to have the physical game and console, which not all of us have anymore (myself included /sadface). It might be even impossible to set up with an old cartridge (or console?) that's more sensitive to the touch causing a freeze. The 48 Ocarinas is more feasible to do, but we get less from that and is less interesting to watch or do a run of.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:11:56 AM by Jeville » Logged
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »

Could you explain this category? I'm not familiar with it.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »

Instructions & results.

45-minute video of it.

The objective can be to get as many items as you can under the effect.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:03:40 PM by Jeville » Logged
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:27:41 PM »

until theres a way to do this without crooked cartridge its not getting any recognition

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »

Right. Okay. Forget it then.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 03:21:05 AM »

its still very interesting and i would be amazed if there were a way to do it legitimately

however considering the "half-write" theory thats probably a no go

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 04:19:42 AM »

Isn't there a way to grab a dump of the N64's ram from a console, considering that the ram unit can be swapped out on the console?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 04:39:40 AM »

Bump.  Cry

Isn't there a way to grab a dump of the N64's ram from a console, considering that the ram unit can be swapped out on the console?
I'm curious too. Why is this not answered yet?!  Sad

In the 2nd Hero video, it shows that the player did not succeed in acquiring the Ocarina (it shows Majora's Mask holding it when he went up as human). This was before it's discovered how you can enter on top the Clock Tower as a Deku Scrub without the flower. So what I want to know is, would the file be saved if the Song of Time is played? I doubt it, because according to Zelda Chaos, saving at the owl statue doesn't save it.

If it does save it, then grabbing the dump of the N64's ram won't be needed. And if it doesn't, it at least allows you to play the rest of the game at ease. Kind of disappointing if Goron and Zora masks aren't obtainable, especially Zora mask unless the entrance to Great Bay Temple is already available.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:32:06 AM by Jeville » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 05:30:56 AM »

The real reason I want a ram dump is to analyse the data itself, and possibly create a sram file of it.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »

Apparently, there was a rom containing a savestate of the 48 Ocarinas glitch here, but the download button takes us to the home page... But if there was a savestate made for that glitch, that should tell us it is possible to create one for 2nd Hero too. Unless how it works is a bit more complicated.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:06:17 AM by Jeville » Logged
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »

You can create a 48 Ocarina save easily on PJ64. Start up the MM ROM, and then go to "Settings" --> "ROM Settings". For the field "Default Save Type", select "32kbytes SRAM". Now, restart the emulator and make a new file, and you'll be playing a 48 Ocarina file.

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 01:42:45 AM »

Thanks. I suppose a challenge can be made for that instead of 2nd Hero.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: