ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:12:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Challenge  (Read 8465 times)
CHC
Regular Guay

« on: September 09, 2011, 07:55:10 PM »

Obtain as many items in the game as you can. But here's the catch, Princess Zelda MUST NOT touch the sanctuary. Meaning she has to follow you around.

To be nice, I'll tell you how far I've gotten so you know what IS possible. (however I'm still experimenting)

Bow/Arrows
Boomerang
Bombs
Lamp
Bug Catching Net
Book of Madura
Magic Bottle x1
Cane of Somaria
Pendant of Courage
Running Boots
Moon Pearl
Blue Tunic
Heart Container x1

This is all I know so far, however I am still trying to get a few more items. I'm playing SNES, so I don't know if that alters anything.

At any rate, see what you can get. I want to know if it's possible to obtain all Dungeon Items, Crystals/Pendants, Swords (I doubt, since when you have Zelda, the rain continues and there are no NPCs outside.), and medallions.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
V92ify
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

Can we keep Zelda on GBA? I never ear anything like that... Is emulator banned?

Youtube account

<RaceBot>: Samura1man was foolish and tried to pull the wool over our eyes !!!
--- sicko has banned ~r:87-94-227-220.bb.dnainternet.fi
*** Samura1man was kicked by sicko (sicko)
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 04:25:14 PM »

It's not an official 'run' persay, but do the save in midair glitch, then get hit by the ball and chain. You should clip underground with Zelda behind. However, if GBA doesn't work I have no problem with you using an emulator, just don't cheat to get items.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »

Huge discovery. Possible to get Hammer, pendant of power, moon pearl and 2 hearts.

EDIT: Oh, and in one room, Ether randomly falls.. you can obtain it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:40:20 PM by CHC » Logged

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »

So you only need to avoid putting Zelda in the Sanctuary? Is it OK if you lose her during the time or does she have to follow you around all the time?
I'll see what I can get at least =).

May the Triforce be with you.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:21:53 AM »

As long as she comes back to you when you re-enter the file (you should be at 'meeting Zelda')

Although, I encountered an extremely odd glitch.

I lost Zelda. Saved and quit. Started in Sanctuary. I was like "fuck" but.. I didn't go up to see if Zelda was there. S and Q'd again, and it acted like I first met Zelda. It may be possible to obtain the Sanctuary HC. And, if you bring another key into Gargoyle place (or get an extra in it) you can get the Titan Mitt, allowing MS

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:49 AM »

Yeah, that's basically why I asked. As you can lose her when you are walking around. I'm not 100% sure what is causing it, but it has happened me before.

EDIT: So I guess I'm not allowed to have Zelda there without the rain stopping and that I won't appear in the dungeon if I die or S&Q? Tongue Overworld is still glitched with no sprites.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:39:41 AM by Tompa » Logged

May the Triforce be with you.
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »

When you S&Q you should be at the meeting with Zelda. If not, then you should be in the sanctuary (If you lost Zelda). After that S&Q you get Zelda back (Sanctuary HC is possible) However, if you attempt to attain the Mirror (SNES Version) the old man never hits the loading zone so you never are able to pause or press select.

Details on how to lose Zelda:
Make your way to Gargoyle's Domain
Take the first BK door, obtain key 1 at the top left of that room (the long room with 2 white and 1 orange stalfos)
Take bottom left exit.
Continue Normally
When you hit the crystal to make the switch blue, go UP THE STAIRS (Or else a screen will not load properly) This is where Zelda disappears
Continue, get the maiden and the key
Again, continue normally (please have the hammer at this time)
Obtain Titan Mitt (HUGE) and finish for HC and crystal (I have yet to do it, I'm not too good at this game)

Now, after obtaining the Titan Mitt, it is possible to obtain the last of the 3 pendants. Just lift the large square white block that blocks the path. Ice Rod is too attainable. (I have not tested what happens when you pick up the Power Glove, I was too excited XD)

Please note, the Master Sword is NOT ATTAINABLE! The sprite is never loaded thus it is not possible to get. Also, flippers aren't attainable.

When you enter the Dark World, the Overworld's Sprites are loaded with Dark World palette. This is useful for a few HPs (DM one before ToH, one after pulling the switch in the overworld water place, and mabye a few others)

Once I get my webcam back, I will show a route on how to get to Eastern Palace, Tower of Hera (actually a little complicated), and a few other tricks.

Oh, one more thing. If you go left, the sprites in the dungeons don't load (including crystals) however if you go right, they load properly (I do not know the reasoning behind this however it has worked and been proven true every time I try).

I'm playing SNES version, so what I can get and what GBA can get may vary.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
Roadagain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 02:13:30 AM »

Err, so apparently using Up+Down/Right+Left isn't allowed? Because that would allow doing all of this without even going to Zelda.

Anyways, I did, with a friend, many years back, something similar (I suppose what'd you call Phase 1 challenge, just with Up+Down and those enabled).

In general, the GBA version seemed more breakable than SNES version, but there were also some things that could not be done.

I've never used the Mirror technique myself, but it should mostl work the same way. First of all, during the first phase, it is indeed possible to get the Mirror from the Old Man. Normally he glitches out when reaching the point where he should give the mirror, but this is fixed by a few tricks. I can go and research that if needed.

During Phase 1, all loading zones and sprites and such of Light World are in the Dark World, and Dark World sprites are nowhere. This means, to get anything from Light Overworld, you need to be able to reach the area in the Dark World. This instantly removes Flippers and Master Sword from the list, as they are in separate areas of the Light World that don't exist in the Dark World. (I was quite close to reaching Master sword, but no luck in the end)

Without Master Sword, the 3 Medallions become unattainable (The one from the Dark World Zora is unavailable because Phase 1 :/). However, Ether can be attained by defeating any boss while the game thinks you are in the Hyrule Castle. So, by starting from Hyrule Castle, glitching OoB to any boss room you've defeated the boss already instantly gives it to you.

IIRC, Turtle Rock and Water Temple (Can't recall the name :K) are impossible to access, because Water Temple needs Flippers, and Turtle Rock will crash on any screens with pipes, and has the lack of jumpable rooms.

I think all other dungeons/caves are fully doable, but because it's been years from that, I can't recall if Hookshot was needed anywhere. Another thing I can't recall is wether you can Temper the Fighter's Sword (I reckon not), which means Ganon can't be beaten. Unless spin attacks work with that sword too, but I think they didn't.

That leaves Overworld things, but those are mostly unavailable.

Again, this was just a bit to think about, dunno how much of it is actually helpful, because, well, these were done with UDEG and such. Having Zelda with you shouldn't change much, other than the Old Man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: