ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:22:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright, so I'm new to TP and..  (Read 7614 times)
CHC
Regular Guay

« on: September 01, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »

How easy is it to glitch? Easier or harder than Ocarina of Time? (the one I glitch constantly)

Once I beat the game 2 times, once by myself and one 100%, I plan on glitching to beat the game. So, I just want to know how hard it is, so I can choose to use it, or another game as a secondary.

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
<CHC> stonenot at least I can DoT skip
|<--   stonenot has left irc.speeddemosarchive.com (Quit: Leaving)
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »

How easy is it to glitch? Easier or harder than Ocarina of Time? (the one I glitch constantly)

Once I beat the game 2 times, once by myself and one 100%, I plan on glitching to beat the game. So, I just want to know how hard it is, so I can choose to use it, or another game as a secondary.
Most of the tricks in TP take a quite a bit of practice, but once you figure them out they're relatively easy. I'd say one of the most difficult things to learn is which timing variation of LJA to use where as it is relatively random. Otherwise, TP isn't necessarily that hard as long as you are willing to practice tricks.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »

So basically, it's around the same difficulty as Ocarina of Time? Or slightly easier? It seems that way. Considering most Ocarina of Time glitches require practice, others insane precision/timing/luck. Practice is: hours, days, weeks or months?

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:16:30 AM »

It depends on what route you want to do. If you want to do the speedrun route (which has BiT and those tricks like skipping zora armor, fishing rod and all those fancy tricks), then that would be the hardest one. If you just want to do some glitches here and there, you can use this as a guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmM6CmY7rxU and then work your way up. This route is pretty easy and and is about the same difficulty level as any% OoT in my opinion.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
CHC
Regular Guay

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 04:29:45 PM »

I plan on working my way up to a speedrun route. That's what I did in Ocarina of Time. It gives you a sort of basis to start off on so you know, in a sense, what to expect.

Thank you for the link, I'll watch as soon as I can.

EDIT: In segment 3, he did a rock sidehop trick. I play Wii (so watching this is so bewildering since it's backwards XD) is that possible on Wii?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:48:40 PM by CHC » Logged

<stonenot>   chc ur dumb
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »

Of course it is. You can even do it on the other side of the fence as well. The only important glitches that can't be done on one version or the other is the Map Glitch for the Wii (it works, but requires a different technique), Long Jump Attacks with a boomerang on the Wii (works for everything else though), and Midna Diving on the Gamecube (On the wii you use this to enter Lakebed Temple later in the game than on the Gamecube version).

Oh, and I guess that stupid Cave of Ordeals trick.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »

Could I get some help here?
I'm playing through the game trying to increase my skill, and trying some different routes. I've played normally to the Master Sword, then I clipped my way to the cannon in Kakariko. When was going to have it repaired that dude wouldn't do it, he said Link must get the cannon there(I'd warped it). So I just have the cannon staying there and haven't tried so much to solve, what probably isn't a dead end.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:04:25 PM by ArthurDent » Logged
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 06:41:52 PM »

iirc, you have to access the portals through the map menu.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »

I've done so, I've warped the cannon the Lake Hylia. And when I talk to Fyer and chose special-repairs he doesn't see any cannon. Also the guy who gives you the note to Fyer wasn't uppon the tower. I don't recall that you have to talk to Telma and the bar people(which I currently haven't done) to triggers progress.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:05:30 PM by ArthurDent » Logged
JRD05
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 07:50:42 PM »

I've done so, I've warped the cannon the Lake Hylia. And when I talk to Fyer and chose special-repairs he doesn't see any cannon. Also the guy who gives you the note to Fyer wasn't uppon the tower. I don't recall that you have to talk to Telma and the bar people(which I currently haven't done) to triggers progress.

See the last paragraph of: http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/tp/majorsb/early-city-in-the-sky

It sounds like you have to go through Midna's Desperate Hour, so you may need to start your file over.
Pheenoh
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »

Yeah, you can only do CitS early after a certain point (I believe it's after you've shown Fyer the memo to go to the desert and you take the canon there at least once). If you do it any earlier, you'll lose the ability to finish your game.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: