ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 03:03:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: TAS any% route ideas  (Read 11228 times)
Slowking
Regular Guay

« on: October 04, 2009, 02:32:42 AM »

Disclaimer: These routes aren't possible unles someone finds a way to get across the gerudo brdige without hookshot or ISG. I'm sure it is possible for a TAS, if only someone would try. *looks at Grunz* Here is how it's done with ISG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDcK_3bPAM

So after Grunz found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alaNDJq_5ug&feature=channel_page new tricks there are quite a few new possible routes. I can think of four. They all pretty much start alike but I'm going to type everyone of them in teir entirety anyway:

1. Kakariko first, Zoras River second
- get sword and 60r (60r)
- buy shield and deku stick (10r)
- do old forest escape
- get to Kakriko and get bottle
- get to zoras river and buy magic beans (0r)
- get to lake hylia  through hyrule field
- get 80r from bushes and plant bean (80r)
- fly to castle town and buy Hylia Shield (0r) (you won't have to wait as long for the flight because getting the magic bean takes gametime)
- go foreward in time

2. Zoras River first, Kakariko second
- do old forest escape
- get to lake hylia  through hyrule field
- fly to castle town and buy Hylia Shield (0r) (you won't have to wait as long for the flight because getting the magic bean takes gametime)
- go foreward in time

3. Through Zoras domain
- do old forest escape
- go up Zoras river into Zoras domain and somehow glitch into the warp to lake hylia (that would have to be discovered first Grin)
- fly to castle town and buy Hylia Shield (0r)
- go foreward in time

4. Silver scale and ruto-bottle
- get sword and 80r (80r)
- buy shield and deku stick (30r)
- do old forest escape
- get to zoras river and buy magic beans (20r)
- go up Zoras river into Zoras domain
- get silver scale and dive through the warp to lake hylia (0r)
- get ruto bottle, bring it back to king zora and again dive to lake hylia
- fly to castle town and buy Hylia Shield (0r)
- go foreward in time

As you can see route 1 and 2 are identical apart from the fact that one goes to kakariko first and the other to zoras river. I don't know which of the two is faster since a prolonged superslide to kakariko could save time. It would have to be tested.

Route 3 is highly theoretical sicne there is no known way to get to lake hylia from ZD without a scale. But there might be. Wink

Route 4 differs a lot from the others, as you never visit Kakariko and get the ruto bottle with the silver scale. This is actually far more plausible as one might think. Going up Zoras river doesn't take that long when you are at the magic bean guy. It could even be faster than supersliding to lake hylia. And not getting th bottle from Kakariko could save the time King Zora needs to move...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:52:14 AM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
BluRi
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:30:35 AM »

Route 3 is highly theoretical sicne there is no known way to get to lake hylia from ZD without a scale. But there might be. Wink

I just found a way... But it was so simple that I can't believe it hasn’t been found before?  Shocked

I'll upload a video soon  Huh

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_EouEjuj6E  Wink
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:20:00 AM by BluRi » Logged

Newbie : S
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 06:56:02 AM »

Ok Route 3 is not theoretical anymore. Cheesy Cool trick.

I guess nobody has ever searched for a way to get through there since it wasn't usefull up until now.

TSDA
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:16:38 PM »

I just found a way... But it was so simple that I can't believe it hasn’t been found before?  Shocked

I'll upload a video soon  Huh

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_EouEjuj6E  Wink
This one is old. It's found by ZXM.
Here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qb27HebpnM
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »

This one is old. It's found by ZXM.
Here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qb27HebpnM

no, no fail for you, this one needs bombs, the one that BluRi found uses no explosives (and we won't have any explosives at that point)
TSDA
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:50:30 AM »

no, no fail for you, this one needs bombs, the one that BluRi found uses no explosives (and we won't have any explosives at that point)
Same shit. Most methods have changed like that.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »

It's not even close.

TSDA
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »

meh. fine
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 03:04:14 AM »

I've been thinking about this lately and did some timing for cucco bottle vs ruto bottle.  In Swordless/AKA/Bloobs old TAS WIP it took 3:10 from starting peahat ss to kakariko to peahat ss to LH.  I added the time to and from kakariko because I don't know if kakariko or ZR should come first.  In runnerguys segment 3, it takes 3:45 from gaining control in LH to after KZ moves.  Subtract time for scarecrows song (5s), add time to go back to LH to soft soil (about 30s) and extra text from fisherman as adult (20s).  This adds up to about 4:30.  Of course a TAS would improve that time a bit but not a whole lot.  Its pretty clear cucco bottle is the way to go.

Now about ZR or kakariko first.  I'm not quite sure right which is faster but I'm going with ZR then kakariko right now because kakariko has the advantage of wess.  If you can wess from a wall near the ZR entrance then kakariko first is probably faster, but I tried it out and couldn't even get a jumpslash recoil into the water.  Right now I'm thinking it'll look like this:

-sword, shield (stick maybe?)
-bridge clip escape
-peahat ss to ZR
-rock clip, buy bean
-exit ZR, to kakariko
-cucco bottle
-bugs from rock next to house of skulltula
-exit kakariko
-wess to peahat closest to kokiri entrance
-its probably night so stalchild superslide (maybe faster to use patch of grass closer to kakariko if its a stalchild)
-LH
-rupee manipulation from grass
-plant bean
-owl to castle
-40r from chains (I dont think you can manipulate 80r from LH grass)
-buy hylian shield
-dot skip

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »

ZFG, you should read the stuff on tasvideos first before trying to discuss this with slowi and me.

first off, the quickest way to get to the castle is by far going down the river. this saves a huge amount of time over the coccu bottle route already, because you have to talk to the owl and wait for dawn.

next thing: when you go to kakariko, you either have to go from kakariko to ZR or from ZR to kakariko. Both take a while.

actually, I'm too lazy to write even more about this, but here are the possible routes, that could all turn out to be quickest:
1. Go up river, Silver Scale, Letter, Down River (most likely quickest)
2. River, Lake, Fishing, Letter, Down River (should beat coccu route, but not silver scale)
3. Coccus, ZR, Lake, Owl (should be slowest)

well, all 3 routes have to be TASed to see, which one is quickest Wink

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »

If we can get odd mushroom chest as child if could save about 50 seconds.  The detour for the mush would be about 3:30, then skipping the first trip to kakariko, waiting for the egg to hatch and waking talon should take about 1:15, then add some time to go from stealing rod to kokiri.  This would cut out pocket cucco RBA so no gauntlets, but there are some rocks in kokiri you can get bombs from (minus some more time for cutting out the first pressure jump).  But first thing we need to do is find a way over to that mush chest.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 10:25:04 PM »

first off, the quickest way to get to the castle is by far going down the river. this saves a huge amount of time over the coccu bottle route already, because you have to talk to the owl and wait for dawn.

hm, how much quicker is that? i know talking to the owl takes almost a minute, and wastes time by making you wait for dawn at the castle (whereas going down the river would put you at the castle after dawn without the minute wasted). so is going down the river almost a minute faster than talking to the owl?

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »

Ing its about 10 seconds faster to go down the river.

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 02:19:09 AM »

Ing its about 10 seconds faster to go down the river.

only 10 seconds? are you sure about that? i could have sworn it'd be more than that since the owl text takes so long and you have to wait until dawn once you get back to the castle.
* ING-X waits for grunz to show up and prove both of us completely wrong

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 06:03:42 AM »

I timed it last week.  I'm probably off by a few seconds but its around that.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: