ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:20:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inventory overstuffing  (Read 8367 times)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« on: August 14, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »

This may look like a wall of text, but the result of this is being able to get Sold Out on II. You are also able to get other items that you're not allowed to equip on II, or any other slot if you want to. It is a horrible process though, and it is not useful for speedruns.

When you have an item you're not allowed to equip equipped and the game loads an area, the game moves this item into your inventory to prevent you from keeping it. However, I found a way around this, and I call it "Inventory overstuffing".

When your inventory is filled and the game wants to move an unequipable item into your inventory, its first priority is to swap place with the bombs.
If the bombs isn't available in the inventory, it will go after the bombchus instead, trying to swap place with those.
Now for the important part. If you do not have either of those items located anywhere in your inventory, it wont move the unequipable item to your inventory. You will keep it.
I believe the reason for this is because when the inventory is filled, you have alteast 2 items leftover that have to be equipped. So they had no reason to check for more than 2 slots, the bombs and bombchus.

However, it IS possible through glitches to create a workaround for this anti-glitch system.
1. You can fill the inventory with light arrow and ice arrow. This makes it possible to have both bombs and bombchu equipped while the inventory still is filled.
2. Overwrite the bombs and bombchus with bottles using bottle dupe or RBA.

So now that I have explained how the overstuffing glitch works, it is now time to explain how it can be used. I will use the masks as an example. The masks is the easiest items to do this with. I will use the 2nd workaround for simplicity.

1. Turn the child link trade slot item into a bottle using either RBA with blue potion, or by bottle duping over it as child.
2. Bottle dupe over bombs and bombchus.
3. As adult link, equip the child link trade slot item to II. (or any other slot if you want to)
4. Fill your inventory with items so that there isn't a single empty slot left in it.
5. Turn into child link and go grab one of the masks that is available.
6. Turn back into adult link.

The bottle on II should now have reverted into the choosen mask. It will not have moved into your inventory as it had nowhere to place it. The inventory was full, and it couldn't locate the bombs and bombchus.

If you empty one of the slots in the inventory and force the game to load a scene, the mask will instantly move into that slot.

It is sad that this wont be useful for speedruns. I really wanted to find a decently fast way to RBA sold out, as it would help ALOT in the NG+ category.

Also, "- No Mask-" (SOLD OUT) RBA bomb bag and quiver.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:58:06 PM by CloudMax » Logged

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »

RBA - No Mask - (SOLD OUT)

Requirements:
Forest Temple Completed
Have atleast 2 masks unlocked and 1 untraded Mask available
Access to the fishing pond as adult link
Hover boots or Iron Boots
A total of atleast 22 items.

If you do not have 22 items, the easiest way to get a total of 22 items is to get the following items:
Deku Sticks
Deku Nuts
Bombs
Fairy Bow
Din's Fire
Fairy Slingshot
Bombchus
Hookshot
Farore's Wind
Boomerang
Lens of Truth
Magic Beans
Cucco Bottle (Bottle 1#)
Milk Bottle (Bottle 2#)
Ruto Bottle (Bottle 3#)
An Adult Trade Slot Item
Iron Boots

And then RBA these items:
RBA hookshot
RBA Lens of Truth
RBA Red Potion
RBA Fish

And last but not least, Bottle Dupe over Bombchus

This will give you an exact total of 22 items.

About the glitch:
Whenever you load a scene and have an unusable item equipped, the game moves it to the inventory.
When the inventory is filled, the game obviously do not have anywhere to place the item.
So instead it checks if you have bombs in your inventory so that it can swap place with one of them.
The first priority is bombs. If you do not have bombs in the inventory, it will check for bombchus instead and try to swap place with them.
If bombchus isn't available either, it does not have anywhere to place the item, so it just stay where it is.

So basically what we do is we fill up the entire inventory, then make sure that we do not have bombs and bombchus in it. I did bottle dupe over my bombchus. If you have 23 items (only possible through glitches), you'll be able to keep both bombs and bombchus by equipping both of them and still have a full inventory.

Now for the actual glitch that allows you to RBA sold out:
1. Memorize where the child link trade item is located in your inventory as adult link
2. Lend a mask and Bottle Dupe over it
3. Turn into adult link and equip the duped bottle from your last step to II
4. Equip your bombs and bombchus (if you have them)
5. Fill your inventory with the remaining items
6. Turn back into child link and lend an untraded mask
7. Trade the mask
8. Turn into adult link

You should now have "- No Mask -" on II as adult link.

9. Make your way to the fishing pond without moving your bombs and bombchus to the inventory. Also remember to keep the inventory filled.
10. Enter the fishing pond and pay to fish
11. Equip iron/hover boots and bombs/bombchus to X and Y
12. Use restricted items to get damaged while casting the rod
13. Move your iron/hover boots back into the inventory and exit the pond with the fishing rod
14. Enter the lake hylia water and return to the fishing pond
15. Exit the fishing pond again. You should now have deku stick on B.
16. Bottle dupe over your B deku stick

You can now RBA "- No Mask -".

If you want to equip "- No Mask -" as child link, all you have to do is fill your inventory and make sure you do not have either bombs or bombchus in it before trading your mask.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:44:48 PM by CloudMax » Logged

qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 02:39:59 PM »

I saw the video and when you RBA "-Sold Out-" your Goron Bracelet is removed, that means that it is now possible to get Purple Gauntlets outside of master quest right.

I'm gay
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »

I saw the video and when you RBA "-Sold Out-" your Goron Bracelet is removed, that means that it is now possible to get Purple Gauntlets outside of master quest right.

True. As "- No Mask -" is the equivalent to cojiro on the other versions. Cojiro messes around with the strength upgrades.

And I forgot to test to lift the archery guy... How stupid of me. I will repeat the process and test if it still works!

Edit: You can still lift the archery guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiRauNMEpSA

Gonna get epona and gerudo token to see if the rba chest still exists, and what it contains if it does exist.

Edit2: The chest is gone. You can now lift the gerudo instead. Throwing her causes her to start levitate forever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJHdsbzUaYo
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:47:05 PM by CloudMax » Logged

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:58:31 AM »

Man, I need to try all this. Time to start another file again.

Wasn't this possible before by using New Game+ to put the hammer on B?
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »

No because for some reason the rock in front of dodongo's cavern can't be broken with the hammer.

I'm gay
TriforceBrawl3250
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 04:40:10 AM »

well in NG+ Hammer you can get 40 skulltulas, so hypothetically you can get into DC but it's unpractical.

You can't spell devotion without OoT.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:45:23 AM »

cool finds. more reasons to start a new file.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:17 AM »

cool finds. more reasons to start a new file.

Thanks. And it is funny, because I actually had to start a new file just to record the equip - no mask - videos, etc.
That is why I made up a list of the easiest way of getting enough items, because that is what I did myself.

Gonna record a general inventory overstuffing video later today that is focusing on that glitch and not RBA for example. Just a quick video to demonstrate it. I'll look into creating a ZSR page after that if I get time to do so.

V92ify
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »

It's look likes it's awesome Smiley, an use will be purple gantelets easily...

Edit: If we can have hover boots on X as a child, we can do "Any item anywhere as a child" and steal the rod as a child Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:40:04 PM by V92ify » Logged

Youtube account

<RaceBot>: Samura1man was foolish and tried to pull the wool over our eyes !!!
--- sicko has banned ~r:87-94-227-220.bb.dnainternet.fi
*** Samura1man was kicked by sicko (sicko)
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »

It's look likes it's awesome Smiley, an use will be purple gantelets easily...

Edit: If we can have hover boots on X as a child, we can do "Any item anywhere as a child" and steal the rod as a child Smiley

There is a few issues with that whole hover boots on X as child.

It would take forever to get enough items. You need to fill the entire inventory after all.
You must set everything up before getting hover boots, as you can't get them twice.

We only get 1 chance at doing the restricted item glitch. When we move it into the inventory, we can't re-equip it again.
You could always save before this just incase, but it is still tricky.

And there is probably lots of other things that I'm not thinking of. :p

It is possible, but the process is just horrible in all possible ways.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: