ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:06:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zora Mask RBA  (Read 4891 times)
Rariyokuu
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »

All right, I give up, I'm asking for help. I can't figure out for the life of me how you're supposed to get zora's mask on II for equipment RBA. I don't know how to get bottle on B except as an adult, so I'm stumped  Sad. In return, I offer these little bits of information that I've come across:
1.) all items linked to the amounts (such as bottled fish -> deku nut amount) have been moved to point to a single item (like hover boots)
2.) when getting the bottle on B, you don't need to have the bottle on II, it can be on any equippable button. I use Y, since it's closest to B, making it less awkward.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help =D
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »

All right, I give up, I'm asking for help. I can't figure out for the life of me how you're supposed to get zora's mask on II for equipment RBA. I don't know how to get bottle on B except as an adult, so I'm stumped  Sad. In return, I offer these little bits of information that I've come across:
1.) all items linked to the amounts (such as bottled fish -> deku nut amount) have been moved to point to a single item (like hover boots)
2.) when getting the bottle on B, you don't need to have the bottle on II, it can be on any equippable button. I use Y, since it's closest to B, making it less awkward.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help =D

Your information is sadly not accurate.
bottled fish links to hover boots, that is true. But there is other items that links to the amounts now, I have tested to RBA all non-trade quest items and I have added my results to this page:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

There is more information that I have not added yet ofcourse!

And about the bottle not having to be on II, that is actually an obvious thing, as the item you have on II while getting bottle on B decides which item you have that will turn into a bottle.
If you for example have bombs on II when you get bottle on B, the bomb slot will be overwritten with a bottle, just as it is displayed on the page I created.

In order to RBA as young link you need 2 savefiles. You need to have one file where you already have bottle on B. Then you use the "newgame+" glitch I discovered.

To perform this glitch you have to quit the game (saving is not required) while having the fishing rod on B or while riding a horse.
Then when you return to the file screen, create a new file.
The new file will have the item that the earlier file had on B, which in this case is a Bottle.
From here you should be able to RBA as young link if you know how to do it as adult.

Keep in mind that in order to keep the newgame+ item on B you may NEVER die, it will remove the item from B unless it is a sword.
And if you want to save and exit the game, you have to do it at the fishing pond while having fishing rod on B. By saving during that you wont loose the item on your B button.

I hope this help!

Rariyokuu
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »

Thanks, that does help! And I know there are new values, I just meant that the old ones don't work anymore. Now I just need to figure out how to get through the game without using a sword...
Edit: So, now I see that you need to skip the deku tree...unless I'm supposed to beat that whole dungeon using deku sticks instead of a sword O.O . But...I don't see how except the walk while talking, and that is a pain in the asssssss
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:32:49 PM by Rariyokuu » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »

Thanks, that does help! And I know there are new values, I just meant that the old ones don't work anymore. Now I just need to figure out how to get through the game without using a sword...
Edit: So, now I see that you need to skip the deku tree...unless I'm supposed to beat that whole dungeon using deku sticks instead of a sword O.O . But...I don't see how except the walk while talking, and that is a pain in the asssssss

I actually have playthrough on youtube explaining exactly what I do all the way to adult link, you can watch it if you want.
Some basic stuff:
Escape with walking while talking
To get to deku tree without kokiri sword, get zeldas lullaby. Mido will despawn, allowing you to get there.
Use deku sticks to beat the dungeon. you only need a total of about 15 stick in the entire route. If you find it hard to do broken deku stick in dodongos cavern, I suggest getting the deku stick upgrade before you do it, leaving you with 20 sticks insted of my 5 sticks.
Playthrough playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CloudMNintendo?feature=mhee#p/c/08A2758C3516F9D9/0/tZX2dhoXtJk
The entire run is not done yet. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: