ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:23:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 280553 times)
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2012, 06:21:58 AM »

You can't wrong warp if you've used the blue warp before because you need a cutscene to play.

The entrance index list is what I've been using for looking up new wrong warps. The only problem is that in order to figure out which entrance is which, you'd have to try it out on an emulator. 8111A5D2 ???? will take you to any entrance from that table if you exit/fall out of bounds/die as long as there are no cutscenes being played. To figure out which entrance you'd need to set to farore's wind, you more or less use the previous non-cutscene entrance.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:40:37 PM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »

You can't wrong warp if you've used the blue warp before because you need a cutscene to play.

The entrance index list is what I've been using for looking up new wrong warps. The only problem is that in order to figure out which entrance is which, you'd have to try it out on an emulator. 8111A5D2 Huh? will take you to any entrance from that table if you exit/fall out of bounds/die as long as there are no cutscenes being played. To figure out which entrance you'd need to set to farore's wind, you more or less use the previous non-cutscene entrance.
I really don't understand, what do you mean by using an emulator?

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 04:52:29 AM »

I really don't understand, what do you mean by using an emulator?

I mean using an n64 emulator to figure out which entrance value corresponds to the entrance you want to store in farore's wind. The idea is to pick an entrance index so that adding +5 (for DT/DC warps) or +7 (Fire Temp) to that index value causes you to end up at the scene you want.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »

I understand using the index to pair up entrances and warps but how do I use an emulator to find this? Obviously I've used them before but I'm not sure how to utilize it for entry values.

Sorry about all the questions, I really appreciate it though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:08:16 AM by Tom Nook » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »

You can plug the code I posted into pj64 and check out different values.

Braid
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2012, 02:04:24 AM »

Thanks mzx =]

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »

To BA for value higher than 50 in original OOT you would use zora mask, does that still work the same in OOT3D? If not what is different?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »

You can still do it in 3DS, but zora's mask is replaced with the gerudo mask. OoT3D rba is a tad different, but you can find a table here on the super secret OoT3D site

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

Braid
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »

Tips for ISG w/ bomb? Trying to practice Shadow Early (hard trick is hard)

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:50 AM »

Tips for ISG w/ bomb? Trying to practice Shadow Early (hard trick is hard)

You can either mash (which is involves a bit of luck that you hit a on the right frame) or you can learn how to time it. If you want to time it just look for when Link's Sword starts to pull back towards him and press A and you should get it, although I don't use a CRT TV so the timing may be a bit different for you.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

You can either mash (which is involves a bit of luck that you hit a on the right frame) or you can learn how to time it. If you want to time it just look for when Link's Sword starts to pull back towards him and press A and you should get it, although I don't use a CRT TV so the timing may be a bit different for you.

that method of isg doesnt work in OOT3D. I would try replicating this guy as much as you can http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4vh10tf_g

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »

Allow me to rephrase my original question to what it should have been. (ahem)

I am trying to replicate a video I saw a few days ago in which a guy gets ISG with a bomb. Does anyone have any tips for this?

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »

Hello, I'm kind of new to the 3DS scene, but I do also run any% on console and I used to run MST, so terminology is nothing new to me. I'm going to start running any% on the 3DS, but I have some questions.

1.What are the requirements for NG+? I don't mean 'how do you do it', I mean, how can I be sure that the new file has FW on B? I just tried it, got FW on B on my main file, got on a horse, then quit the game without saving and started a new file. But what about if I die in the new file? Can I save and quit, will FW still be there? If I delete the file, will FW still be on B if I make a new one? And what if I have two files, one with FW on B, and then make an NG+ file? Will I have FW on B, or can there only be one file?

2.Is there ANY way to test if I have FW on B really early on, or do I just have to wait until I get magic?

Other than that, the only other random questions I have is how to do ISG and superslides (or whatever the 3DS equivalent is.) I tried to milk the 3DS ZSR pages as much as I could for info, but there isn't a whole lot there right now. Thanks in advance for answering Smiley
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »

1.You can quit without saving. Save and dying makes you lose FW.
2.Tapping b makes the can't use sound effect when you have FW if you dont have FW no sound is played. The reason being that you don't have magic.

Hess: hold the circle pad in a southwest/east direction slightly and Link should start to spin around, then hold L and take a bomb out, just before it explodes let go of L and Link should start slide then you just hold L again and voilĂ  youre slding.
Another thing to learn is hess turning to do it pause the game and change the direction to southwest/east
A good way to know if youre good at sliding is to slide from darunias room to goron city entrance its fun.

Sorry about this wall of text and good luck with the runs iam trying to do one myself too. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:44:00 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »

Good luck guys, you'll need it ;]

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: