ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 09:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 286053 times)
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2012, 03:02:24 AM »

so to get a ng+ with farores wind i need to know how to get it on b first. the ba page says i need longshot on II i think if i understand correctly. so what i can do is play through, get longshot, get bottle on b, then go back and forth with longshot on II? and i have farores on b?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »

so to get a ng+ with farores wind i need to know how to get it on b first. the ba page says i need longshot on II i think if i understand correctly. so what i can do is play through, get longshot, get bottle on b, then go back and forth with longshot on II? and i have farores on b?
I do not use that method.
Go to this page and check which item amount is linked to what: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure
Then go to this page and look up the item you want: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/item-chart

For example, Farore's Wind is 13. To get it you could place Bottled Bugs on II as child link, then as an adult, set your arrow count to 13, as bottled bugs is linked to arrows.
Get bottle on B, turn into child, then back into adult. It'll give you Farore's Wind on B.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 03:11:42 AM »

Hmm is there anything that you can do to increase the consistency of a broken deku stick? this has actually turned out to be a problem for me in lizalfos fights, and then i dont have enough for king dodongo. If anything i think theres a spot or two with guarenteed deku stick drops i pass in DC i just have to find them.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 05:24:50 AM »

the scrub in the dodongo room will sell them to you 15 rupees each. if you buy one, leave, and go back in, he will be there again surrounded by 3 rupees, so if you needed 2 sticks you could get them from him if you had 27 rupees.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 05:43:20 AM »

Hmm is there anything that you can do to increase the consistency of a broken deku stick? this has actually turned out to be a problem for me in lizalfos fights, and then i dont have enough for king dodongo. If anything i think theres a spot or two with guarenteed deku stick drops i pass in DC i just have to find them.

- L Target Lizard
- Move Link in so that he is as close to the Lizalfos as possible, basically inside him
- Jumpslash
- Backflip as soon as you can

The backflip is either me being wierd or i think it cancels Link putting it away

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »

- L Target Lizard
- Move Link in so that he is as close to the Lizalfos as possible, basically inside him
- Jumpslash
- Backflip as soon as you can

The backflip is either me being wierd or i think it cancels Link putting it away

No backflip required, and for the lizalfos, the best thing to do is to sidehop to avoid them, a backflip is a extremely bad move against them, since they will hit you anyway if they do their jump attack.

To get get broken deku stick of off an enemy, you simply have to walk against the enemy and jumpslash it.

I actually mention that in the list of "glitches" we use in the run. I'll add different tricks and glitches to the list and explain them so that everyone can do the route optimally using all the tricks that is available in the route, including bombslide, and entering the castle with just 1 box.

gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »

Ok thanks. I wont get sticks from the scrub though poodleskirt because i wont get the shield. Plus i didnt know you could get in the castle with only 1 box without a sword, and at that point we have no deku sticks yet, how do you do it?

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »

Ok thanks. I wont get sticks from the scrub though poodleskirt because i wont get the shield. Plus i didnt know you could get in the castle with only 1 box without a sword, and at that point we have no deku sticks yet, how do you do it?
You make a accurate jump straight toward the waterfall with just 1 box pushed as far as possible without making it fall down and link will make an additional jump at the end to make it over.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2012, 05:01:11 AM »

gamestable: You can beat the scrub by using a deku nut. That is why their exist deku scrubs that sell deku shields Smiley
Serris
Deku Scrub

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »

Is there a list of all possible Bombchu sources in OoT and/or MQ somewhere?
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2012, 06:38:33 PM »

i forgot what is th event that triggers the running man for the bunny hood sidequest. do i need to beat the child dungeons for it?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 12:06:22 AM »

i forgot what is th event that triggers the running man for the bunny hood sidequest. do i need to beat the child dungeons for it?
yeah or rba the stones. (if thats possible on OoT 3D)

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2012, 09:14:27 PM »

We can't RBA stones in OoT3D before obtaining them. (as it requires saw, which requires adult link)

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oc038AZ1Fc&list=UUML2lqETm0j44Xh13rght3A&feature=plcp (Read description)

49 Arrows for Cojiro on B filestart, there may be a Kokiri girl who will respond to it (if not all of them), because there is a Kokiri girl who accepts the Cojiro as an adult. Sorry I can't test this now, but maybe get Poachers Saw as an item for child link.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2012, 11:22:57 PM »

You cannot due a wrong warp if you have already used the bluewarp before, right?

I just tried Hyrule Castle as Adult for a while, I know my timing wasn't off, but I've certainly used the Deku Tree Bluewarp. It was also MQ, if that matters.

Edit: I am also wondering if there are other known Hyrule Castle as Adult methods/locations besides Twins House -> Kokiri Forest | Deku Tree, I cannot make sense of the Wrong Warp chart in our OoT section.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:27:39 PM by Tom Nook » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: