ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 280131 times)
Dax
Deku Scrub

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »

Alright, thanks. <3
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »

isn't the gauntlets slot controlled by the egg alone? i don't see a reason to do item overstuffing unless you want to RBA the quiver to avoid getting the bow.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »

isn't the gauntlets slot controlled by the egg alone? i don't see a reason to do item overstuffing unless you want to RBA the quiver to avoid getting the bow.

Sold out (- No Mask -) affect  bomb bag, quiver & strength upgrade.
But the strength upgrade values is so high, it always give you blank as a result.
Pocket Egg just mix things up and gives you differently colored gauntlets depending on your actual strength upgrade, which it doesn't control.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

RBA on - No Mask - will result in you not having either bracelet, or gold/silver gauntlets. It clears the slot because their values are to high.
Which as a result will give you purple gauntlets when performing RBA on pocket egg.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:01:49 AM by CloudMax » Logged

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2011, 03:24:22 AM »

oh i get it now. i forgot that the pocket egg modifies part of the upgrade and that the other item does it also (i'm so used to RBAing just that item for black/purple gauntlets)

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
TomNook120
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2011, 12:13:14 AM »

There's a glitch to clip through a wall if there is a vine/chainlink or something to scale a wall is next to it. i'm wondering how to do this, kazooie does it in this video here and it hasn't been confirmed for 3D yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv9rJuzvW7g
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »

that was the crooked cartridge trick on n64. it is only possible there because it involves pulling the cart from the side to make the game glitch a bit and go though some stuff.
that isn't possible on GC, VC or 3DS versions.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
V92ify
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 10:39:34 AM »

that was the crooked cartridge trick on n64. it is only possible there because it involves pulling the cart from the side to make the game glitch a bit and go though some stuff.
Have you tried to do it on 3DS?Huh??

Youtube account

<RaceBot>: Samura1man was foolish and tried to pull the wool over our eyes !!!
--- sicko has banned ~r:87-94-227-220.bb.dnainternet.fi
*** Samura1man was kicked by sicko (sicko)
TomNook120
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »

Thanks! I figured something was up because it looked like he didn't do anything but go through it. It's looking like Child Shadow Temple 3D won't work through that method I did the cartdridge before I should have known Smiley. I'll keep searching for a way though, I don't have any leads for other child in adult temples either, besides fire which has been done
TomNook120
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2011, 02:01:39 AM »

What's the RBA arrow value for Hover Boots? And do they work on our child link? If they do, I'll have us a hyrule castle OoB skip Cheesy
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »

What's the RBA arrow value for Hover Boots? And do they work on our child link? If they do, I'll have us a hyrule castle OoB skip Cheesy

Hover boots as child link freezes the console when you try to hover.
If that wasn't the case, we would use hover boots in NG+. It would save a several minutes in dodongos cavern, and it would render slingshot completely useless, since you'd skip that part of dodongos cavern, & it would be easier to get odd mushroom as child.
We could also skip the cucco to wake talon up.
Skipping half jabu jabu would be easy as pie since you can just walk across the gap.

And I am probably missing some stuff. =P

So yeah, if it was possible, it would be easy as pie to speedrun the childlink part of NG+.

Sadly it isn't. =(

Anyway, when you want to BA items, just use these 2 pages:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/bottle-adventure
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/item-chart

As you can see on the bottle adventure page, to BA hoverboots, just place bottled fish on II.

TomNook120
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »

The console freezes? I attempted to hookshot with child
link froze, everything else was fine. He was going to grab the hookshot from the hip, & just stopped :/I was looking for an OoB in hyrule castle & one is almost accesable with megaflip, hoverboots would do it just fine. I'm gonna continue testing it, it's most likely that I have the wrong angle 
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »

The console freezes? I attempted to hookshot with child
link froze, everything else was fine. He was going to grab the hookshot from the hip, & just stopped :/I was looking for an OoB in hyrule castle & one is almost accesable with megaflip, hoverboots would do it just fine. I'm gonna continue testing it, it's most likely that I have the wrong angle 

Yes, it freezes.
The hookshot freeze is something entirely different.
Using hookshot as a child, or using the fishing rod outside of the fishing pond, etc. causes link to freeze when he tries to pull out the item.

Other things like trying to hover as child link, exploding a bombchu out of bounds or loading to many actors at once causes the console to freeze.

Anyway, why do you want to get OoB at hyrule castle? I do not see the point in trying to do that.

TomNook120
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

Pass guards and hopefully skip malon and talon somehow, but it seems it's just barely out of reach. It would be on the hill area the the right of the entrance point, and on the right up the first vine
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »

Pass guards and hopefully skip malon and talon somehow, but it seems it's just barely out of reach. It would be on the hill area the the right of the entrance point, and on the right up the first vine

But we can't get explosives before visiting zelda. So we can't skip them even if we get OoB.

TomNook120
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »

Which is why I wanted hoverboots XD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: