ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 08:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 286152 times)
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »

i have a question.

i've heard about climbing a seam in gerudo valley to get across the chasm with no bombs and just a cucco but i can't find a vid of this anywhere. can anyone get a video of this so i have an idea how to do it? also, is it harder or easier than the megaflip + damage boost method to get into the fortress as child?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 09:59:14 AM »

i have a question.

i've heard about climbing a seam in gerudo valley to get across the chasm with no bombs and just a cucco but i can't find a vid of this anywhere. can anyone get a video of this so i have an idea how to do it? also, is it harder or easier than the megaflip + damage boost method to get into the fortress as child?

I consider it to be much harder. You have to climb the seam that is to the far right of the bridge. If you fall down from the seam to the left, you end up in the river at the very bottom. It is a tricky seam to climb, and doing it with a cucco is much harder.

The seam is much harder than lets say the seam in gerudos fortress, and if you fall down to the left, you do not get a second chance for quite some time.
And if you use a cucco, you're not allowed to align yourself using the camera or an item.

Even if you do it with bombs, I would say that it is harder than the megaflip + damage boost method, so I recommend just doing it the old way.

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »

hm i see. it was a lot more complicated than i thought.

i'll look into the old method since i'm getting better at megaflips lately.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 01:23:49 AM »

Can someone explain to me how to keep a Bottle on B if you Save / Die? The explanation on the OOT3D page isn't well descriptive.. Thanks Smiley
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »

Can someone explain to me how to keep a Bottle on B if you Save / Die? The explanation on the OOT3D page isn't well descriptive.. Thanks Smiley

If you've never equipped a sword through the gear menu and die/save while having a bottle on B, you'll loose it.
If you have equipped a sword earlier you will get a deku stick on B when you die or save. (unless you save in water, which will temporarily disable the B button until you reset the game or die, which will enable the B button again)

HOWEVER, if you save while being mounted on a horse or while in the fishing pond and have fishing rod on B, you will keep the bottle on B.

So in other words, the effects are different if you've equipped a sword before getting the bottle on B. Note that drawing the master sword in ToT doesn't count as equipping the sword.

The description on the ZSR page is as descriptive as it can be. It explains EXACTLY what happens in all different scenarios from what I know.

thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »

This may seem like restating what happened above, but I just want to clarify because it hasn't worked for me.

If i start a new game with hammer on B as child and head to the fishing pond, where i pay for fishing and save while rod is on B, then go die doing something, then if I don't save, then when I reload the save from the main menu, I should respawn at Link's house with hammer on B, correct?.

I am asking this because I had a file with hammer on B that I was prepping for beating fire temple as child, and I went into the fishing pond, started fishing, cast the line, and saved. then i restarted the game and had nothing on my b button/disabled b button when I loaded.

also some questions regarding YL in adult link dungeons.

since you can spawn poes by pulling graves, the shadow early method of poe hovering should work with YL correct? Just asking because I am making a max% child file and I am very interested in whether or not shadow crashes when YL steps in the blue warp, and YL in AL dungeons alltogether.

tyia
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 06:46:40 PM by thundrio » Logged

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
markallen1988
Regular Guay

I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.

Email
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:56 PM »

since you can spawn poes by pulling graves, the shadow early method of poe hovering should work with YL correct? Just asking because I am making a max% child file and I am very interested in whether or not shadow crashes when YL steps in the blue warp, and YL in AL dungeons alltogether.

tyia

I don't see why Shadow early that way with YL wouldn't work. The only problem is, in order to beat the dungeon, you have to make it past the silver rupee room with the invisible spikes and ledges. There isn't any way to hover in that room, so I don't think it's possible. You could maybe complete the dungeon as adult link and not step into the warp, savewarp then come back as a child and warp to the room before with Farore's Wind and trigger the cutscene with YL. But I don't think that you can set a warp point in the future and warp there from the past.

This is all speculation, I don't own the game. But I know you can't complete the silver rupee room as YL without hovering.

thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:13 PM »

I'v actually tried beating the temple as AL and then warping back in as YL, but as in oot64 you cant use AL FF spots as YL (Seeing as how there were a few temples that could be entered by YL naturally). I ended up getting stuck at the boat, as i can not see a way to climb on to the boat, although I will probably try it more once my maxchild file gets farther.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2011, 10:55:47 AM »

This may seem like restating what happened above, but I just want to clarify because it hasn't worked for me.

If i start a new game with hammer on B as child and head to the fishing pond, where i pay for fishing and save while rod is on B, then go die doing something, then if I don't save, then when I reload the save from the main menu, I should respawn at Link's house with hammer on B, correct?.

I am asking this because I had a file with hammer on B that I was prepping for beating fire temple as child, and I went into the fishing pond, started fishing, cast the line, and saved. then i restarted the game and had nothing on my b button/disabled b button when I loaded.

That is very odd. It has always worked for me, and everyone on youtube that I explained it to.
You save while in the pond and have rod on B. The next time you load your file, it will still have the item on B.
I do this all the time, mostly when I create premade files to record different stuff like for example when I did the mushroom child RBA video.
I just loaded a file that had bottle on B from earlier.

I have never encountered any problems with this. It has always worked.
The same goes for while riding on a horse.

=/

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 01:14:58 AM »

Do you guys think it's possible to skip Gerudo's Token AND Requiem of Spirit. I know you need either one to get to Spirit Temple as Adult but i had a theory. The Seam / Megaflip / Unload Lower Gerudo's fortress, can make us skip both of these either requirements.

Now to do the Unload Method, we need to bypass that guard, who (if were adult) will capture you. I assume you can bombslide, through the tunnel? leading to the seam. Now you can megaflip, the only thing making me worried about this part is if the guard who is watching the entrance to the tunnel is still loaded. If she isnt, we can go right on through the gate and into HW, Hover boots over the quick sand, and then just go through desert.

This obviously means Spirit will be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th temple entered, because you need Hover Boots and Fairy's Bow for Spirit Temple.

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »

Do you guys think it's possible to skip Gerudo's Token AND Requiem of Spirit. I know you need either one to get to Spirit Temple as Adult but i had a theory. The Seam / Megaflip / Unload Lower Gerudo's fortress, can make us skip both of these either requirements.

Now to do the Unload Method, we need to bypass that guard, who (if were adult) will capture you. I assume you can bombslide, through the tunnel? leading to the seam. Now you can megaflip, the only thing making me worried about this part is if the guard who is watching the entrance to the tunnel is still loaded. If she isnt, we can go right on through the gate and into HW, Hover boots over the quick sand, and then just go through desert.

This obviously means Spirit will be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th temple entered, because you need Hover Boots and Fairy's Bow for Spirit Temple.

Possible.

You use remote control epona inside of gerudo's fortress. You navigate epona to the upper section of the area, then press A to get ported to epona, so that you get to the upper area of the fortress.

Now load the upper section of the fortress so that the lower one is unloaded.

And when the upper one is loaded you can either use the megaflip method to get to the lower one while it is unloaded, or use epona to get ported to the lower one while it is unloaded.

You can now walk through the gate that leads to the desert.

That is one way of doing it.

I think the only way of getting to the upper section without getting caught is using epona.

Requirements: epona, bomb & shield.

Dax
Deku Scrub

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »

Is there any way to get into the bottom of the well with just the megaton hammer on B(yay newgame+)? It'd be nice if we could, since getting 40 gold skulltulas takes forever to get the bombchus.

I'm trying to eventually get purple gauntlets on the main quest, for those who are wondering. Not speedrunning or anything. And I don't want the Song of Storms either. Tongue
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:18:26 AM by Dax » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »

Is there any way to get into the bottom of the well with just the megaton hammer on B(yay newgame+)? It'd be nice if we could, since getting 40 gold skulltulas takes forever to get the bombchus.

I'm trying to eventually get purple gauntlets on the main quest, for those who are wondering. Not speedrunning or anything. And I don't want the Song of Storms either. Tongue

Nope, we can't. I tried that when we first found NG+. I wanted to see if you could destroy the pile of bones in BotW to get chus. But then I figured that it isn't possible to even enter BotW early without sword. (at least we've not found a way to do it yet)

And you can get purple gauntlets with the help of inventory overstuffing if I remember it right.
I think Sold Out RBA removes your bracelet, which then allows you to get purple gauntlets.

Dax
Deku Scrub

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »

If I do the sold out RBA, would it be possible to get the gauntlets on a save that's already beat the game and has the Biggoron's Sword? That'd save me a lot of time of having to beat the child dungeons again. XD
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »

If I do the sold out RBA, would it be possible to get the gauntlets on a save that's already beat the game and has the Biggoron's Sword? That'd save me a lot of time of having to beat the child dungeons again. XD

You still need to RBA the egg to get colored gauntlets, so it is not possible if you have biggoron's sword already.
It should take less than 2 hours to create a file with enough items to do inventory overstuffing, so it is not really that big of a deal.

Just check the overstuffing thread and it should have a list in it, which tells you how to easily setup a file ready for inventory overstuffing.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: