Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 325196 times)

ahou

• Regular Guay
Re: Ocarina of Time 3D Questions & Answer
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2011, 08:03:48 AM »

Maybe with boomerang? somehow? :P
It clips through everything on its way back, so maybe if you can make it pick up the skulltula.
Or maybe a jumpslash with the hammer or something will give it to you.
Jumpslash was definitely not possible. I can't rule boomerang out completely, but i tried quite a bit, and it certainly did not seem possible.

KRSkull

• Deku Scrub
Re: OoT3D: Questions & Answer
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

hello, i just have a simple question to ask: if i preform any of these glitches, is there any chance that i could break the game card or the 3DS system? thank you for your time

ahou

• Regular Guay
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »

hello, i just have a simple question to ask: if i preform any of these glitches, is there any chance that i could break the game card or the 3DS system? thank you for your time
No.

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »

The only way to possibly break any cartridge base videogame (other than physical damage) would be to corrupt the save data to the point where loading the game data itself causes the game to crash. From my personal experience, there are no currently known glitches that will allow you to do this, but through using cheating devices/save generation it is possible to do (at least on the 64 version) by either obtaining too many heart containers (causing too many 2d sprites to be drawn at once on the file select screen), or activate the disk drive flag on all saves (causes the game to crash when trying to access the file in any way).

Disk based games should never break from glitching since their save data is stored on the console.
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 04:39:11 AM »

The only way to possibly break any cartridge base videogame (other than physical damage) would be to corrupt the save data to the point where loading the game data itself causes the game to crash. From my personal experience, there are no currently known glitches that will allow you to do this, but through using cheating devices/save generation it is possible to do (at least on the 64 version) by either obtaining too many heart containers (causing too many 2d sprites to be drawn at once on the file select screen), or activate the disk drive flag on all saves (causes the game to crash when trying to access the file in any way).

Disk based games should never break from glitching since their save data is stored on the console.
I THINK it is possible to make your savefile corrupt on the 3ds by duping to many heart pieces and saving that game, but I'm not entirely sure.
I mean, the game crashes when you try to do different stuff in the game when you have to many heart containers (Like interacting, using items, loading new areas, etc.), I do not know what would happen if you try to access the file selection screen when you have 29 heart containers. I can imgaine that the game would crash. It is not really something that anyone wants to try though.

I would not be surprised if the game wipes the saves on your game if it gets corrupt either. This would actually prove to be useful, since it normally isn't possible to wipe all the data from the cartridge, which means that once you unlock master quest, you can't remove it.

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2011, 06:06:57 AM »

I THINK it is possible to make your savefile corrupt on the 3ds by duping to many heart pieces and saving that game, but I'm not entirely sure.
I mean, the game crashes when you try to do different stuff in the game when you have to many heart containers (Like interacting, using items, loading new areas, etc.), I do not know what would happen if you try to access the file selection screen when you have 29 heart containers. I can imgaine that the game would crash. It is not really something that anyone wants to try though.

I would not be surprised if the game wipes the saves on your game if it gets corrupt either. This would actually prove to be useful, since it normally isn't possible to wipe all the data from the cartridge, which means that once you unlock master quest, you can't remove it.
I duped 3 more hearts to go off the screen, and they work completly fine in every aspect. I'm not sure if there is a cap to how many before it crashes/annexs itself

You can press A - B - X - Y all at the same time on the 3DS screen when you load the game to wipe your saves, but does it uninstall MQ? Check out some other forums or something for that
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:08:55 AM by Tom Nook »

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2011, 07:02:32 AM »

You need more than 20 heart containers for the game to act weird, having 3 additional heart pieces will not do anything.

also, I wasn't aware that you could remove save files on 3ds? It will most likely remove master quest aswell then.
I guess that also means that a corrupt save file won't be a problem.

Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2011, 01:22:48 PM »

So I got OoT 3D for Christmas and am wondering if this is new. I found an angle to get the clip to the water temple early like what aleckermit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvJKmuSFbM&feature=plcp&context=C32fe793UDOEgsToPDskI9UMasxttVUIBMTbB4pQo7) uses, except you don't need a bomb. Is the fact that you can clip there without a bomb/explosive new?
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »

Yes it's new

Norkix

• Special Guay
Re: Ocarina of Time 3D Questions & Answer
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2012, 09:31:39 PM »

Is it even possible to get 40 skulltulas with hammer? I've got 39 atm, and as far as i can tell, the only remaining ones i can get are either in the well (requires equipping a sword), or from the ground outside dodongo's, which is covered by the boulder.
Can you please make a list of the 39? I have 32 and can't find anymore!

Edit: I got the 39. can't believe I forgot the fucking soil spiders of all things! Trying to make BotW with hammer possible with cucco dive and frame perfect JS. Cloud told me boulder clip is impossible though...

Also, has anyone tried TSC past Darunia Statue for early Double Magic? I've been trying to do it with damage knockback during the clip, but I can't get the timing. Sorry I'm such a noob...

Edit 2: So cloud are you also gonna tell me that darunia statue clip is impossible and everybody's been doing that one forever as well? sorry if this comes out as snarky, I'm just asking for the advice of someone better than me at the game ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:13:45 PM by SamusXLink »
11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »

so to get a ng+ with farores wind i need to know how to get it on b first. the ba page says i need longshot on II i think if i understand correctly. so what i can do is play through, get longshot, get bottle on b, then go back and forth with longshot on II? and i have farores on b?
when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2012, 11:49:45 PM »

so to get a ng+ with farores wind i need to know how to get it on b first. the ba page says i need longshot on II i think if i understand correctly. so what i can do is play through, get longshot, get bottle on b, then go back and forth with longshot on II? and i have farores on b?
I do not use that method.
Go to this page and check which item amount is linked to what: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure
Then go to this page and look up the item you want: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/item-chart

For example, Farore's Wind is 13. To get it you could place Bottled Bugs on II as child link, then as an adult, set your arrow count to 13, as bottled bugs is linked to arrows.
Get bottle on B, turn into child, then back into adult. It'll give you Farore's Wind on B.

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2012, 07:11:42 PM »

Hmm is there anything that you can do to increase the consistency of a broken deku stick? this has actually turned out to be a problem for me in lizalfos fights, and then i dont have enough for king dodongo. If anything i think theres a spot or two with guarenteed deku stick drops i pass in DC i just have to find them.

poodleskirt

• Regular Guay
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »

the scrub in the dodongo room will sell them to you 15 rupees each. if you buy one, leave, and go back in, he will be there again surrounded by 3 rupees, so if you needed 2 sticks you could get them from him if you had 27 rupees.

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »

Hmm is there anything that you can do to increase the consistency of a broken deku stick? this has actually turned out to be a problem for me in lizalfos fights, and then i dont have enough for king dodongo. If anything i think theres a spot or two with guarenteed deku stick drops i pass in DC i just have to find them.

- L Target Lizard
- Move Link in so that he is as close to the Lizalfos as possible, basically inside him
- Jumpslash
- Backflip as soon as you can

The backflip is either me being wierd or i think it cancels Link putting it away

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 01:16:44 AM »

- L Target Lizard
- Move Link in so that he is as close to the Lizalfos as possible, basically inside him
- Jumpslash
- Backflip as soon as you can

The backflip is either me being wierd or i think it cancels Link putting it away

No backflip required, and for the lizalfos, the best thing to do is to sidehop to avoid them, a backflip is a extremely bad move against them, since they will hit you anyway if they do their jump attack.

To get get broken deku stick of off an enemy, you simply have to walk against the enemy and jumpslash it.

I actually mention that in the list of "glitches" we use in the run. I'll add different tricks and glitches to the list and explain them so that everyone can do the route optimally using all the tricks that is available in the route, including bombslide, and entering the castle with just 1 box.

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »

Ok thanks. I wont get sticks from the scrub though poodleskirt because i wont get the shield. Plus i didnt know you could get in the castle with only 1 box without a sword, and at that point we have no deku sticks yet, how do you do it?

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »

Ok thanks. I wont get sticks from the scrub though poodleskirt because i wont get the shield. Plus i didnt know you could get in the castle with only 1 box without a sword, and at that point we have no deku sticks yet, how do you do it?
You make a accurate jump straight toward the waterfall with just 1 box pushed as far as possible without making it fall down and link will make an additional jump at the end to make it over.

poodleskirt

• Regular Guay
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »

gamestable: You can beat the scrub by using a deku nut. That is why their exist deku scrubs that sell deku shields :)

Serris

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:33 AM »

Is there a list of all possible Bombchu sources in OoT and/or MQ somewhere?

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
  • move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2012, 10:38:33 AM »

i forgot what is th event that triggers the running man for the bunny hood sidequest. do i need to beat the child dungeons for it?
"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

bluephantom340

• Special Guay
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

i forgot what is th event that triggers the running man for the bunny hood sidequest. do i need to beat the child dungeons for it?
yeah or rba the stones. (if thats possible on OoT 3D)
[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »

We can't RBA stones in OoT3D before obtaining them. (as it requires saw, which requires adult link)

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oc038AZ1Fc&list=UUML2lqETm0j44Xh13rght3A&feature=plcp (Read description)

49 Arrows for Cojiro on B filestart, there may be a Kokiri girl who will respond to it (if not all of them), because there is a Kokiri girl who accepts the Cojiro as an adult. Sorry I can't test this now, but maybe get Poachers Saw as an item for child link.

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »

You cannot due a wrong warp if you have already used the bluewarp before, right?

I just tried Hyrule Castle as Adult for a while, I know my timing wasn't off, but I've certainly used the Deku Tree Bluewarp. It was also MQ, if that matters.

Edit: I am also wondering if there are other known Hyrule Castle as Adult methods/locations besides Twins House -> Kokiri Forest | Deku Tree, I cannot make sense of the Wrong Warp chart in our OoT section.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:27:39 PM by Tom Nook »

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »

You can't wrong warp if you've used the blue warp before because you need a cutscene to play.

The entrance index list is what I've been using for looking up new wrong warps. The only problem is that in order to figure out which entrance is which, you'd have to try it out on an emulator. 8111A5D2 ???? will take you to any entrance from that table if you exit/fall out of bounds/die as long as there are no cutscenes being played. To figure out which entrance you'd need to set to farore's wind, you more or less use the previous non-cutscene entrance.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:40:37 AM by mzxrules »
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »

You can't wrong warp if you've used the blue warp before because you need a cutscene to play.

The entrance index list is what I've been using for looking up new wrong warps. The only problem is that in order to figure out which entrance is which, you'd have to try it out on an emulator. 8111A5D2 ???? will take you to any entrance from that table if you exit/fall out of bounds/die as long as there are no cutscenes being played. To figure out which entrance you'd need to set to farore's wind, you more or less use the previous non-cutscene entrance.
I really don't understand, what do you mean by using an emulator?

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »

I really don't understand, what do you mean by using an emulator?

I mean using an n64 emulator to figure out which entrance value corresponds to the entrance you want to store in farore's wind. The idea is to pick an entrance index so that adding +5 (for DT/DC warps) or +7 (Fire Temp) to that index value causes you to end up at the scene you want.
Braid

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »

I understand using the index to pair up entrances and warps but how do I use an emulator to find this? Obviously I've used them before but I'm not sure how to utilize it for entry values.

Sorry about all the questions, I really appreciate it though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:08:16 AM by Tom Nook »

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:56 AM »

You can plug the code I posted into pj64 and check out different values.
Braid

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 06:04:24 PM »

Thanks mzx =]

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »

To BA for value higher than 50 in original OOT you would use zora mask, does that still work the same in OOT3D? If not what is different?

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »

You can still do it in 3DS, but zora's mask is replaced with the gerudo mask. OoT3D rba is a tad different, but you can find a table here on the super secret OoT3D site

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure
Braid

Norkix

• Special Guay
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2012, 02:24:05 AM »

Tips for ISG w/ bomb? Trying to practice Shadow Early (hard trick is hard)

D U F I

• Regular Guay
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2012, 03:46:50 AM »

Tips for ISG w/ bomb? Trying to practice Shadow Early (hard trick is hard)

You can either mash (which is involves a bit of luck that you hit a on the right frame) or you can learn how to time it. If you want to time it just look for when Link's Sword starts to pull back towards him and press A and you should get it, although I don't use a CRT TV so the timing may be a bit different for you.

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »

You can either mash (which is involves a bit of luck that you hit a on the right frame) or you can learn how to time it. If you want to time it just look for when Link's Sword starts to pull back towards him and press A and you should get it, although I don't use a CRT TV so the timing may be a bit different for you.

that method of isg doesnt work in OOT3D. I would try replicating this guy as much as you can http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4vh10tf_g

Norkix

• Special Guay
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »

Allow me to rephrase my original question to what it should have been. (ahem)

I am trying to replicate a video I saw a few days ago in which a guy gets ISG with a bomb. Does anyone have any tips for this?

TaylorTotFTW

• Regular Guay
  • TeamTopSpeed
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »

Hello, I'm kind of new to the 3DS scene, but I do also run any% on console and I used to run MST, so terminology is nothing new to me. I'm going to start running any% on the 3DS, but I have some questions.

1.What are the requirements for NG+? I don't mean 'how do you do it', I mean, how can I be sure that the new file has FW on B? I just tried it, got FW on B on my main file, got on a horse, then quit the game without saving and started a new file. But what about if I die in the new file? Can I save and quit, will FW still be there? If I delete the file, will FW still be on B if I make a new one? And what if I have two files, one with FW on B, and then make an NG+ file? Will I have FW on B, or can there only be one file?

2.Is there ANY way to test if I have FW on B really early on, or do I just have to wait until I get magic?

Other than that, the only other random questions I have is how to do ISG and superslides (or whatever the 3DS equivalent is.) I tried to milk the 3DS ZSR pages as much as I could for info, but there isn't a whole lot there right now. Thanks in advance for answering :)

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »

1.You can quit without saving. Save and dying makes you lose FW.
2.Tapping b makes the can't use sound effect when you have FW if you dont have FW no sound is played. The reason being that you don't have magic.

Hess: hold the circle pad in a southwest/east direction slightly and Link should start to spin around, then hold L and take a bomb out, just before it explodes let go of L and Link should start slide then you just hold L again and voilą youre slding.
Another thing to learn is hess turning to do it pause the game and change the direction to southwest/east
A good way to know if youre good at sliding is to slide from darunias room to goron city entrance its fun.

Sorry about this wall of text and good luck with the runs iam trying to do one myself too. :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:44:00 AM by Pedalpowertoast »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

Nook

• Special Guay
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2012, 11:04:31 AM »

Good luck guys, you'll need it ;]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12