ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:54:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 288339 times)
Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »

Hey everyone,
I'd like a bit of help to perform the forest escape using TSC kind of consistently
I tried a few methods I found on youtube but I managed to do them only once in a while and with a lot of tries
Would you have a method to recommend ? and why ?

Is there something more I need to know to perform this trick like being very fast at a very precise moment otherwise it won't work ?
Should I mash the B button ? And then the A button ?
Or is it better to time them to be more consistent ?

Firstly, remember that you can practice using the A button instead of Navi. I assume you know that already. =P

As for the angle: standing to the left of the stone with the warp, and facing away from the water (ready to TSC), the more you face to the left the better, but you must still hit your sword on the stone block to prevent Link from going forward at each slash and to get TSC to actually teleport you backwards.
You should also stand as close to the water as possible without falling in when you slash. This can be annoying to get right, as standing too close will make you falll down into the water when you slash and then you have to get back up and reposition yourself.

Also, when actually escaping the forest, I always do a couple of practice A button TSCs to get the feel of the correct position before doing it with Navi. Obviously this isn't suitable for a run but it's great if you're practicing or just having fun with glitches.

As for mashing or not, the timing is pretty lenient, since all you need to do is slash 3 times in a row, then sheath your sword. Mashing usually works for me if I can't be bothered to time it, but both methods shouldn't be too hard.

Hope this helps. And as Ben said, practice a lot.

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »

Ummmmmm he wasn't talking about navi dive... He was talking about TSC escape. You know when you clip past the guard?

Pretty sure no one who reads the 3D forums knows or cares about RBA to this extent. If you want to know how to do these things it would be best to just try to find out yourself not that we are not willing to help, we just do not know. Need to know about tricks that have applications for speedruns or even bingo and I'm you man though Tongue
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:29:16 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #392 on: August 14, 2013, 01:19:15 AM »

How do I get the Giant's Wallet (500 Rupees) on Slot 4 in the Gear section?

Pretty sure you can't. I've never played oot3d, but knowing what I know about RBA from the original oot, what shows up in your left-side equipment has nothing to do with the actual effects. And having a wallet in one of those slots doesn't affect your actual wallet in any way, or vice versa. It's purely graphical.

Regardless of whether you use bugs or a fish, you can still carry up to 200 Rupees in both cases. The Adult's Wallet (used a fish) or Deku Nuts (used bugs) replaces your Slot 4, which results in allowing you to only dive 1 meter, and the Silver Scale replaces the strength upgrades in Slot 3, giving you the Purple Gauntlets.

Fish =  0001 1001
Bugs = 0001 1101
Both of these include the 4th bit from the left, which corresponds to Adult's Wallet.

In conclusion, the wallet that shows up in slot 4 has nothing to do with the wallet you actually have. There is no way to get the giant's wallet to appear in this slot.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:10:20 AM by nathanisbored » Logged
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #393 on: August 14, 2013, 07:10:11 AM »

Is it possible to RBA with Half Milk in OoT3D? How would I do that? Are Empty Bottles, Fairies, Fish, Blue Fire, Bugs and Half Milk the only things you can RBA with?
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #394 on: August 14, 2013, 09:12:59 PM »

Is it possible to RBA with Half Milk in OoT3D? How would I do that? Are Empty Bottles, Fairies, Fish, Blue Fire, Bugs and Half Milk the only things you can RBA with?

Yes, those are the only things you can RBA with. Half milk RBA on the N64 version is when you do Empty Bottle RBA and the value you are overwriting was previously exactly 26. So, IF IT STILL WORKS IN OOT3D, and you do empty bottle RBA with Ruto's Letter on II, and you had 30 deku nuts, it will overwrite your deku nut amount from 30 to 20. But if you do empty bottle RBA with Ruto's Letter on II, and you had exactly 26 deku nuts, it will overwrite your deku nut amount from 26 to 31, and it will put halfmilk on B.

It's worth noting that halfmilk has the most bits set compared to any other RBA modifier:

empty = 0001 0100
fairy = 0001 1000
fish = 0001 1001
blue fire = 0001 1100
bugs = 0001 1101
halfmilk = 0001 1111

It's also the only modifier that has the second bit from the right set, so it seems to be the most useful modifier (even more than bugs). Unfortunately, since it requires the value to have previously been 26...

milk = 0001 1010

...you have to already have the second bit from the right set to do halkmilk RBA, so it really isn't any more useful than bugs in any case (except maybe in the case of ammo, but only barely).

I have no clue if this still works in oot3d
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:20:24 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2013, 03:56:38 PM »

Yes, those are the only things you can RBA with. Half milk RBA on the N64 version is when you do Empty Bottle RBA and the value you are overwriting was previously exactly 26. So, IF IT STILL WORKS IN OOT3D, and you do empty bottle RBA with Ruto's Letter on II, and you had 30 deku nuts, it will overwrite your deku nut amount from 30 to 20. But if you do empty bottle RBA with Ruto's Letter on II, and you had exactly 26 deku nuts, it will overwrite your deku nut amount from 26 to 31, and it will put halfmilk on B.

It's worth noting that halfmilk has the most bits set compared to any other RBA modifier:

empty = 0001 0100
fairy = 0001 1000
fish = 0001 1001
blue fire = 0001 1100
bugs = 0001 1101
halfmilk = 0001 1111

It's also the only modifier that has the second bit from the right set, so it seems to be the most useful modifier (even more than bugs). Unfortunately, since it requires the value to have previously been 26...

milk = 0001 1010

...you have to already have the second bit from the right set to do halkmilk RBA, so it really isn't any more useful than bugs in any case (except maybe in the case of ammo, but only barely).

I have no clue if this still works in oot3d
Yeah, but how do I drink down to Half Milk on B while having the Pocket Egg on II at the same time?

- Having Half-Milk on B and then putting the Pocket Egg on II doesn't do anything.
- Drinking Half-Milk on B with the Pocket Egg on II RBAs as an Empty Bottle on B.
- Drinking Full Milk on B with the Pocket Egg on II RBAs as an Empty Bottle on B.

I have to be able to change the contents on B to Half Milk while having the Pocket Egg on II at the same time to RBA what I want.

The only method I can think of is to RBA Green Potion on II by catching Bugs on B to overwrite the Adult Trade Items slot to Bottled Bug. Then reduce my Arrow Amount to 26 (because Bottled Bugs correspond to Arrow Amount) while having the Adult Trade Bottled Bugs on II, and get the Pocket Egg from the Cucco Lady in Kakariko Village. Drink the Full Milk and pray it turns to Half-Milk instead of an Empty Bottle?

Do I have to use Ruto's Letter on II with 26/31 Deku Nuts to RBA with Half-Milk? Or can I use Blue Fire on II with 26/31 Bombs, Poe on II with 26/31 Deku Seeds or Bottled Bug on II with 26/31 Arrows?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:02:16 PM by GeneraLight » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #396 on: August 15, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »

Yeah, but how do I drink down to Half Milk on B while having the Pocket Egg on II at the same time?

- Having Half-Milk on B and then putting the Pocket Egg on II doesn't do anything.
- Drinking Half-Milk on B with the Pocket Egg on II RBAs as an Empty Bottle on B.
- Drinking Full Milk on B with the Pocket Egg on II RBAs as an Empty Bottle on B.

I have to be able to change the contents on B to Half Milk while having the Pocket Egg on II at the same time to RBA what I want.

The only method I can think of is to RBA Green Potion on II by catching Bugs on B to overwrite the Adult Trade Items slot to Bottled Bug. Then reduce my Arrow Amount to 26 (because Bottled Bugs correspond to Arrow Amount) while having the Adult Trade Bottled Bugs on II, and get the Pocket Egg from the Cucco Lady in Kakariko Village. Drink the Full Milk and pray it turns to Half-Milk instead of an Empty Bottle?

Do I have to use Ruto's Letter on II with 26/31 Deku Nuts to RBA with Half-Milk? Or can I use Blue Fire on II with 26/31 Bombs, Poe on II with 26/31 Deku Seeds or Bottled Bug on II with 26/31 Arrows?

halfmilk RBA would not be possible with pocket egg because in order to have a value of 26 in that byte you would need:

-nothing in bullet bag slot
-adult's wallet but not giant's wallet
-giant's wallet in dive meter slot (which, as establish before, isn't possible)

and then drop bugs from B with pocket egg on II. You do not need to drink down full milk on B to do halfmilk RBA. You just need to empty your B bottle when the corresponding value is 26.

I'm still pretty sure this doesn't work in oot3d since it isn't mentioned on the RBA page.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:17:55 PM by nathanisbored » Logged
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #397 on: August 17, 2013, 01:25:24 AM »

halfmilk RBA would not be possible with pocket egg because in order to have a value of 26 in that byte you would need:

-nothing in bullet bag slot
-adult's wallet but not giant's wallet
-giant's wallet in dive meter slot (which, as establish before, isn't possible)

and then drop bugs from B with pocket egg on II. You do not need to drink down full milk on B to do halfmilk RBA. You just need to empty your B bottle when the corresponding value is 26.

I'm still pretty sure this doesn't work in oot3d since it isn't mentioned on the RBA page.
Why would I need nothing in my Bullet Bag Slot? Why do I need the Adult's Wallet? Why do I need the Giant's Wallet in the Dive Meter slot?
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2013, 01:34:25 AM »

Why would I need nothing in my Bullet Bag Slot? Why do I need the Adult's Wallet? Why do I need the Giant's Wallet in the Dive Meter slot?

You would need 0001 1010 in the byte corresponding to the pocket egg. Look at the "Pocket Egg on the II Button" chart here: zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #399 on: August 17, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »

You would need 0001 1010 in the byte corresponding to the pocket egg. Look at the "Pocket Egg on the II Button" chart here: zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure
I see. I can remove my Bullet Seed Bag and replace my Dive Meter with the Adult's Wallet with Fish on B, but the Giant's Wallet requires RBAing with Ruto's Letter on B.

So why is RBA limited to Empty Bottle, Bugs, Fish, Fairy and Blue Fire? What prevents us from RBAing with other bottled stuff, or other items completely.

I'm trying to get the Fishing Rod in my Gear Section. I don't really care what slot it is on, but Slot 4 is preferred. Apparently the Fishing Rod can only be put on Slot 4, and that requires RBAing the Pocket Egg with Half Milk on B. I'm guessing the game doesn't recognize the B Bottle as a legit bottle because it doesn't have the data of Bottles #1-4? Items duped into bottles aren't recognized by the game either. Would turning the bottle on B into a legit Bottle work?

Is there any other way to RBA PE on II with HM on B?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:22:01 AM by GeneraLight » Logged
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #400 on: August 17, 2013, 04:23:45 AM »

RBA with an item replaces the item on C-right/II with an empty bottle. RBA with other bottled stuff isnt limited to that, its just rarely needed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #401 on: August 17, 2013, 05:10:27 AM »

I see. I can remove my Bullet Seed Bag and replace my Dive Meter with the Adult's Wallet with Fish on B, but the Giant's Wallet requires RBAing with Ruto's Letter on B.

So why is RBA limited to Empty Bottle, Bugs, Fish, Fairy and Blue Fire? What prevents us from RBAing with other bottled stuff, or other items completely.

I'm trying to get the Fishing Rod in my Gear Section. I don't really care what slot it is on, but Slot 4 is preferred. Apparently the Fishing Rod can only be put on Slot 4, and that requires RBAing the Pocket Egg with Half Milk on B. I'm guessing the game doesn't recognize the B Bottle as a legit bottle because it doesn't have the data of Bottles #1-4? Items duped into bottles aren't recognized by the game either. Would turning the bottle on B into a legit Bottle work?

Is there any other way to RBA PE on II with HM on B?

Those are the only RBA modifiers because they are the only things that are updated by button. Potions, poes, etc. are updated by your inventory slot directly, and the game doesn't recognize B-bottle as a real bottle. You can get halfmilk on B with BA, but it doesn't activate RBA if you do it that way. To activate RBA, you must catch/drop/sell a bottle item from your bottle button directly. There is no way to "catch" a potion or poe or letter. On the N64 version, even if you get fullmilk on B, it will not turn into halkmilk after you drink it unless the game "recognizes" it as full milk (meaning the corresponding inventory slot is a value of 26). The corresponding inventory slot for the B button is based on what you have on C-Right, or in this case, II. Fullmilk/halfmilk may work differently on 3DS version. I'm not sure.

It is not possible to get a fishing rod in your inventory, in any slot, as far as I know, because halfmilk RBA is not possible with this case.
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #402 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:12 PM »

I am trying to learn the Hyper Endless Superslide (HESS), but I am having trouble. I've already learned how to do a Megaflip with and without Nayru's Love, and the Forward Endless Superslide (FESS), but I just cannot get a HESS going. I am using the method shown in flameringer's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-dSaA_R4M

What I do:

1. Pull out a bomb
2. Turn 90 degrees and L/Z Target
3. Immediately Shield Drop the bomb and sidehop/strafe away from the bomb.
4. Hold the circle pad in an ESS position (slightly down-left or down-right)
5. Side roll into the explosion with my shield up while still L/Z Targeting.

My Link will slide back a few feet and then stop.

What am I doing wrong? Are there any other methods to HESS?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:49:38 PM by GeneraLight » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #403 on: August 18, 2013, 11:25:49 PM »

I am trying to learn the Hyper Endless Superslide (HESS), but I am having trouble. I've already learned how to do a Megaflip with and without Nayru's Love, and the Forward Endless Superslide (FESS), but I just cannot get a HESS going. I am using the method shown in flameringer's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-dSaA_R4M

What I do:

1. Pull out a bomb
2. Turn 90 degrees and L/Z Target
3. Immediately Shield Drop the bomb and sidehop/strafe away from the bomb.
4. Hold the circle pad in an ESS position (slightly down-left or down-right)
5. Side roll into the explosion with my shield up while still L/Z Targeting.

My Link will slide back a few feet and then stop.

What am I doing wrong? Are there any other methods to HESS?

If he stops I'm guessing it means you dropped ESS. You have to keep holding ESS position the whole time.
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2013, 01:34:23 AM »

If he stops I'm guessing it means you dropped ESS. You have to keep holding ESS position the whole time.
I'm holding ESS position before and after bomb blast. Same results.

EDIT: I got it to work, but I'm going forward instead of backwards. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:09:21 AM by GeneraLight » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: