Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 325197 times)

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
Re: Ocarina of Time 3D Questions & Answer
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 12:27:56 PM »

Hello. I'm sort of new to using glitches in OoT3D.

Currently, I'm working on getting the Blue gauntlets, but I'm stuck trying to get the Bombchus beneath the well.
I have gotten beneath already using a TSC, although I have been unsuccessful with retrieving the bombchus. please help. :D

You can not get bombchus early from bottom of the well in oot3d.
You have to play masterquest and use navi dive from lake hylia to zoras domain, then enter jabu jabu early and get bombchu inside of him.
You can make a chu chest appear inside of him.

Zorathan

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 12:29:28 PM »

You can not get bombchus early from bottom of the well in oot3d.
You have to play masterquest and use navi dive from lake hylia to zoras domain, then enter jabu jabu early and get bombchu inside of him.
You can make a chu chest appear inside of him.

Oh, thank you so much!
I was wondering how I was supposed to do this.. xD

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »

Currently, I'm working on getting the Blue gauntlets, but I'm stuck trying to get the Bombchus beneath the well.

Early bombchus are only necessary to get the purple gauntlets, not the blue ones.

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
  • move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 01:37:57 AM »

i don't know where to ask this but this seems to be the closest place.

in the escape the forest methods list in the OoT3D section, it says you need to use the owl to reach kakariko village due to a closed door. that door can be passed through from behind since it lacks collision data on the back so you don't need to do that workaround.
"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 03:17:46 AM »

i don't know where to ask this but this seems to be the closest place.

in the escape the forest methods list in the OoT3D section, it says you need to use the owl to reach kakariko village due to a closed door. that door can be passed through from behind since it lacks collision data on the back so you don't need to do that workaround.

I updated the page. Thanks for letting me know.

-----

I have a question:
Is it possible to one cycle ganondorf?
You may use giant's knife.

I've been trying a several times (10-15 times) and I am almost always 1 hit away from killing him. I noticed that it was possible to time arrow hits in order to hit in with like 8 arrows in a row. I have yet to do such a thing with a sword though. I hope I am just being bad.

Also, if you manage to do it, either make a video of it or tell me how you did it.

If we can't one cycle dorf I'll have to alter the NG+ route alot, making it much slower. :(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:14:25 AM by CloudMax »

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »

i have a question.

i've heard about climbing a seam in gerudo valley to get across the chasm with no bombs and just a cucco but i can't find a vid of this anywhere. can anyone get a video of this so i have an idea how to do it? also, is it harder or easier than the megaflip + damage boost method to get into the fortress as child?

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »

i have a question.

i've heard about climbing a seam in gerudo valley to get across the chasm with no bombs and just a cucco but i can't find a vid of this anywhere. can anyone get a video of this so i have an idea how to do it? also, is it harder or easier than the megaflip + damage boost method to get into the fortress as child?

I consider it to be much harder. You have to climb the seam that is to the far right of the bridge. If you fall down from the seam to the left, you end up in the river at the very bottom. It is a tricky seam to climb, and doing it with a cucco is much harder.

The seam is much harder than lets say the seam in gerudos fortress, and if you fall down to the left, you do not get a second chance for quite some time.
And if you use a cucco, you're not allowed to align yourself using the camera or an item.

Even if you do it with bombs, I would say that it is harder than the megaflip + damage boost method, so I recommend just doing it the old way.

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2011, 02:08:01 AM »

hm i see. it was a lot more complicated than i thought.

i'll look into the old method since i'm getting better at megaflips lately.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

HeyListen

• Regular Guay
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »

Can someone explain to me how to keep a Bottle on B if you Save / Die? The explanation on the OOT3D page isn't well descriptive.. Thanks :)

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »

Can someone explain to me how to keep a Bottle on B if you Save / Die? The explanation on the OOT3D page isn't well descriptive.. Thanks :)

If you've never equipped a sword through the gear menu and die/save while having a bottle on B, you'll loose it.
If you have equipped a sword earlier you will get a deku stick on B when you die or save. (unless you save in water, which will temporarily disable the B button until you reset the game or die, which will enable the B button again)

HOWEVER, if you save while being mounted on a horse or while in the fishing pond and have fishing rod on B, you will keep the bottle on B.

So in other words, the effects are different if you've equipped a sword before getting the bottle on B. Note that drawing the master sword in ToT doesn't count as equipping the sword.

The description on the ZSR page is as descriptive as it can be. It explains EXACTLY what happens in all different scenarios from what I know.

thundrio

• Special Guay
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »

This may seem like restating what happened above, but I just want to clarify because it hasn't worked for me.

If i start a new game with hammer on B as child and head to the fishing pond, where i pay for fishing and save while rod is on B, then go die doing something, then if I don't save, then when I reload the save from the main menu, I should respawn at Link's house with hammer on B, correct?.

I am asking this because I had a file with hammer on B that I was prepping for beating fire temple as child, and I went into the fishing pond, started fishing, cast the line, and saved. then i restarted the game and had nothing on my b button/disabled b button when I loaded.

also some questions regarding YL in adult link dungeons.

since you can spawn poes by pulling graves, the shadow early method of poe hovering should work with YL correct? Just asking because I am making a max% child file and I am very interested in whether or not shadow crashes when YL steps in the blue warp, and YL in AL dungeons alltogether.

tyia
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:46:40 AM by thundrio »
[19:30] <[email protected]> i love programmin
[19:30] <[email protected]> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!

markallen1988

• Regular Guay
  • I...I shall consume. Consume...Consume everything.
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »

since you can spawn poes by pulling graves, the shadow early method of poe hovering should work with YL correct? Just asking because I am making a max% child file and I am very interested in whether or not shadow crashes when YL steps in the blue warp, and YL in AL dungeons alltogether.

tyia

I don't see why Shadow early that way with YL wouldn't work. The only problem is, in order to beat the dungeon, you have to make it past the silver rupee room with the invisible spikes and ledges. There isn't any way to hover in that room, so I don't think it's possible. You could maybe complete the dungeon as adult link and not step into the warp, savewarp then come back as a child and warp to the room before with Farore's Wind and trigger the cutscene with YL. But I don't think that you can set a warp point in the future and warp there from the past.

This is all speculation, I don't own the game. But I know you can't complete the silver rupee room as YL without hovering.

thundrio

• Special Guay
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »

I'v actually tried beating the temple as AL and then warping back in as YL, but as in oot64 you cant use AL FF spots as YL (Seeing as how there were a few temples that could be entered by YL naturally). I ended up getting stuck at the boat, as i can not see a way to climb on to the boat, although I will probably try it more once my maxchild file gets farther.
[19:30] <[email protected]> i love programmin
[19:30] <[email protected]> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2011, 02:55:47 AM »

This may seem like restating what happened above, but I just want to clarify because it hasn't worked for me.

If i start a new game with hammer on B as child and head to the fishing pond, where i pay for fishing and save while rod is on B, then go die doing something, then if I don't save, then when I reload the save from the main menu, I should respawn at Link's house with hammer on B, correct?.

I am asking this because I had a file with hammer on B that I was prepping for beating fire temple as child, and I went into the fishing pond, started fishing, cast the line, and saved. then i restarted the game and had nothing on my b button/disabled b button when I loaded.

That is very odd. It has always worked for me, and everyone on youtube that I explained it to.
You save while in the pond and have rod on B. The next time you load your file, it will still have the item on B.
I do this all the time, mostly when I create premade files to record different stuff like for example when I did the mushroom child RBA video.
I just loaded a file that had bottle on B from earlier.

I have never encountered any problems with this. It has always worked.
The same goes for while riding on a horse.

=/

HeyListen

• Regular Guay
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »

Do you guys think it's possible to skip Gerudo's Token AND Requiem of Spirit. I know you need either one to get to Spirit Temple as Adult but i had a theory. The Seam / Megaflip / Unload Lower Gerudo's fortress, can make us skip both of these either requirements.

Now to do the Unload Method, we need to bypass that guard, who (if were adult) will capture you. I assume you can bombslide, through the tunnel? leading to the seam. Now you can megaflip, the only thing making me worried about this part is if the guard who is watching the entrance to the tunnel is still loaded. If she isnt, we can go right on through the gate and into HW, Hover boots over the quick sand, and then just go through desert.

This obviously means Spirit will be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th temple entered, because you need Hover Boots and Fairy's Bow for Spirit Temple.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 03:18:06 AM »

Do you guys think it's possible to skip Gerudo's Token AND Requiem of Spirit. I know you need either one to get to Spirit Temple as Adult but i had a theory. The Seam / Megaflip / Unload Lower Gerudo's fortress, can make us skip both of these either requirements.

Now to do the Unload Method, we need to bypass that guard, who (if were adult) will capture you. I assume you can bombslide, through the tunnel? leading to the seam. Now you can megaflip, the only thing making me worried about this part is if the guard who is watching the entrance to the tunnel is still loaded. If she isnt, we can go right on through the gate and into HW, Hover boots over the quick sand, and then just go through desert.

This obviously means Spirit will be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th temple entered, because you need Hover Boots and Fairy's Bow for Spirit Temple.

Possible.

You use remote control epona inside of gerudo's fortress. You navigate epona to the upper section of the area, then press A to get ported to epona, so that you get to the upper area of the fortress.

Now load the upper section of the fortress so that the lower one is unloaded.

And when the upper one is loaded you can either use the megaflip method to get to the lower one while it is unloaded, or use epona to get ported to the lower one while it is unloaded.

You can now walk through the gate that leads to the desert.

That is one way of doing it.

I think the only way of getting to the upper section without getting caught is using epona.

Requirements: epona, bomb & shield.

Dax

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 12:12:01 AM »

Is there any way to get into the bottom of the well with just the megaton hammer on B(yay newgame+)? It'd be nice if we could, since getting 40 gold skulltulas takes forever to get the bombchus.

I'm trying to eventually get purple gauntlets on the main quest, for those who are wondering. Not speedrunning or anything. And I don't want the Song of Storms either. :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:18:26 AM by Dax »

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:43 AM »

Is there any way to get into the bottom of the well with just the megaton hammer on B(yay newgame+)? It'd be nice if we could, since getting 40 gold skulltulas takes forever to get the bombchus.

I'm trying to eventually get purple gauntlets on the main quest, for those who are wondering. Not speedrunning or anything. And I don't want the Song of Storms either. :P

Nope, we can't. I tried that when we first found NG+. I wanted to see if you could destroy the pile of bones in BotW to get chus. But then I figured that it isn't possible to even enter BotW early without sword. (at least we've not found a way to do it yet)

And you can get purple gauntlets with the help of inventory overstuffing if I remember it right.
I think Sold Out RBA removes your bracelet, which then allows you to get purple gauntlets.

Dax

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 06:18:51 AM »

If I do the sold out RBA, would it be possible to get the gauntlets on a save that's already beat the game and has the Biggoron's Sword? That'd save me a lot of time of having to beat the child dungeons again. XD

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 06:34:04 AM »

If I do the sold out RBA, would it be possible to get the gauntlets on a save that's already beat the game and has the Biggoron's Sword? That'd save me a lot of time of having to beat the child dungeons again. XD

You still need to RBA the egg to get colored gauntlets, so it is not possible if you have biggoron's sword already.
It should take less than 2 hours to create a file with enough items to do inventory overstuffing, so it is not really that big of a deal.

Just check the overstuffing thread and it should have a list in it, which tells you how to easily setup a file ready for inventory overstuffing.

Dax

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 06:39:16 AM »

Alright, thanks. <3

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 06:15:53 PM »

isn't the gauntlets slot controlled by the egg alone? i don't see a reason to do item overstuffing unless you want to RBA the quiver to avoid getting the bow.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2011, 02:54:23 AM »

isn't the gauntlets slot controlled by the egg alone? i don't see a reason to do item overstuffing unless you want to RBA the quiver to avoid getting the bow.

Sold out (- No Mask -) affect  bomb bag, quiver & strength upgrade.
But the strength upgrade values is so high, it always give you blank as a result.
Pocket Egg just mix things up and gives you differently colored gauntlets depending on your actual strength upgrade, which it doesn't control.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

RBA on - No Mask - will result in you not having either bracelet, or gold/silver gauntlets. It clears the slot because their values are to high.
Which as a result will give you purple gauntlets when performing RBA on pocket egg.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:01:49 AM by CloudMax »

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2011, 07:24:22 PM »

oh i get it now. i forgot that the pocket egg modifies part of the upgrade and that the other item does it also (i'm so used to RBAing just that item for black/purple gauntlets)

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

TomNook120

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 04:13:14 PM »

There's a glitch to clip through a wall if there is a vine/chainlink or something to scale a wall is next to it. i'm wondering how to do this, kazooie does it in this video here and it hasn't been confirmed for 3D yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv9rJuzvW7g

UchihaSasuke

• Special Guay
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »

that was the crooked cartridge trick on n64. it is only possible there because it involves pulling the cart from the side to make the game glitch a bit and go though some stuff.
that isn't possible on GC, VC or 3DS versions.

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2

V92ify

• Regular Guay
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 02:39:34 AM »

that was the crooked cartridge trick on n64. it is only possible there because it involves pulling the cart from the side to make the game glitch a bit and go though some stuff.
Have you tried to do it on 3DS??????
Youtube account

<RaceBot>: Samura1man was foolish and tried to pull the wool over our eyes !!!
--- sicko has banned ~r:87-94-227-220.bb.dnainternet.fi
*** Samura1man was kicked by sicko (sicko)

TomNook120

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »

Thanks! I figured something was up because it looked like he didn't do anything but go through it. It's looking like Child Shadow Temple 3D won't work through that method I did the cartdridge before I should have known :). I'll keep searching for a way though, I don't have any leads for other child in adult temples either, besides fire which has been done

TomNook120

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 06:01:39 PM »

What's the RBA arrow value for Hover Boots? And do they work on our child link? If they do, I'll have us a hyrule castle OoB skip :D

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 03:35:20 AM »

What's the RBA arrow value for Hover Boots? And do they work on our child link? If they do, I'll have us a hyrule castle OoB skip :D

Hover boots as child link freezes the console when you try to hover.
If that wasn't the case, we would use hover boots in NG+. It would save a several minutes in dodongos cavern, and it would render slingshot completely useless, since you'd skip that part of dodongos cavern, & it would be easier to get odd mushroom as child.
We could also skip the cucco to wake talon up.
Skipping half jabu jabu would be easy as pie since you can just walk across the gap.

And I am probably missing some stuff. =P

So yeah, if it was possible, it would be easy as pie to speedrun the childlink part of NG+.

Sadly it isn't. =(

Anyway, when you want to BA items, just use these 2 pages:
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/bottle-adventure
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/ba/item-chart

As you can see on the bottle adventure page, to BA hoverboots, just place bottled fish on II.

TomNook120

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2011, 07:25:58 AM »

The console freezes? I attempted to hookshot with child
link froze, everything else was fine. He was going to grab the hookshot from the hip, & just stopped :/I was looking for an OoB in hyrule castle & one is almost accesable with megaflip, hoverboots would do it just fine. I'm gonna continue testing it, it's most likely that I have the wrong angle 

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2011, 03:40:14 AM »

The console freezes? I attempted to hookshot with child
link froze, everything else was fine. He was going to grab the hookshot from the hip, & just stopped :/I was looking for an OoB in hyrule castle & one is almost accesable with megaflip, hoverboots would do it just fine. I'm gonna continue testing it, it's most likely that I have the wrong angle 

Yes, it freezes.
The hookshot freeze is something entirely different.
Using hookshot as a child, or using the fishing rod outside of the fishing pond, etc. causes link to freeze when he tries to pull out the item.

Other things like trying to hover as child link, exploding a bombchu out of bounds or loading to many actors at once causes the console to freeze.

Anyway, why do you want to get OoB at hyrule castle? I do not see the point in trying to do that.

TomNook120

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »

Pass guards and hopefully skip malon and talon somehow, but it seems it's just barely out of reach. It would be on the hill area the the right of the entrance point, and on the right up the first vine

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Pass guards and hopefully skip malon and talon somehow, but it seems it's just barely out of reach. It would be on the hill area the the right of the entrance point, and on the right up the first vine

But we can't get explosives before visiting zelda. So we can't skip them even if we get OoB.

TomNook120

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »

Which is why I wanted hoverboots XD

TomNook120

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »

Wondering how to do the bottle timestop in OoT 3D, i had imagined it'd be the same way as Majora's Mask but it seems i was wrong :/

ahou

• Regular Guay
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »

Is it even possible to get 40 skulltulas with hammer? I've got 39 atm, and as far as i can tell, the only remaining ones i can get are either in the well (requires equipping a sword), or from the ground outside dodongo's, which is covered by the boulder.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2011, 12:50:42 AM »

Is it even possible to get 40 skulltulas with hammer? I've got 39 atm, and as far as i can tell, the only remaining ones i can get are either in the well (requires equipping a sword), or from the ground outside dodongo's, which is covered by the boulder.

I am pretty sure you can put bugs inside of that hole outside of DC without removing the boulder.
I think you should be able to get the skulltula.

ahou

• Regular Guay
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »

I am pretty sure you can put bugs inside of that hole outside of DC without removing the boulder.
I think you should be able to get the skulltula.

You can, and then you can kill it with din's fire. Unfortunately there's no way to actually get it, as far as i can tell.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2011, 03:26:06 AM »

You can, and then you can kill it with din's fire. Unfortunately there's no way to actually get it, as far as i can tell.

Maybe with boomerang? somehow? :P
It clips through everything on its way back, so maybe if you can make it pick up the skulltula.
Or maybe a jumpslash with the hammer or something will give it to you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12