ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:25:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 279901 times)
Glitchymon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #360 on: June 29, 2013, 02:03:37 AM »

Is it possible to wrong warp to ice cavern as a child currently?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:05:16 AM by Glitchymon » Logged
Kinglong5555
Deku Scrub

« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2013, 02:11:59 AM »

Don't think so.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2013, 02:17:24 AM »

You can by entering the HP tower in lon lon and exiting it. The warp itself has a big problem, it places you OoB and you're in the blackscreen mode because of the serenade cutscene and that means you cant save the game :/

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »

Hi,
What differences are they between blue warps from Fire Temple and blue warps from Dodongo's Cavern or Deku Tree ?
It seems that you can do certain things with one and others things with the 2 others, am I right ?

What I'd like to do is to WW to the nocturne cutscene from the fire temple (it's faster to get back to boss room than in dodongo's...) but when I try I either warp to my FW point normally or see the volcano explosion cutscene... Is it my timing or is it just impossible to do so from fire temple ?

And last question if it's impossile, what sort of interresting warps can be done from the fire temple ?
Kinglong5555
Deku Scrub

« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2013, 10:08:07 PM »

I'm pretty sure the volcano explosion CS is what makes it different. And the warps I know of from fire temple is the dot skip one, the "second temple of time" and the credits
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2013, 11:22:33 PM »

In adult temple blue warps you want to press return to farores wind just a little after the screen goes white.

Here's a link to the wrong warp table, but its not perfect, especially for oot3d. http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/wrongwarp/wrong-warp-table
If you get on the #zelda or #oot3d irc, there is a bot called OcarinaBot that can be used to calculate wrong warps.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #366 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »

Hi, I'm bad at RBA so I don't really know answers to your questions except the last one (o it's impossible), but could you please not make new threads just for a few questions and instead use the Q&A thread. We don't want the forums to get cluttered. Thanks in advanced.
Will do.

Yes, the question and answer thread is there for a reason.

RBA no mask will delete all of the strength upgrades. This also means that if you have any special colored gauntlets, then RBA no mask, they will turn purple.
Thanks. So I can play the game normally (Normal Quest or Master Quest), get the Silver and Golden Gauntlets, then do RBA -No Mask- to get rid of all my strength upgrades, then do the Pocket Egg RBA and get the Purple Gauntlets? Or it better to do Pocket Egg RBA, then -No Mask- RBA? Do you permanently lose Bombs and Bombchus from this, or can you get them back? Anything else you lose permanently besides all strength upgrades?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:52:59 AM by GeneraLight » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #367 on: July 25, 2013, 05:55:41 AM »

Benzouz, the most important difference between the Deku Tree/Cavern and the Fire Temple warps is they play a cutscene with a different internal number. In other words, you cannot play the same cutscene with a Deku Tree / Dodongo's Cavern wrong warp that you can with a Fire Temple wrong warp.

This is why your setup to wrong warp into the Nocturne cutscene is failing: you're trying to wrong warp into the scene (Kakariko) that you would have ended up anyway, essentially wrong warping into the cutscene that you're intended to watch next.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Byak
Deku Scrub

Dash! Dash! Dash!

Email
« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »

MST related:

I'm sucking at the flame wall skip in the fire temple. My timing for the sidehop is poor, I was hoping anyone had any tips for consistency, or is it something I just need to try again and again?

I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2013, 09:41:50 AM »

As soon as it disappears you sidehop, dont walk right even a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2013, 01:08:23 PM »

I actually don't even side hop. Kind of just preference though

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
gymnast86
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »

Whenever I start a NG+ File i check in the beginning to make sure I have Farores Wind. When i press B i get the restricted items sound(which i assume means i have it there). However when im all done and back at Goron's City after getting magic, Farores Wind isnt on B anymore as if it just dissapeared. Is there something known to take it off of the B button midway through the game?
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »

Dying or saving will remove FW from the B button or anything on the B button for that matter that is not a sword. So you can NG+ master sword, save and it will still be there, but not with hammer, FW, etc.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2013, 07:34:51 AM »

Can you still get infinite Gold Skulltulas in OoT3D?

How do I make more than 22 items in my inventory?
Demise
Regular Guay

Cant be bothered to think of anything to put here.

« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2013, 03:13:53 PM »

Guys, I am trying to have some fun with DHWW, but I totally suck at OI (which is necessary to WW, obviously). Is there a way to succeed consistently? Heck, I don't even need consistency, I just wanna succeed at least once before I run out of bombs. =P

Also, I have heard about Home buffering, but for me there is always a very large delay (almost a second) between pressing Home and the game pausing. Touch screen Map buffering seems better, but it's still not up to frame advance (3-4 frames accuracy at best), plus you can't really buffer input easily. Is there a good way to frame buffer?

Can't be bothered to put anything in my sig either. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: