ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 12:24:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 287895 times)
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »

Hell yeah, just got a 43:09. Much better than my last one  Grin Surprisingly, the part that I wasted the most time in was the first sling room, the second one I got second try... oh well, I'm just glad I improved.
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2012, 11:19:44 PM »

Any tips for megaflipping? I can't seem to get a rythem going, I don't really know how to time it. Also, tips on that megaflip damage boost over the gerudo valley gate as child. I got it once by a stroke of luck and I can't seem to get it again.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:36 PM »

Megaflipping is wierd and finding a setup is difficult however i came up with one.
Hold L, Backflip, take out bomb and hold R (while still holding L of course Cool
Just when it explodes roll, hold down from circle pad and tap A.
Basically you want to react to the explosion a liiitle bit later than you usually do.
Hopefully someone comes up with a better one Smiley
(I was able to do 3 in a row with this method)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2012, 02:24:18 AM »

Like half the time I get the megaflip but then get hit by the same explosion in mid air and crash down. Huh
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2012, 03:07:13 AM »

Ugh...

Go forward three planks from the wooden post, shield drop a bomb, turn around and double press your bomb button to chuck one behind you and catch the megaflip off the first bomb.

For megaflip, shield drop the bomb, backwalk a little ways out of grab range and roll as it explodes. You have a second in which you slide backwards to backflip, though you should learn the timing for immediate backflip.

Seriously kid. YouTube. Check the R&D thread or help me get people to update the page. Stop being a lazy-ass and do stuff on your own.

Sorty for being offensive.

11:17 <Cosmo>: It's hard to tell what ASAP means with todays sequence breaks
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2012, 04:21:02 AM »

Ugh...

Seriously kid. YouTube. Check the R&D thread or help me get people to update the page. Stop being a lazy-ass and do stuff on your own.

Sorty for being offensive.

He read my response before I edited it to be this, and I dont think it needs to stay here.

Like half the time I get the megaflip but then get hit by the same explosion in mid air and crash down. Huh

Anyways, there is two things I think this may be referring to, if you mean link is taking damage then i think you need to keep shielding or roll later of something
If it's that he just kinda hops backwards and doesnt even backflip your timing is off
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:18:26 AM by gamestabled » Logged

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2012, 04:47:59 AM »

You're right. You're absolutely right. I was a dick. I apologize. I guess that's just my mentality. Whenever I want to learn a new trick, I check YouTube or the forum before asking. I shouldn't assume everyone is like me. My sincerest apologies. I'll make an effort not to be so impulsive with my posts in the future.

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

Believe me, I do check youtube and try to figure it out myself before I post it here. I ask here because I have tried for hours on end with almost zero success.  Believe me, I got this game just a few weeks ago with almost zero knowledge of it, and this is the only thing I have had to ask about more than once, and one of the few things I have had to ask about at all. Also, I kind of apologize as well because I guess what I'm looking for is a 'magic bullet' to my problem, one that doesn't really exist and I need to just learn it myself anyways.

Also, If you meant what you said, don't feel like you have to apologize. Maybe I am being a little whiny bitch, I should stop. Seriously, I'm not 10 years old, I can take criticism.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:20:08 PM by TaylorTotFTW » Logged
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »

You should be able to ask questions, man. I was out of line. I was angry IRL and took it out on the internet, specifically on you. I was out of line.

I swear, parts of this thread are going to get moved to Kakariko Graveyard one of these days... Undecided

How's your megaflipping coming?

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »

Well regardless, I accept your apology. Hope we can still be internet buddies  Grin

I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was standing too close to the bomb. The tricky part now is the timing, though I did manage to get it again and successfully crossed the desert and did child spirit. Now I'm  working on routing the  adult part.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »

Did you get the gerudo card or is there a child gate skip? I cant remember if there is already a child gate skip but Ive almost figured one out

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »

There are two child gate skips, one that requires two bombs ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCW4DfyF0z4 )_ and the one on the route that only requires one but takes longer ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXeNDhbWcQ ).
Norkix
Special Guay

« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »

That's good. My personal opinion is shadow first on that. Hoverboosts will make the other temples a lot faster and Bongo Bongo is easier than my english final.

Oh, did I mention that SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TaylorTotFTW
Regular Guay

TeamTopSpeed

Email
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2012, 11:21:00 PM »

Nice, dude. School was out for me like a month ago.
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2012, 08:09:53 PM »

Ah, my gate skip (which is still incomplete, but i can get on the cliff) requires no explosives, but it does need rang to do this fancy curved sidehop.
I guess it could then be done with pokey's second megaflip, so I still found a way to save one explosive Grin

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: