Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: OoT3D: Questions & Answer  (Read 325192 times)

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
OoT3D: Questions & Answer
« on: July 06, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »

Sup, newcomers. Got a question about Ocarina of Time 3DS (tips, routes, glitches, anything really)? Ask here. You got questions, we got answers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:52:40 AM by mzxrules »
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

corneliab

• Regular Guay
Re: Ocarina of Time 3D Questions & Answer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »

How do I do I get a Big Poe on B in this one?

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »

How do I do I get a Big Poe on B in this one?

Do you want Big Poe on B for trading them in and recieve the 4th bottle?
If that is the case, then I recommend you to RBA a red potion instead. It will give you the 4th bottle, without having to mess up anything related to the big poes.

Otherwise, Big Poe is value 30. Just RBA the value 30.
You can check this page for information about item amount.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:54 PM »

Do you want Big Poe on B for trading them in and recieve the 4th bottle?
If that is the case, then I recommend you to RBA a red potion instead. It will give you the 4th bottle, without having to mess up anything related to the big poes.

Yeah, I already did that and I have the bottle, but I want to max out the points at the Poe shop now.

Otherwise, Big Poe is value 30. Just RBA the value 30.
You can check this page for information about item amount.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/reverse-bottle-adventure

That page is kind of confusing, and I'm not seeing anything regarding Big Poes there. I tried using the method described here and I got... hover boots.

Tried it with Bombchus+Poe and I got the Poacher's Saw... wtf.

EDIT: Was finally able to get it to work with Arrows+Bugs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:25:50 AM by corneliab »

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:38:33 AM »

EDIT: Was finally able to get it to work with Arrows+Bugs.

Yeah, that is why I suggested you to look at the page I wrote.
It shows the new count combinations in OoT3D. And as you may have noticed, Bugs is linked to arrow count :)
You are ofcourse able to do it with other items than the bug and arrow count. ^^

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 04:01:49 AM »

Yeah, that is why I suggested you to look at the page I wrote.

That page just made everything more confusing, especially seeing as how this was about BA and not RBA.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 04:14:38 AM »

That page just made everything more confusing, especially seeing as how this was about BA and not RBA.

It... explains what bottle links to what count... Bugs = Arrow count
It says that on the page, it should not be confusing in any way whatsoever.
If you find it confusing, then you should really try to start understand it, as it helps alot when it comes to RBA and amouns in BA.

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »

It... explains what bottle links to what count... Bugs = Arrow count
It says that on the page, it should not be confusing in any way whatsoever.
If you find it confusing, then you should really try to start understand it, as it helps alot when it comes to RBA and amouns in BA.

Oh please. I understand that section's significance for BA now, but it was hardly clear. That chart that's supposed to explain which bottled items are linked to which "ammo" only describes its RBA utility (updating item amount?). This is because you linked me to what was purely an RBA page (even though I was trying to do a BA exploit), and since I'm kinda new to all this BA/RBA stuff, I didn't know wtf I was looking at.

Considering that the OoT3D page doesn't even have an adequate BA section up yet, you could've just given me a straight answer from the start, instead of tossing me an RBA page and expecting me to work backwards.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:16:16 PM by corneliab »

enzo22

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:04:51 PM »

Alright, question time.

I did a TSC with Young Link to skip the King Zora and the letter in a bottle thing to get to the the Water Temple without realizing it would block access to the Ice Cavern later.  Has anyone found out a glitch specific method of bypassing him as Adult Link?  Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
I will continue messing around myself, but thanks in advance!

HeyListen

• Regular Guay
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 08:44:37 PM »

Alright, question time.

I did a TSC with Young Link to skip the King Zora and the letter in a bottle thing to get to the the Water Temple without realizing it would block access to the Ice Cavern later.  Has anyone found out a glitch specific method of bypassing him as Adult Link?  Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
Currently, No. There is no way to bypass King Zora as an Adult, Sorry :(. I have been experimenting this and DoT. But sadly, i haven't been pregressing as i would like to.  :(

enzo22

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 08:55:42 PM »

Currently, No. There is no way to bypass King Zora as an Adult, Sorry :(. I have been experimenting this and DoT. But sadly, i haven't been pregressing as i would like to.  :(

aww alright.  Not too big of a deal since it's really not too far in the game.  Thanks!

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »

Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
If you want to get to the Shadow Temple early, RBA for the Nocturne of Shadow. You're going to need the Odd Poultice from the Biggoron trading quest, though.

Since you don't have any boots and can't do the Restricted Items method for Deku Stick on B, I recommend doing the Epona Death+Swordless glitch, followed by saving and quitting. The timing for Epona Death is pretty strict, so you should probably mash one of the tabs on the bottom screen to progress through the frames- you're going to want to mount right after the bomb explodes.

Once you reload your file you'll have Deku Sticks on B, which will allow you do the Bottle on B exploit (scroll down to the bottom).

Put the Poultice on II and catch some bugs/fish with the B bottle. You'll now have the Nocturne of Shadow, so you can get to the Shadow Temple and grab the Hover Boots.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:06:36 PM by corneliab »

HeyListen

• Regular Guay
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:30 PM »

Alright, question time.

I did a TSC with Young Link to skip the King Zora and the letter in a bottle thing to get to the the Water Temple without realizing it would block access to the Ice Cavern later.  Has anyone found out a glitch specific method of bypassing him as Adult Link?  Or even getting to the Shadow Temple early?  (I want some pair of boots so I could preform the any item on B glitch)
No, dont do Hover Boots on B. When you use them as a child, you will be able to walk with them on (the same as adult link, kind of like a slippery stop). BUT when you hover off a ledge, the game freezes and I think so does the DS. Therefore don't use Hover Boots on B.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:42:44 PM by HeyListen »

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »

No, dont do Hover Boots on B. When you use them as a child, you will be able to walk with them on (the same as adult link, kind of like a slippery stop). BUT when you hover off a ledge, the game freezes and I think so does the DS. Therefore don't use Hover Boots on B.

I'm not talking about Hover Boots on B. Did you even read my post? -_-

HeyListen

• Regular Guay
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »

I'm not talking about Hover Boots on B. Did you even read my post? -_-
Sorry i quoted the wrong person :-\

Akiyo

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »

I'm trying to get the purple gauntlets, but my efforts seem to have no effect on anything at all. I collected the Adult Wallet, Silver Scale and the first upgrade to the Deku Seed count, and skipped the Goron's Bracelet as child Link. Then I became Adult Link and got the Pocket Cucco and the Iron Boots, put the Cucco on II and stole the rod, turned the rod in to a deku stick (I had 0) and then in to a bottle, caught a fish then bought the Giant's Knife and re-equipped the Master Sword. Did I miss a step? ._.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 01:21:21 AM »

I'm trying to get the purple gauntlets, but my efforts seem to have no effect on anything at all. I collected the Adult Wallet, Silver Scale and the first upgrade to the Deku Seed count, and skipped the Goron's Bracelet as child Link. Then I became Adult Link and got the Pocket Cucco and the Iron Boots, put the Cucco on II and stole the rod, turned the rod in to a deku stick (I had 0) and then in to a bottle, caught a fish then bought the Giant's Knife and re-equipped the Master Sword. Did I miss a step? ._.

You are suppost to RBA the pocket egg.

It is the pocket egg that gives you the colored gauntlets.

Akiyo

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 01:23:45 AM »

Oh! Thanks!

NOKAUBURE

• Regular Guay
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »

Its possible to do the sold out on C button as a child in this game? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae4Ai140HOA)

I think, the sold out becomes a X in this game
:P

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:07 AM »

Its possible to do the sold out on C button as a child in this game? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae4Ai140HOA)

I think, the sold out becomes a X in this game

If you have an item assigned to a button that you normally cant equip while going through time, it will put it in your inventory.
So it should not work, unless soldout functions in some odd, stupid way.

Link98

• Regular Guay
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »

Hello, I was just wondering, does the actor glitch in Bottom of the Well still work in 3DS?

Exodus122

• Regular Guay
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »

Hello, I was just wondering, does the actor glitch in Bottom of the Well still work in 3DS?

Yes but you get stuck in dead hand's room after killing him if you do the actor glitch. Here is a video some effects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ONdN2E-vTQ&feature=channel_video_title

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »

The glitch is not really that neccessary, we could just get zeldas lullaby before it.
The main issue is that vine clip doesn't work anymore :(

Link98

• Regular Guay
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

Interesting, thanks for the answer.

Oracle144

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »

Does groundjumping still work in Oot 3DS? I can't tell if I'm just really bad at it, or if it just doesn't work.

Majora MIM

• Special Guay
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »

Ground jump doesn't work on 3ds.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:36:34 PM by Majora MIM »
sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: ???

beastmaster

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 07:19:31 PM »

how can i bottle adventure the biggoron sword onto b??

SnowMan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »

how can i bottle adventure the biggoron sword onto b??

It's not possible

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/bottle-adventure

You can try RBA with a Fairy and Gerudo Mask on Slot II as Child Link, but you'll have to do a New Game+ file since there's no other way to get Bottle on B as Child Link (That I can think of anyway)

I could be completely wrong though since I'm still newish when it comes to Bottle Adventure and RBA.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:07:39 PM by SnowMan »

beastmaster

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »

It's not possible

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot3d/ba/bottle-adventure

You can try RBA with a Fairy and Gerudo Mask on Slot II as Child Link, but you'll have to do a New Game+ file since there's no other way to get Bottle on B as Child Link (That I can think of anyway)

I could be completely wrong though since I'm still newish when it comes to Bottle Adventure and RBA.

if i wanna do the ng+ how do i get out of the forest with a bottle still on b?  and get the gerudo mask?

SnowMan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:30 PM »

if i wanna do the ng+ how do i get out of the forest with a bottle still on b?  and get the gerudo mask?

Walk while talking forest escape and trade through the happy mask shop. Use Deku sticks to replace the sword if you need to attack, you can find one in a pot in Darunia's room.

Tailsko

• Regular Guay
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »

Quick question regarding the "colored" gauntlets. Are you spose to hatch the pocket egg?

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 12:58:49 AM »

Quick question regarding the "colored" gauntlets. Are you spose to hatch the pocket egg?

Nope, when it says pocket egg, it is means the pocket egg.
It turns into a pocket cucco when it hatches, so we would say pocket cucco instead of egg if you were suppost to use that item. :)

Tailsko

• Regular Guay
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 06:54:33 AM »

Ah, ok. Thanks CloudMax

GrannyZelda

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »

I've been trying to pass the last room of the Fire Trial in Ganon's Castle for the past four hours.  Just when I almost make it, somethng stupid happens.  I'm so tired of this annoying room!  Are there any tips or tricks that might help me?  I've read a walkthrough that discussed the path, but if one thing goes wrong you have to start ALL OVER from the beginning each time.  I'm so miserable about it!

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »

I've been trying to pass the last room of the Fire Trial in Ganon's Castle for the past four hours.  Just when I almost make it, somethng stupid happens.  I'm so tired of this annoying room!  Are there any tips or tricks that might help me?  I've read a walkthrough that discussed the path, but if one thing goes wrong you have to start ALL OVER from the beginning each time.  I'm so miserable about it!

You could just skip the trials entierly using either megaflip, megaflip + damage boost, hover boost, or hammerslide into the loading zone, just like you do it on console.

As for the room, what do you mess up on? If you cant make it through the room I assume there is something in specific that you're having a hard time with.

GrannyZelda

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »

You could just skip the trials entierly using either megaflip, megaflip + damage boost, hover boost, or hammerslide into the loading zone, just like you do it on console.

As for the room, what do you mess up on? If you cant make it through the room I assume there is something in specific that you're having a hard time with.

I will have to look up what those things mean.  I'm a long-time player, but I'm not techie like that.  In this trial you must jump to collect all the silver ruppees and I'll get down to the last ruppee and something always kills me.  I get nervous and fall or something hits me, or some stupid thing.  It's 3ds Master Quest and I beat this room during the regular quest, so this is perplexing me.  Maybe I just need to take a break?  I will research those moves you mentioned.  Thanks for replying.

CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »

I will have to look up what those things mean.  I'm a long-time player, but I'm not techie like that.  In this trial you must jump to collect all the silver ruppees and I'll get down to the last ruppee and something always kills me.  I get nervous and fall or something hits me, or some stupid thing.  It's 3ds Master Quest and I beat this room during the regular quest, so this is perplexing me.  Maybe I just need to take a break?  I will research those moves you mentioned.  Thanks for replying.

Trial skip is a very useful glitch which allows you to skip all the trials. If you are doing it on master quest you obviously have to stand on the opposite side of the room.

Megaflip (By far the hardest method): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_qCqv2Mk0
hover boost (very easy to pull off): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaOxX74oG8
Hammerslide (this one is easy if you're used to it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8UrjxXKjc
Megaflip + Damage Boost (This one is easy if you're good at megaflip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ryXAdO1c

GrannyZelda

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

Trial skip is a very useful glitch which allows you to skip all the trials. If you are doing it on master quest you obviously have to stand on the opposite side of the room.

Megaflip (By far the hardest method): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl_qCqv2Mk0
hover boost (very easy to pull off): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWaOxX74oG8
Hammerslide (this one is easy if you're used to it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8UrjxXKjc
Megaflip + Damage Boost (This one is easy if you're good at megaflip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ryXAdO1c

It's inspiring how people like you and others on this board think so creatively and out of the box.  People in general may criticize game playing but I see the development of creative thinking at its zenith.  I'm serious.  And I don't worship game playing at all.  I admire the problem-solving skills and unwillingness to take the road forged for you.  Well done.

RattleMan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 07:03:54 PM »

As long as nothing's changed in the 3DS version, this is the way I go about doing it. See if it works for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HSnAolf3ew

You can also simply run to the door after the last silver rupee instead of using the Hookshot.

Sorry for the quality!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:20:28 PM by RattleMan »

Zorathan

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »

Hello. I'm sort of new to using glitches in OoT3D.

Currently, I'm working on getting the Blue gauntlets, but I'm stuck trying to get the Bombchus beneath the well.
I have gotten beneath already using a TSC, although I have been unsuccessful with retrieving the bombchus. please help. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12