ZSR Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:39:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desperate with Gohma  (Read 9676 times)
Danteh
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 06, 2011, 10:59:24 PM »

This is probably not what you think, lol. But you see I managed to kill her in one cicle (around 7 seconds) once, and now I CAN'T replicate it!!! It's driving me nuts since now I know it's possible but the crouch stab technique used for it seems completely random.

The time that I actually made it, I just jumpslashed two times and then crouchstabed like crazy... gohma seemed to be hit MUCH faster that usual. You know when you mash the b-button, gohma has something like a "recovery period" between each slash when you can't damage her. Like slash (scream)- 1 second- scream - 1 second -scream- etc till she retreats... in that ocassion it was like slash (scream)- 0.5 seconds - scream- 0-5 seconds - scream (yeah she seemed in a lot of pain  Tongue) - etc -DEAD

What I find very strange is that the croushtab speed seems very random, even if you do it alone you'll see that sometimes Link stabs very fast and the slower, etc

Anybody knows how this works, and a reliable technique to beat Gohma in 1 cycle? Thx guys!  Cool

PS: for reference I found this Bongo Bongo vid where you can see the incredibly fast slashing at the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutX2izXQno
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »

They have found an easier way. It's in this video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfpnqCung80

I think that what your doing is your not hitting her by the side or your just jumpslashing her very fast.
This video should help you, it worked for me, Good luck  Smiley

CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:11:12 AM »

Crouch Stab is one of the more useless attacks in OoT3D, do not use it.
I think it can be replaced with horizontal slashes against all bosses.

Danteh
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »

But how does this guy kill Bongo Bongo so quickly then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutX2izXQno
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »

But how does this guy kill Bongo Bongo so quickly then? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutX2izXQno
Because of jumpslash and horizontal slash.
By the way, crouch stab as young link is much worse than crouch stab as adult link if I recall correctly.
(EVERYONE uses horizontal slash for gohma, just ask anyone in the top list)

D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »

I got a time of 6.86 or something like that and I didn't use 1 horizontal slash. The way you do it is hold forward slash jumpslash and repeat, TSA has a video of it I think
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »

I got a time of 6.86 or something like that and I didn't use 1 horizontal slash. The way you do it is hold forward slash jumpslash and repeat, TSA has a video of it I think
Our record is 6.16 with horizontal slashes (just stand still and press B).
I think everyone here who competes in time attack uses horizontal slash for Ghoma, Morpha and bongo (bongo use a combination of jumpslash if I remember correctly).
I see no reason not to use it, as it is easiest to time, and the only attack that does more damage is jumpslash, which cant be used against some bosses if you want one cycle.

Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »

I think everyone here who competes in time attack uses horizontal slash for Ghoma, Morpha and bongo (bongo use a combination of jumpslash if I remember correctly).
I see no reason not to use it, as it is easiest to time, and the only attack that does more damage is jumpslash, which cant be used against some bosses if you want one cycle.

You mean Pokey didn't use Jump Slashes at all on Gohma for the 6.16 time? I wish more people would put up videos in general, even if it's not the best time they've gotten, so others can see this stuff and extrapolate from them.

I used the forward stab (not crouch stab) for 6.40. Somebody suggested using quick spin because it works faster (despite no magic meter), but not sure. I don't know if there is any advantage of any of these basic sword attacks. I also don't know if using L-targeting or just lining up and manually attacking (with Jump slash and basic slashes) is faster. I also don't know if using the gyroscope to hit Gohma to stun her is faster than locking on. I do know there is definitely a window of time after the text vanishes that you can't L-target (spam L to see for yourself). You can also spam start/home button to see when the first frame of when you can L-target is I think to be more precise. Finally, the fastest time I've reached the warp area is .80 seconds. Not sure what the fastest anyone else has gotten. 5.56 is the fastest I've "killed" Gohma on my 6.40 time.

On Morpha, I walk through the eyeball thingy after using the longshot on it and having it targeted, slash once to knock it against the wall, jump attack, disable L-target, double crouch stab (pushes Link back), L-target, jump attack (pushed back enough so I won't go through Morpha and lose positioning), repeat till dead. When I tried to use just basic slashes, Morpha gets knocked out of the corner in this version. This was never a problem for me in the N64 version, where I used quick spins (with magic meter).

Also, I might be crazy, but sometimes I definitely hear two successive "hit" sounds when landing a single hit, but it only registers as a single hit. Gave me a brief moment of hope something like PCS was back on the menu for OoT 3D, but guess not.

Edit: Saw on IGN two guys got 5.86. Pokey or George - Do you have any idea how are they getting this low?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:46:31 PM by TSA » Logged
Danteh
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 10:08:44 PM »

Our record is 6.16 with horizontal slashes (just stand still and press B).

Nice, I've been perfecting the horizontal slash stunlock and it's indeed much easier to 1 cycle Gohma like this, however I'm still intriged by that time when I managed to crouchstab gohma EXTREMELY fast.. I swear that for some reason on that occasion there was less than half a second between each "succesful hit" leading to an extremely quick kill, problem was that I was quite sloppy when stunning the eye so I only got the average 7 seconds. Hmmmmm.......

BTW, stunlocking Bongo Bongo is MUCH harder right? Can't seem to get the timing right lol!!!  Grin
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 01:32:17 AM »

One of the IGN leaders shared his strategy on the IGN boards:

"Basically, what I did was go around her while shooting the slingshot. After that, I did Jab, jump, jab, jump, and jab again and it died. I killed her in 5.86 seconds and got to the portal before time started going down BECAUSE I went around her."

Legit. Just got 5.96 and definitely improvable.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:54:21 AM by TSA » Logged
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »

One of the IGN leaders shared his strategy on the IGN boards:

"Basically, what I did was go around her while shooting the slingshot. After that, I did Jab, jump, jab, jump, and jab again and it died. I killed her in 5.86 seconds and got to the portal before time started going down BECAUSE I went around her."

Legit. Just got 5.96 and definitely improvable.
So you go behind her? I know it works because I was experimenting and attacks DO register from behind Queen Gohma. That period of time when the Fairy Slingshot is disabled is when you can sidestep around her.
Mike
Regular Guay

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »

Attacks do register from behind, but what happens when I fight her is she turns completely around to face me when I go around her. I wait to stun her until I'm in the right position.
HappySalesman
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »

I've got a question. I keep hearing this "go around behind Gohma" but I haven't seen a video, nor have i heard it explained very well. So after the text disappears, do you run around behind her immediately? Or do you stun her first? and then after she's stunned do you use horizontal slashes? or do you slash, jump, slash, jump etc?

Thank You
Emperor91
Deku Scrub

Speedrunner and high-score player

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »

1. Do roll (of course you can walk if you want)
2. As soon as you can, take target.
3. While targeting, go behind her.
4. After Gohma have turned around 180 degrees, stun her. (Maybe around 130 degrees is enough)
5. Slash, jump, slash, jump until she dies.
6. Roll or sidehop to portal.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:45:14 PM by Emperor91 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: