ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 09:51:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Low% list so far  (Read 13626 times)
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« on: July 06, 2011, 07:24:27 AM »

*****Before I start typing, I know im new here and im not well known, im sorry if im not supposed to make a new topic being unknown. I thought this may be useful for further challenges or glitches. BTW I have played Ocarina of time N64 since i was young  and Ocarina of time 3D since it came out so i am aware of most of the Game Mechanics.

This is a list of items you can skip and still be able to complete the game. (These items are skipped by glitches or just by choice)

O1) Items skipped by glitches

-Kokiri Sword
-Slingshot / Bullet Bag
-Megaton Hammer
-Longshot
-Silver gauntlets
-Gold gauntlets
-Iron Boots
-Bolero Of Fire
-Serenade of Water
-Nocturne of Shadow!! Cheesy
-Requiem of Spirit
-Forest Medallion
-Fire Medallion
-Water Medallion

(Will continue once more glitches are found)

O2) Items skipped by choice

-All Adult Trading Items (Pocket Egg, Cucco, Cojiro, etc.)
-Masks
-Lens Of Truth
-Bombchus
-Fire Arrows
-Ice Arrows
-Broken Giant's Sword / Biggoron Sword
-Zora Tunic
-Upgraded Capacitys
-Gold Skulltulas
-Heart Containers / Pieces
-Epona
-Bottles (Ruto's Bottle; because we can TSC and bring fish to Jabu-Jabu and skip the bottle, Lon Lon Ranch Bottle, and Poe Collector's bottle) Just get Kakariko Bottle it's faster
-Any Maps
-Any Compasses
-Magic Beans
-Farore's Wind
-Nayru's Love
-Sun's Song
-Epona's Song
-Song of Storms
-Prelude of Light
-Scarecrow's Song
(Will include more if I missed any)

MASTER QUEST

M1) Items skipped by glitches

Fairy Ocarina
Goron Bracelet
Saria's Song
(Will Add more)

M2) Items skipped by choice

Everything the same as Original Story Mode except...

Bombchus
(Will Add More)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:22:57 AM by HeyListen » Logged
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »

It is possible to reach spirit temple as young link, allowing you to skip the gerudo card, yes.
You can skip rutos letter, but that would require you to get atleast one of any bottle, as we cant enter jabu otherwise... This does ofc require you to do water temple without iron boots.

Goron tunic is not a requirement in the game. It does however require you to have something to heal you with, and a couple of hearts.. so maybe that isn't a good idea. I do not think 1 fairy is enough to reach the megaton hammer, especially not with 3 hearts Grin
I guess you could bottle dupe some items, and do fire temple late..

Scarecrow song
Magic Beans
Deku nut
and all other useless items.

uhm... Yeaahh... There is probably more that I am missing.. Ohh.. right.. Kokiri Sword.

LakesideLaboratory
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »

On Master Quest, you can skip the fairy ocarina and goron bracelet with glitches. This means you can also skip Saria's song. But by skipping these items, you have to get bombchu's, and you get the ocarina of time eventually anyway..
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:42:03 PM »

Yes it might work, because you only need a few items for the Fire Temple. If you do it with 3 hearts and no tunic, you may just die from the high falls or all the fire traps (If your not cautious or it's your first time).

If you do it with 3 hearts and no Goron Tunic, you're going to only have 24 seconds before you die.  Roll Eyes
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:45:52 PM »

Couldn't you just RBA Hammer on B because a bottle isn't skippable and hookshot clip for the Boss Key Early then just beat volvagia with a fairy or two?

I'm gay
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »

The hookshot clip doesn't need to be done fast, there isn't a timer in that room and then for the Megaflip it is possible but difficult without a fiary. For Volvagia a fairy is needed. If the fire trial hover can be done in 24 seconds for low% MST than this is possible too.

I'm gay
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:48:18 AM »

You dont need a fairy though the glitches, if you practice Megaflip or the "Jump to the boss door platform" glitch (Still needing bombs.)

What do you need bombs for? You can just jump to the boss door ledge.
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 01:39:58 AM »

Really? wow I feel like an idiot

EDIT: from where? I just tested some platforms and I can't seem to make it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:44:29 AM by qwerty1605 » Logged

I'm gay
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 07:14:36 AM »

Wait, what the heck?
Are we talking about BA hammer on B?
If we are going to use BA and RBA, then we can skip all adult link temples. Except that we need to get bow to use light arrow.
Or even better, we BA light arrow on B by completing forest temple, and never get the bow...

Using BA or RBA for this is just stupid.

HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 01:08:28 AM »

We still need a Gerudo Token skip and a Goron Bracelet/Saria's Song skip.
I also read somewhere that some guy got out of bounds in Temple of time? Doesn't this mean a step closer to DoT skip / Song of Time skip?
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »

Has anyone managed to kill Gohma without either a slingshot or sword? Breaking half my deku stick, then flashing it with a nut, i haven't been able to hit it more than twice after around thirty or forty attempts.
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

We still need a Gerudo Token skip
Question is, which one is better, Gerudo Token skip, Requiem of Spirit skip, or skipping them both and getting epona?
We can choose one of them.

I'd honestly rather see a Gerudo Token Skip than a Requiem of Spirit skip.

Also, getting epona does not require epona's song or anything, so do not worry about that.

So there really is 3 different items to choose between. I would pick Requiem of Spirit before Gerudo Token in a low%, because the Token has a bigger impact on the game.

Has anyone managed to kill Gohma without either a slingshot or sword? Breaking half my deku stick, then flashing it with a nut, i haven't been able to hit it more than twice after around thirty or forty attempts.
When she goes up onto the ceiling, just wait for the eggs to fall down, break them with your shield (L-Target and walk into them when shielding), and then use nuts on her eye again.
It is easy to beat her without slingshot & sword. It may just take some time.

Also, why isn't Scarecrow song in the list?

And I really do not want to say this but... Din's Fire skip? Get into shadow temple while the door is unloaded. The redead trick for the boss key still works, right?
Err.. I just tried. I can only make the redead stand up, but when he starts to rotate towards me it's to late, and he just sit down again.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:26:19 PM by CloudMax » Logged

ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »

When he goes up onto the ceiling, just wait for the eggs to fall down, break them with your shield (L-Target and walk into them when shielding), and then use nuts on his eye again.
It is easy to beat him without slingshot & sword. It may just take some time.
Figures i was making it harder than it needed to be. Didn't even realize she'd come back down on her own if you don't shoot her. Thanks.
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »

Also, since din's fire is needed now for shadow temple, deku stick can be skipped via ng+ with hammer. Hammer allows din's fire early, which can break the webs in deku tree, and light the torches in DC.
HeyListen
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

To Everyone: - Won't we be able to skip Forest, Fire, and Water Temple Medallions? We will just need Shadow and Spirit Medallions for the Light arrows and Bridge. We do need to get Bow and Arrow from the Forest Temple. If i recall when you do RBA Medallions you have Forest, Water, Shadow, and Spirit; so you don't need all the medallions because of Light and Fire. We can't one cycle ganondorf, because we don't have Biggorons Sword / Giant's Knife and we already have Master Sword / Hammer on B as child?

By skipping the Fire temple we can skip Hammer on item inventory, so if we skip entering Fire and Water Temple, we can lose 3 items (Fire Medallion, Water Medallion, and Hammer). And Forest Temple we can lose 1 (Forest Medallion) because we need Fairy's Bow, thus making us get Minuet of Forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  
  To CloudMax: - Well i would say Requiem of Spirit is good as well but you will also need epona. You posted a reply to one of my questions (the one with epona teleport to upper Gerudo's Fortress to lower to unload gate and walk through to skip Gerudo's Token) So we would need Epona and will get Requiem of Spirit, are you counting Epona as the third item? I agree though skipping the Token has a bigger impact on the game than the other.

As for the Din's Fire skip, i also have the same question. I have tested it and failed again and again, i think the spiked walls have a faster speed than the N64/Gc / VC. Thus making the redead stand up a bit too late to paralyze you.

And Scarecrow Song is added on the list. Thank you Cheesy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  To Ahou: - Yes, you are completely right. That would make the use of skipping Deku Sticks, because theres only 3 places you would need them (1 in Dodongo's Cavern and 2 in Spirit Temple), but since we wont be doing Child Spirit Temple, it will be a perfect addition Cheesy Thank you!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:14:40 PM by HeyListen » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: