ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:37:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 5224 times)
AndrewSky94
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:19:49 AM »

Today I was introduced to this website when I stumbled upon this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi4Ev0AVsNg
I really liked the video because it had commentary, and I saw that the player Jiano also had a Twilight Princess run but no commentary. I was wondering, where can I find speed runs with commentary like this one? I have no idea what is going on in most speed run videos, so to have it explained was pretty cool.  Grin Is commentated speed runs rare? Are they like, a one time thing?

A second question. Is this website only for submitting speed runs and sharing speed run secrets? Do you guys have an archive of videos I can watch? I would love to see them, but I do not know where to go.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me, also, I do not know if this is the right forum for this kind of thread. 
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:19:07 PM »

A second question. Is this website only for submitting speed runs and sharing speed run secrets? Do you guys have an archive of videos I can watch? I would love to see them, but I do not know where to go.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me, also, I do not know if this is the right forum for this kind of thread. 
As far as archiving tricks the front page has links to the four major game sections (with new ones coming soon for OoT3D and ALttP) that display a lot of the tricks that you will see in these runs. The site has recently been revamped so some of the old tricks still need to be put up. If you're looking for archived speedruns you can go to ZSR's youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeldaSpeedRunsDotCom. ZSR's other youtube account displays some tricks but sadly the descriptions aren't that great http://www.youtube.com/user/ZSRVideos. Hope this helps.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
AndrewSky94
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »

Thanks, Razor7581
AndrewSky94
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »

What about my question on the commentated videos?
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 08:19:46 PM »

What about my question on the commentated videos?
Um, commentated runs are not so much a "rare" thing, as they are a "new" thing. There aren't a tone because commentating on runs is now a more common aspect. And no, it's not a one time thing. Normally when someone completes a single segment of a game they come out with a commentated version of the run also, where they explain what they did and why they did it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:22:43 PM by Razor7581 » Logged

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
AndrewSky94
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:22:47 PM »

Thanks a lot! Your the best!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: