ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:39:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1207624 times)
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »

Alright, but I don't know how the bottle is set to B in OoT, so I don't know how I'd go about doing it in WW.
In OoT the bottle is set to B by stealing the fishing rod from the pond, and then pausing and unpausing, then fimally back flipping and pressing the fish/bugs in a bottle then B before you hit the ground. I'm hoping that in WW though that a bottle on B won't be necessary. I know Ani found how to remain swordless after FF.
Indeed, that water ledge splash effect needs a video...
Not quite sure what you're talking about here. Hope that you can help to clear this up. Sounds like a video would be nice. Smiley

I like your enthusiasm but this sounds to me like pure science fiction
I am very optimistic on this theory. But, I strongly believe that this is far from science fiction. I just need some testing to be done on it, as I am currently occupied with the trial skips.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Externalist
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »

I like your enthusiasm but this sounds to me like pure science fiction

Agreed. RBA is a 'Game Bug' specifically for Ocarina of Time. Game bugs appear when there is a programatical error in some place that the game programmer wasn't able to spot before the final release. The chances of WW to have exactly the same 'Bug' is very low. I would use my time on finding other bugs than testing out every button combination in the hopes of finding a nonexistant RBA. Just my 2 cents...
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »

Agreed. RBA is a 'Game Bug' specifically for Ocarina of Time. Game bugs appear when there is a programatical error in some place that the game programmer wasn't able to spot before the final release. The chances of WW to have exactly the same 'Bug' is very low. I would use my time on finding other bugs than testing out every button combination in the hopes of finding a nonexistant RBA. Just my 2 cents...
I'm not saying exactly the same bug. I'm suggesting something similar and just using RBA as a refferance. And about your "using your time on finding other bugs than testing out every button combinations in hope of finding a nonexistant RBA", well, if you want to look for other bugs that's fine. The will probably be something small that will be useless in 6 months to a year, it's been proven. If me, or somebody else, doesn't test the button combinations--which is a very tedious process-- then we miss the chance to discover a huge break in WW. Cool

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnxfkb83AG8

While serching for oob in ganon's tower, I found this. The left side seems quiet different but I haven't try.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:17:07 PM by Majora MIM » Logged

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »

Nice stuff.

May get a recorder at year's end...
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »

More search: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wu1Gu7pjqg

Almost OOB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbinFT4NKBk

New idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB5brrcusns

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Cerpin_Taxt
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2010, 06:44:04 PM »

I do have a wrong warp theory. It is possible to get the Ghost ship Chart very early in the game, right after beating Forbidden Woods. Klyde has a video of it. Try to Wrong Warp using the ghost ship and a bomb taken out via Tingle Tuner Stop-n-Swap. I don't quite have the patience to test this, but I may anyway. Smiley

Razor...please do research before posting stuff. You're just making yourself look bad Sad

At least you have a fervor for testing. Just please learn how to do it a little better...

Majora MM, get on the IRC Tongue I wanna talk to you.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »

Razor...please do research before posting stuff. You're just making yourself look bad Sad

At least you have a fervor for testing. Just please learn how to do it a little better...
What do you think I'm doing right now? I always test before just saying things. I hope to really crack down on the trial skips today, I'll laugh when I get them to work. Cool Anyway, Thanks for the wrong warp reference.  Smiley Yes, I have seen Klyde's video, it's a genius method.
@Majora MIM:
Thanks for all the hard work you're doing, it's really a great help. It looks like you're on the brink of finding something, I sure hope that you do. Grin

Cerpin_Taxt
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »

...if you really believe this will work go find bottle dupe in WW

Without that there's no way to get bottle B except through black magic

You could never RBA normal items even in OOT

Windwaker is not OOT

You cannot skip the boomerang unless you find Early ToG, or a way to beat Kalle Demos without it
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »

...if you really believe this will work go find bottle dupe in WW

Without that there's no way to get bottle B except through black magic

You could never RBA normal items even in OOT

Windwaker is not OOT

You cannot skip the boomerang unless you find Early ToG, or a way to beat Kalle Demos without it

I don't believe that a bottle on B will be necessary. But, if it is, I'll try to find a way. I know that Windwaker isn't OoT, and that's what makes the ideas probable. About the boomerang skip, I know that ToG early would be the way. I've already commented on this in the past. Haven't got around to testing wrong warp with the Ghost Ship yet. I'll try to get around to it.

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2010, 11:41:47 PM »

I know that Windwaker isn't OoT, and that's what makes the ideas probable.
Other way around, dude. Because it isn't oot, it's not programed the same way, therefore the same methods won't work. They probably learned from their past programming flaws, so there's no way to really know if the same principles apply (like linking an item slot to another item like RBA does)

What makes your idea of the combination of buttons sound like science fiction is the fact that this is zelda. Zelda has no 'cheat' system, like Sonic or other games, where a combination of buttons would link to a different menu or to a debug area. The only thing zelda has even remotely close (and calling it remotely close is a massive stretch) to something like that is the new game+ aspect like in Zelda 1 and WW with its costume and Hylian translations.
Also, even if it were the case, I wouldn't even consider it a 'breakthrough'. If what you were to say is true about starting off with different items via a combination of buttons, then it was intended by the developers. they literally gave you the tools to do that, which in certain aspects is considered cheating. To me, that would feel the exact same as using a gameshark/AR to do so, which around here is not accepted for runs.

As much as I hate being unsupportive/deconstructive especially when it comes to Wind Waker discoveries, I don't foresee any of these ideas becoming a reality.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2010, 09:58:50 PM »

Also, even if it were the case, I wouldn't even consider it a 'breakthrough'. If what you were to say is true about starting off with different items via a combination of buttons, then it was intended by the developers. they literally gave you the tools to do that, which in certain aspects is considered cheating. To me, that would feel the exact same as using a gameshark/AR to do so, which around here is not accepted for runs.

As much as I hate being unsupportive/deconstructive especially when it comes to Wind Waker discoveries, I don't foresee any of these ideas becoming a reality.
I doubt that the game developers would ever have intended such to happen. That's like saying that the game developers can forsee the glitches that are going to arise in new games. And anyway, I don't cheat. I hate AR and gameshark. If I can find a method, I will prove to you that it's not "cheating".

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2010, 07:56:27 PM »

I was working on the trial skips today, but after some frustration, I took a break and found something promising. I had always been thinking that it would be great to be able to skip the three goddess statues. In the room before the room where you take them, there are two statues. I found a way to clip one of them through the door, but it doesn't appear on the other side, and, anyways, I was hoping to clip Link through the door. Right now it's more like Phazon's stick glitch, but I'm hoping to clip the door soon with a new theory. I'm not uploading anything yet until I do a bit more testing. Hopefully, the clip is possible.  Grin

Marcus
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »

I was working on the trial skips today, but after some frustration, I took a break and found something promising. I had always been thinking that it would be great to be able to skip the three goddess statues. In the room before the room where you take them, there are two statues. I found a way to clip one of them through the door, but it doesn't appear on the other side, and, anyways, I was hoping to clip Link through the door. Right now it's more like Phazon's stick glitch, but I'm hoping to clip the door soon with a new theory. I'm not uploading anything yet until I do a bit more testing. Hopefully, the clip is possible.  Grin
I don't see how that would allow us to skip the 3 goddess statues or save any time at all.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »

I don't see how that would allow us to skip the 3 goddess statues or save any time at all.
It's only a theory, and the idea is that the room unloaded might have some different aspects to it. For instance, the light warp thing might be activated.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: