ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:11:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1207231 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Marcus
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

Thanks. Cheesy
I wont give up. Earlier in this thread I found a comment where you said that some have tried to skip the first 3 dungeons. How? And is it completely impossible to restore the Master Sword early by Wrong Warping to TotG and all that? The Wrong Warp made me confused.
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »

Earlier in this thread I found a comment where you said that some have tried to skip the first 3 dungeons. How? And is it completely impossible to restore the Master Sword early by Wrong Warping to TotG and all that? The Wrong Warp made me confused.
I agree about the confusing wrong warp. Anyway, is it completely possible to restore the Master Sword, I have no doubt (just having some problems getting it to work). After that & the trial skips are finished there's just a few things I need to figure out before making this the best WW speedrun ever:
1. Wrong Warp inside ToG (Hoping Ani or Phazon will help out on this)
2. Ringing the ToG Bell w/out Grappling Hook (No clue on this one)
3. Bombs w/out pirate ship (There's already a theory that you can get them from Gohdan)
4. Get to Ganon w/out hookshot & grappling hook (Needs more consideration, hover would sure be useful)
To be continued...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:38:54 PM by Razor » Logged

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2010, 10:37:52 AM »

Do frozen enemies count as an unmovable, at least when it comes to ledge clipping? I can't remember if I ever checked...

The current list of unmovables are; Medli, Makar, orbs, stone chus, stuned magtails, Armos statues (lol if someone manages a clip off the large statues), and Tetra...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

lol_oli_lol@hotmail.com PhazonN
Email
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2010, 11:10:46 AM »

1. Wrong Warp inside ToG (Hoping Ani or Phazon will help out on this)

I don't know about Ani, but I'm almost 100% positive that this is impossible. To warp into ToG means you have already erected *snicker* the ToG by placing the 3 pearls. Not only that, but the wrong warp demonstrated by Ani doesn't warp to the ToG quadrant and the FF2 wrong warp (if I can ever get it to work again, and trust me I have been trying) isn't possible until after ToG has been completed. You could try getting the fade-in to occur somewhere else and warp from that, but there's no reason to believe that it'd lead to a different quadrant, and as I said before, without the pearl placements warping to ToG quadrent is useless. Unless you know of a different method to wrong warp, I don't think this'll be doable. 3 still interests me. I don't think there is a way into ToG without bombs, but I'd still like to know what happens when Gohdan tries to give you some extra bombs.

[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »

Unless you know of a different method to wrong warp, I don't think this'll be doable. 3 still interests me. I don't think there is a way into ToG without bombs, but I'd still like to know what happens when Gohdan tries to give you some extra bombs.
A new method of wrong warp is what I'm trying to figure out & what I need some help on. Marcus and I are currently working on the trial skips so if you could help it would be much appreciated. I'm also curious to see what happens when Gohdan gives you bombs--hopefully the game won't crash--, but as I don't use cheats, I need to find some sort of wrong warp into the ToG (without the pearls). I could really use your help Phazon.
EDIT- Here are some other things I need to add to the list:
5. Deku Leaf & Boomerang Early (Not sure if we can completely skip the Deku Leaf yet. It takes too long to go play through the FW to get the boomerang; if early's not possible, maybe a skip on the Puppet Ganon battle would be possible--would solve the problem of number 4--)
6. (This spot is reserved for fixing any game crashes that may occur in the process of testing)

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »

A great idea just popped into my head. New theory: would it be possible to develop a method to get the fire/ice arrows before the bow? I know that you can get into the fairy island early with cd streaming, but not sure how to activate the fairy cutscene early. This could be a good timesaver in the ToG, but arrises some questions:
1. Would the game also automatically give you the normal arrows too?
2. What all could be skipped?
3. Could this lead to ToG early?
4. Because we don't have the Ballad of Gales, would we be stuck in the island or could we savewarp out?
*5. Crashes? (Hope not.)
Testing needs to be done on this theory. Could lead to ToG early, which would save a lot of time & effort. I'll do my best to get this to work. If anyone finds anything with this leave a reply and post a video on Youtube.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:35:04 PM by Razor » Logged

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2010, 09:39:37 AM »

By SDA rules, that CD streaming trick isn't allowed. I don't think you can interfere with the console in any way during a segment. I've tried skipping Puppet Ganon before. I tried a fire arrow on the cauldron from the bottom floor, which would allow me to warp to the top and up to Ganon, but you have to be so damn precise on those cauldrons to open them, that my hope of a stray bit of fire flying through the platform and opening it was optimistic to say the least.

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »

By SDA rules, that CD streaming trick isn't allowed. I don't think you can interfere with the console in any way during a segment. I've tried skipping Puppet Ganon before. I tried a fire arrow on the cauldron from the bottom floor, which would allow me to warp to the top and up to Ganon, but you have to be so damn precise on those cauldrons to open them, that my hope of a stray bit of fire flying through the platform and opening it was optimistic to say the least.
This isn't SDA though, and anyway, wrong warp there might be possible. I like your idea on skipping the Puppet Ganon battle, but like you said, it would take a lot of percision, and--to add to the problems--you'd be dodging PG's fists as well. I really like the idea though, and hope to get around to working with it. If you can get it right will you post a video? Smiley

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »

I gave up on it, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible. I couldn't make a vid anyway, because my DVD-recorder hasn't been working for months now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd want my run to be on SDA as well as here, so I follow the rules from there since there really aren't any rules of ZSR to follow (that I know of?).

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2010, 01:13:33 AM »

I gave up on it, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible. I couldn't make a vid anyway, because my DVD-recorder hasn't been working for months now.
Like I told Marcus, don't give up on it. In the world of ZSR, you're one of the brightest minds we've got. I'm really busy with the trial skips so if you could work on this it would be extremely appreciated.
EDIT- Adding these to the list:
5. Skip Puppet Ganon Battle (Phazon said that he had an idea on this that sounded very useful. Skipping this not only saves time, but also alows for the boomerang to be skipped)
6. (Reserved for crashes)
7. Deku Leaf Early (It would save a lot of time and skip some long cutscenes to get this early--I'm thinking an RBA-like method--. Until I can prove that the DL is 100% skippable, this will remain on the list)

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2010, 07:44:47 AM »

In the world of ZSR, you're one of the brightest minds we've got.

Knowing me, I'd say that's a pretty bad insult to everyone else here xD. Anyway, I don't know what you want me to do. When I get an idea about something I'll test it, but in this case I was convinced that it just wasn't possible. At the moment I'm still trying to get the FF2 fade-in to happen again so I can try and WW off it. I never understood RBA so I don't really know what you mean there. I don't even know what RBA stands for <_<

A fairly pointless little trick - If you let the water rise all the way against HK and stand in a certain spot, you drop in and out of the water every frame (if you zoom in the game lags pretty noticeably).

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2010, 11:19:25 PM »

I never understood RBA so I don't really know what you mean there. I don't even know what RBA stands for <_<
RBA stands for reverse bottle adventure. In OoT, what it basically did was when you had a certain item on a certain slot--normally a trading quest item on the right c slot-- and you had a bottle on B, and caught something in that bottle--normally a fish or bugs-- it would mess up the item codes and alow you to suddenly have a random item--depending on what was the certain item on that certain slot. What I ment by getting the deku leaf with a "RBA-like" method, is by having an item on a certain slot, x,y or z, and/or pressing the right combination of buttons--presumably during the beginning cutscene-- it would alow you to start the game with an item you're not supposed to have--hopefully the deku leaf and fully restored Master Sword Grin--. The only problem being that there are over 400 different button combinations and I have no idea which leads to the DL & MS. Now, what I want you to do is try to find how to do any of the glitches on my previous lists and/or any other glitches that you think will come in handy in the above processes.

Phazon
Special Guay

Aaaaagh!

Email
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:49 AM »

Alright, but I don't know how the bottle is set to B in OoT, so I don't know how I'd go about doing it in WW.

MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2010, 04:19:53 AM »

Indeed, that water ledge splash effect needs a video...

May get a recorder at year's end...