ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1207606 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
T00lri0t
Deku Scrub

« Reply #825 on: July 25, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »

So I realize this is super noob status but I am having massive trouble with hovering. I've watched the videos of the two hand tap method and can't seem to get it do I bought a turbo controller.... Which sucks. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've seen vids where a turbo controller works like a pro is there a certain model I need to look for??
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #826 on: July 25, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »

What I do is as soon as I get knocked down, I hold L and start mashing a and b with my index and middle fingers. Once I get a little height I switch to just b and let go of L. Any turbo controller should work. Make sure you aren't turboing L, and that you turbo both A and B. But really you should keep trying it without turbo. I just use one hand, I may eventually switch to two hands, but it'll be in the air and not to start the hover.
T00lri0t
Deku Scrub

« Reply #827 on: July 25, 2012, 09:48:41 PM »

I think I may have gotten a cheap turbo controller cuz once I start the hover link starts to slowly fall back to the ground despite the hover actually working. I was able to use a combination of the controller and just mashing like crazy to try to get bombs early but I ended up like 10 mins away from tingle island before landing in the sea (after 2 hours of hovering >.<) I guess I should just work on my mashing skills. Thanks for the help!
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #828 on: July 26, 2012, 03:30:32 AM »

Yeah that seems like a pretty cheap controller. A turbo controller should get perfect hovers.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #829 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »

Does your controller allow for variable turbo speeds? What brand is it?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #830 on: July 27, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »

Practice with two fingers. The key is regularity, not speed. Two fingers = 2 times faster so just relax and go about half the speed you would use for hovering with one hand then use two fingers alternatively at said speed.

Practice the regularity then speed up the move.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
T00lri0t
Deku Scrub

« Reply #831 on: July 27, 2012, 02:51:09 AM »

@mzkrules
I went to GameStop and bought the only turbo controller they had in stock. The guy told me they don't really sell them much anymore unfortunately for me. I've read and heard about the "pelican" series is that a good one to use??

@majora mim
I saw that somewhere too so I've found a good practice spot by swimming in water not deep enough to start the breathe thing and listen to the speed of the noise from my button mashing. Maybe I just need to practice it more cuz it sounds like a lot of people can do it pretty well.

Thanks for all the help and feedback!
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #832 on: July 29, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhSAh19wIUc

I've checked and it seems to be the case that you can't climb up or land on that ledge so that you're half OoB, otherwise a tingle balloon would work. If someone wants to try this out or test for a way to do this on console though, I think it would be cool, it saves like 1-2 minutes in the TAS I think
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #833 on: July 30, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »

Atleast in the Jap version, it is possible to just sidehop over the Tetra text in FF1. ILs fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vv92K2kL9k
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:27:52 PM by Abahbob » Logged
Gords
Deku Scrub

« Reply #834 on: August 14, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »

hi guys, new to zeldaspeedruns. i have done a bit of ww speedrunning before for the 4/48 zelda marathon sydney team.

anyways, the main reason why im posting is to say that i found another way to skip the helmaroc king fight that seems a bit easier on the arms and quicker as well. I uploaded the video on youtube, You can find it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiBrY9bddvY

also GlitchesAndStuff
i was fiddling around with a skip like that last year before the 4/48, ill try again now to see if i can find a console way of doing it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:09:10 PM by Gords » Logged
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #835 on: September 02, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T47Njbf_6I8
Softlock with Medli

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd