ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1206879 times)
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #810 on: June 13, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »

What I just noticed: In his last few runs Cosmo got the exact same cyclon luck. Also in his last few runs, he used a name that was exactly 8 signs long.
Might be coincidence, might not be. Worth investigating?

This was already tested. The cyclone outcome seems frame-dependent.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #811 on: June 15, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »

Really? In that case that is one hell of a coincidence.

Sure that name length doesn't somehow play into the RNG for the warp?

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #812 on: June 15, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »

This is TWW. Coincedences happen all the time. The idea that it plays into the RNG is ridiculous.
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #813 on: June 15, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, this forum doesn't have a help thread and I'm not sure if my question is worthy of a new thread, so I decided to ask here.

Anyway, I recently developed an interest in learning this game, so for now I've been messing around with early game stuff. In FF1, in the room with the two moblins, is there a way to determine/affect the direction the second moblin will turn? It looks impossible to get past him if he turns left, and it feels kinda random. However I noticed he never seems to turn left for other players, so I'm assuming there's some kind of deeper understanding going on here. Any advice?

Sorry for the noob question, I'm still getting used to the way this game works haha, any help is much appreciated. Smiley
mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #814 on: June 15, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »

From what I understand, you can't luck-manipulate any of the moblins. Cosmo seems to be able to bypass all the moblins regardless of which direction the moblins are going initially. Other than this, I can't help...
EverAlert
Regular Guay

« Reply #815 on: June 16, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »

Hmm, I tried just optimising movement a bit more and it seems to be working out more often. Just needed to be fastuuurrr. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Rolling mechanics in this game are weird.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #816 on: June 16, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »

This is TWW. Coincedences happen all the time. The idea that it plays into the RNG is ridiculous.
I don't see how it's rediculous. The RNG has to take some base numbers from somewhere. Name length would be a good way to randomize further between different games.

It's just really weird that like 8 runs in a row got Southern Fairy Island, either on the first or second try. That is staggeringly unlikely.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #817 on: June 24, 2012, 09:09:31 PM »

The shield is needed to get to Ship 1.
Maybe I just don't remember this game correctly, but why is it necessary to get to ship 1 in the TAS route? I thought TAS skipped ship 1.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #818 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:57 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkpd0ekjZN0

Faster WW dive into forest haven. Also pretty consistent.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #819 on: July 04, 2012, 12:20:48 AM »

Quick little things:

You can sidle behind the song stone in the coffin room in the ET, but no skip because of the stupid door frame.
You can grab the ledge of coffins, so a ledge clip is plausible, but difficult in the tiny space (more likely for TAS if it works).

mugg
Regular Guay

« Reply #820 on: July 04, 2012, 01:01:49 AM »

I think due to the stone wall being solid, you can't really fit in in order to open the door anyway. I can't remember what came of the testing I did in that room... Ledgeclip on the coffins is almost out of the question for tuner less TAS, though.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #821 on: July 04, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »

I think due to the stone wall being solid, you can't really fit in in order to open the door anyway. I can't remember what came of the testing I did in that room... Ledgeclip on the coffins is almost out of the question for tuner less TAS, though.
Hmmm... There are loads of hearts in that room all over. Surely TAS could do something like in forest water-less LA skip.

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #822 on: July 07, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »

New timesaver in the Wind Temple for 100% from GlitchesAndStuff and Demon9 (I was there idk if I helped). In the room across where you get the Hookshot with the breakable floor panels, it turns out that you don't have to visit the floor below the panels each time, you only need to unequip the Iron Boots right before they break the floor and leaf away to solid ground. You do need to do the first and last ones though, the first one to position the spring in the floor below to get out (when all the enemies are there, it's impossible to push) and the last one because you can't avoid the drop because of the Treasure Chart chest appearing cutscene.

Edit: Newer method (by me this time). Stand on the edge of the breakable panel and equip the boots. Buffer them until you hear the impact noise they make (not synced with when they hit they ground), and switch the boots with another item. Sidehop off the panel and you won't need the leaf. Also makes it so that you don't ever have to go down below, as you can sidehop before the chest appeearing cutscene. Then just damage boost to the platform with the Treasure Chart & Small Key

Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #823 on: July 07, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »

Nook, can you post a link to your current 100% route? I wanna test it again.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #824 on: July 07, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »

http://pastebin.com/EXQzSicB

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: