ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:37:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1207138 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #795 on: May 25, 2012, 11:37:35 PM »

Is that because link keeps walking against the stone and never walks in when the cutscene triggers? because if that is the case, then surely the walk through
walls glitch would work?

You wouldn't be able to activate the walk through walls before that cutscene, as it is activated upon leaving the temple.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #796 on: May 26, 2012, 09:39:39 AM »

You wouldn't be able to activate the walk through walls before that cutscene, as it is activated upon leaving the temple.

I thought it's when you have Medli on your boat and approach the island and she and link automatically start walking in?

But maybe this is just my bad knowledge of how the game goes Tongue

And thinking about it, if it's a crash then that wouldn't solve it anyway. I guess that would only solve the softlock mentioned above.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:56:33 AM by GlitchesAndStuff » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #797 on: May 27, 2012, 01:43:47 AM »

Ah. The way I understood it was when you finish the temple, it was the CS that started that caused the crash/lock.
Thiradell
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #798 on: May 29, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »

If I can break up a few hundred posts of barrier skip discussion...

I'm nearing the end (so, so close) of my 100% speedrun, but I've having some difficulty getting the trials skip to work consistently. I've managed to clip all the way OoB twice (in addition to several times where I got partway into the wall), although I was caught off guard both times, so I fell too far to get into the loading zone behind the big door. It really doesn't seem like that tough of a trick, but for an hour or two now I haven't been able to get back OoB.

Any tips? Advice? Should I be trying to move fast? Does the game realize what I'm trying to do if I wait too long hanging from the ledge? Do any particular camera angles help? Is it still random/luck-based at the end of it all, or should the trick be working 100% of the time if I do everything right?

Anything at all is appreciated.
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #799 on: May 29, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »

If I can break up a few hundred posts of barrier skip discussion...

I'm nearing the end (so, so close) of my 100% speedrun, but I've having some difficulty getting the trials skip to work consistently. I've managed to clip all the way OoB twice (in addition to several times where I got partway into the wall), although I was caught off guard both times, so I fell too far to get into the loading zone behind the big door. It really doesn't seem like that tough of a trick, but for an hour or two now I haven't been able to get back OoB.

Any tips? Advice? Should I be trying to move fast? Does the game realize what I'm trying to do if I wait too long hanging from the ledge? Do any particular camera angles help? Is it still random/luck-based at the end of it all, or should the trick be working 100% of the time if I do everything right?

Anything at all is appreciated.
I'm assuming you're using the bomb method. In the case of this particular ledge, it's pretty much all about the timing of when you press the stick to move toward the bomb after grabbing the ledge. When you grab the edge out of the leaf you should notice he does an animation to hang on. The timing you want is toward the end of that animation before he hangs idly. Here's a reference with pausing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RB4R_e7M68#t=5h44m29s

Thiradell
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #800 on: May 29, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »

Sweet, I think that was the issue. Guess I could try pause-buffering too. Thanks for the help.