ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1207619 times)
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #750 on: May 07, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCzApHRaOFE

doubt it's useful, but I find it interesting how 'continue' gives 3 hearts
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

I make videos of games that are done very fast.

Email
« Reply #751 on: May 07, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »

Wow, that's crazy. Only place I can think of would be Light Arrow skip. But of course, that requires forest water and you could just use the storage method. Still, nice find.
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #752 on: May 08, 2012, 04:39:01 PM »

Actually, now I think about it, this can be used for any length of hover, if you do the hover before the fake death cutscene and then trigger the cutscene + get knocked off at the top.

So I guess this is a kinda 'hover to anywhere using forest water' providing the ledge you're trying to get to has some kind of enemy or object to push you. Saying that, I can't think of a single place where we actually need to start and land a hover without going through a loading zone.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #753 on: May 10, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Pretty much if you enter FF1 by means of moblin and you don't finish FF1, you will always warp back to Outset from save and quit or death. This not only saves time, but may have interesting effects in Hyrule. Right now I'm testing this, but I'm thinking FF1 ending skip + Hyrule 2 save exit may be interesting.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #754 on: May 10, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Pretty much if you enter FF1 by means of moblin and you don't finish FF1, you will always warp back to Outset from save and quit or death. This not only saves time, but may have interesting effects in Hyrule. Right now I'm testing this, but I'm thinking FF1 ending skip + Hyrule 2 save exit may be interesting.
Can you go about getting the sword without completing FF1? Do you keep the sword even if you die? I've never messed with this, so I'm unsure.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #755 on: May 10, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »

Can you go about getting the sword without completing FF1? Do you keep the sword even if you die? I've never messed with this, so I'm unsure.
I doubt the sword would be kept, since that would let us rape moblins prematurely via quit save.

Assuming the sword is not kept as long as FF1 isn't completed, I'd like to see this tested:

1. Get sword and leave FF1 without finishing it.

2. Get past that Tower of the Gods dead-end where it can't be beaten without the sword.

3. Save and quit.

4. If still swordless (probably not at this point), proceed to Hyrule and pick up the Master Sword.

5. With the Master Sword, return to FF1 and pick up the sword there.

Will the sword left in FF1 overwrite the Master Sword? Or will it be gone as it may become FF2 since getting the Master Sword is a plot advancing trigger?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:11:36 PM by Jeville » Logged
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #756 on: May 11, 2012, 01:05:46 AM »

Since you normally stay in ff1 with a save quit, you do keep the sword. I can't go into too NIH depth because I'm on a phone right now.

Here's what I've learned. I'll be in-depth as not to rule out possibilities.
I got the NFI rupee upgrade and got sail. Then bottle and forest water. I activated endless night. I went to ff1, turned off searchlight, activated tetra text, got sword. I save quit and reset. I was at Outset. I got bombs and did DRC. I did forbidden woods. I did ff2 skipping skull hammer. Here's the interesting thing.
During the ganon cutscene, it went normally. Before going to hyrule, I was on KoRL in the CS. ToG did not appear. When going to Hyrule, I appeared on the ground during the CS, no KoRL. It was gray like hyrule 1 skip usually is. The camera got messed up during the CS and the cutscene finished. Then I got a crash right before getting control. It was the crash where you see the screen but it buzzes and there is of course, a hard crash. Had to hit power button.

Not sure what this means. I'm trying again later today.

Another thing I am theorizing. Similar to how ff has ff1, ff2, ff3. The ocean has different versions. There is the starting version. This stays at day iirc until some event happens. This somewhat explains the FoF crash. There is another version which is right after ff1. This is kind of like a cutscene ocean. In this version, FF is in what I will call ff0. It is ff2 with no spikes, no searchlights, no cannons, no PG, and no door at the top. Entering any door goes to the interior and when you exit it goes to the normal ocean and normal ff2. Another sign of this is that even if you are in endless night, the actors at windfall are there right after ff1. ANOTHER sign is that in my TAS, when you exit the bomb shop it activates the KoRL coming to windfall after greatfish cutscene. I also assume that islands have their own versions, and that is why the water around some unloads if you get too close too fast. The reason for ff0 is that it stays in the same state for the cutscene after ff1, where you see it but it is blank (check me on this one). THats about all I can think of off the top of my head. I may stream ff0 later, probably more ff1 ending skip.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #757 on: May 11, 2012, 01:09:37 AM »

Will the sword left in FF1 overwrite the Master Sword? Or will it be gone as it may become FF2 since getting the Master Sword is a plot advancing trigger?
Ff1 and ff2 are different maps. No plot advancing trigger changes that. To get to ff1 you get caught by a moblin. Ff2 advances to ff3 after finishing the helmaroc battle by entering ganons room.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #758 on: May 12, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »

Yay triple post.

So here's what I got today.
1. Do the intro up to watching Tetra fall.
2. Complete FF1 getting there with a moblin.
3. The pirate ship will still be by Outset.
4. Enter and you will be in the pirate ship 2 and you can get bombs without endless night.
Sadly, endless night is needed to get the door on the back of Jabun's cave to appear, so you can't skip it. But if someone thinks that the intro is faster than the trip to Windfall and the bomb shop CS, well, idk. Seems ridiculous that this could be faster, even in TAS. Well, it'll be TAS only. Pretty much it'd be this:

Hop off tower.
Clothes.
Telescope.
Tetra fall.
Superswim to NFI and use moblin to go to FF1.
FF1.
At Windfall, buy sail to avoid sail softlock.
Free Tingle.
Superswim to Outset.
Zombie hover from Outset onto the pirate ship.

All I got for now.
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #759 on: May 12, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »

Zombie hover from Outset onto the pirate ship.

How do you plan to heal out of this hover?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #760 on: May 12, 2012, 09:49:09 PM »

How do you plan to heal out of this hover?
Tingle Tuner.
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #761 on: May 12, 2012, 09:52:54 PM »

It would have to be tuner. This route would be crazy. When I get a chance I may make a quick sloppy TAS of it up to getting bombs. Idk about rupees either. You need to get sail before bombs, because to get off the ship needs a savewarp and then the KoRL is a bitch.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:54:48 PM by Abahbob » Logged
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #762 on: May 12, 2012, 10:59:41 PM »

It would have to be tuner. This route would be crazy. When I get a chance I may make a quick sloppy TAS of it up to getting bombs. Idk about rupees either. You need to get sail before bombs, because to get off the ship needs a savewarp and then the KoRL is a bitch.
So Dolphin has tuner support finally? Because this theoretical routing/TAS'ing it up until where you need it is just proving to be disappointing speculation. Undecided

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Abahbob
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #763 on: May 12, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »

No support yet :/ I'll just use the d-pad right to heal code or something. Idk if I'll TAS it, seems long.
ahou
Regular Guay

« Reply #764 on: May 13, 2012, 12:38:39 AM »

I wouldn't count on the tuner ever working in dolphin.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: